Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ladders  (Read 1167 times)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ladders
« on: February 28, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »

maybe adding ladders to the gamer they can be built in carpenter's shops and be placed in openspace to like make 1x1 squares able to be traversed up and down, so one could make long shaftsof 1x1 in a minign proccess... could also be used for siege.
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Re: Ladders
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:25:00 am »

It would basically be a ramp that uses furniture moving instead of carpentry, of which I wholly approve.

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 03:28:00 am »

i think ladders should act maybe as 2 ramps on top of eachother if they are implemented. just my opinion though ^^
een failing lately?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:24:00 am »

RAMPS?
Stairs, if anything.

Doesn't look very ramp-like to me.

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 05:40:00 am »

quote:
Doesn't look very ramp-like to me.

yahyah... i gots brain freeze ^^

een failing lately?

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:52:00 am »

It would also be nice if you could place them downward one level, in those pits that you can't get into.  So if you make a mistake while digging a pit and forget temporary stairs, and you don't want to dig stairs out of the side wall and then replace them later with a built wall, you can just slap a ladder on the edge.  At the very least, a dwarf should be able to go down the ladder with lumber to construct a ramp.  Walking up and down a ladder hauling stone is a little difficult to imagine, after all.