Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46

Author Topic: iPick [d5] 4/13 alive - Game over, citizen. Town wins.  (Read 91492 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: iPick [d1] 13/13 alive - WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2010, 11:21:23 pm »

4 =/= 6 =/= 5
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:13 pm »

I have no idea what is

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2010, 11:24:07 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2010, 11:27:41 pm »

So did Pandarsenic give away a double voter?

Or does math just fail?

Anyhow, dakarian is scum. He will always be scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2010, 11:28:23 pm »

Pandarsenic broke mathematics.

ANYWAY, I don't know what to think anymore and I have to go study.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2010, 11:34:12 pm »

Pandarsenic broke mathematics.

ANYWAY, I don't know what to think anymore and I have to go study.
You can think dakarian is scum when they pull my diseased carcass off the ground tomorrow.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2010, 11:42:20 pm »

So did Pandarsenic give away a double voter?

Or does math just fail?

Anyhow, dakarian is scum. He will always be scum.

Sorry, I broke math. Got confused about it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2010, 12:53:17 am »

Okay, I'm going to have to ask Cobalt, why are you voting Nirur?

You may have said it before, true, but I want to hear right now your reasoning behind it. I've not heard much from you really, and I think its only fair you say your reasonings.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2010, 01:03:17 am »

Wow, way to jump off that real quick when it didn't look good. That's real scummy, man. Real scummy. She wasn't even voting you either, merely pointing out your scumtells. Though now I think that those scumtells are a lot more prominent, I was initially just pointing out what she had said. Talk about not reading someone's posts, huh.

Sure, it could have been major, but there's no way that scum would let something that blatantly obvious slip so casually, and you still jumped on it faster than fleas on a hobo. Scrambling to cover yourself?

Sidelining? I think not. I'm content to watch both WebAdict and Dak for scumtells. What I was doing was pointing out that you were saying that WA was a good lynch target, yet you voted for Vector. And then you unvoted as soon as someone drew attention to it. What's going on with that, scum?

I jumped off because, you know, my entire main point was invalidated. If I kept going it would of been retarded because I had no more case.

So you're saying that scum don't put out scum tells and that anything that looks scummy is actually townie mistakes? That makes PERFECT sense!

I said that Webadict would be a good lynch target if somebody was actively trying to lynch him. And there were (and are) several people actively trying to lynch him. I've said several times that I don't think Webadict is mafia-based scum. Of course, the fact he's complaining about me calling him a Jester only makes me think he's a Jester more, since who WOULDN'T want to be called a Jester except a Jester?

Still, he seems to have some vested interest in the game, so I'm not going to write him off or anything. I'm just not going to vote to lynch him, that's all. While I'm on the subject, the Webadict bandwagon fell apart really fucking fast. It's OBSCENELY obvious that it was filled with scum who were worried that Webadict wouldn't be an easy lynch.

Here's the most votes Web had:

webadict [5]: Dakarian, ToonyMan, SirBayer, Nirur Torir, Diakron

And here's the most recent vote count:

webadict [2]: ToonyMan, Diakron

So SirBayer, Nirur Torir, and Dakarian all hopped off the Webadict-wagon. So what SPECIFICALLY made you three decide that Webadict isn't scum? I know some of you have already covered this already, just say it again or post a link.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:17 am »

I joined the Webadict bandwagon purely to pressure him. I intended to jump off when he had six votes if he still hadn't broken.

As for the bandwagon on me? I purposefully painted myself as a target, seeing who went for the easy lynch. I have:

CobalKobold - Quite probably scum, unless CK has a great reason for this extended absence. Voted me for the Webadict bandwagon, and has been perfectly content to ride my bandwagon.
SirBayer - He was the only one who actually tried to identify if I was scum or not.
Leafsnail - He tried to vote me because he misinterpreted my words, whether purposefully or accidentally. Watch him.
Dakarian - Scum. He's voting me because of my Webadict bandwagon.
Vector - Probably a townie. Voting me because I provoked an attack.

Lynch Dakarian when you're done with my lynch. Please.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2010, 08:39:27 am »

The entire point to me voting for webadict was to apply pressure to him.  I wasn't even fully set on him being a lynch in the first place (I make sure I'm VERY clear when I'm at that point).  When everyone bandwagoned on him, he finally broke that shell he placed so I could get a read on him.  The results was 3rd party.  Since I'm after scum and and only scum, I took my vote off of him. 

Personally, I don't get and really don't like the fan club I have.  I feel like I could point at anyone and get them lynched at this point.  I'm pretty darn sure a nice batch of scum flowed into the webadict lynch since web is a big target and the town would either focus on me or walk away from it afterwards without even looking at the wagon riders.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2010, 10:27:57 am »

I joined the Webadict bandwagon purely to pressure him. I intended to jump off when he had six votes if he still hadn't broken.

As for the bandwagon on me? I purposefully painted myself as a target, seeing who went for the easy lynch. I have:

CobalKobold - Quite probably scum, unless CK has a great reason for this extended absence. Voted me for the Webadict bandwagon, and has been perfectly content to ride my bandwagon.
SirBayer - He was the only one who actually tried to identify if I was scum or not.
Leafsnail - He tried to vote me because he misinterpreted my words, whether purposefully or accidentally. Watch him.
Dakarian - Scum. He's voting me because of my Webadict bandwagon.
Vector - Probably a townie. Voting me because I provoked an attack.

Lynch Dakarian when you're done with my lynch. Please.
YeeHAW! We got us a Cowboy over here! And he's under fire for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

He's telling the truth. It's quite obvious he was. He wasn't very good about DOING IT, but he's not scum. He's not. Really, look at all of his words and tell me he's scum. Literally. Look at everything he's done! It's like most of his words are saying, "I'm a Townie!"

Of course, dakarian over here begs to differ, what with numbers being on his side. Logic always loses to numbers.

The entire point to me voting for webadict was to apply pressure to him.  I wasn't even fully set on him being a lynch in the first place (I make sure I'm VERY clear when I'm at that point).  When everyone bandwagoned on him, he finally broke that shell he placed so I could get a read on him.  The results was 3rd party.  Since I'm after scum and and only scum, I took my vote off of him. 

Personally, I don't get and really don't like the fan club I have.  I feel like I could point at anyone and get them lynched at this point.  I'm pretty darn sure a nice batch of scum flowed into the webadict lynch since web is a big target and the town would either focus on me or walk away from it afterwards without even looking at the wagon riders.
Yes, you WOULD want to look town, wouldn't you? Tell me, sir, how does somebody look third party, and just which third party am I? Which one would I have to be? Come on, you're some sort of expert on reading people and of logic and lots of crap.

I'm glad you pointed out what I so graciously have: They're following their leader. Well, not likely. Everyone's just following you becasue... I dunno. You're scum, really. It's kinda obvious. I mean, just look at your terribad reasoning for everything. You have since refused to defend yourself from me, posting one to two sentences about how I'm:
Not scum and not town
Which means I have to be something, right? I mean, there's only 6 different types of third parties--Survivor, Cult, Serial Killer, Jester, Lyncher, and Mafia-Ally--and the last one is pretty much mafia. I mean, you're just making things up on the SPOT. AND EVERYONE'S TOTALLY EATING IT UP.

So, just who exactly am I? Come on, you clearly have a depth of knowledge on THIRD PARTY TELLS. I mean, I just keep this whole library of knowledge in my head, and what do you know, somebody checked out my book on third party tells.

Let's hear it.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2010, 11:25:05 am »

Townies are open and honest.  Some players, by meta, are hard reads naturally, but beyond that, a townie is too busy looking for scum to worry about their image. 

You didn't have that at the start of the game.  You hid behind awkward commentary and jokes.  NOW I'm seeing you as aggressive and scumhunting, but that's half reactionary and half due to you believing I'm scum.  The shell is broken now, but it existed before and it existed for a reason. 

Simply put, You Are Hiding Something, and it's something big enough to make you want to hide it. 

However, you aren't flinging any other types of scumtells, and you ARE on the hunt.  When you finally broken, you broke honest and now your manner screams out "I'm not scum, dammit!"

Still, it took too long to break it.  That's why I don't just say "ok, you aren't scum" and walk away like normal.  It nags at me too much. Thus why you get the 'not town but not scum' mess. 

So what are you of the third parties?  No clue, though not cult since that's just a nonkilling scum anyway.  If you're the SK, you're a hard read because I can't spot it on you.  That leaves Survivor, Jester, or Lyncher unless Pandar decided to REALLY go off the wall and make something unique.

So why am I not sure which it is?  Because I have a lynch Ineed to plan, and none of those three types needs to be lynched.  I want scum dead, you aren't reading as scum, so I will not want you lynched today.  That's the heart and soul of it.

As for Nirur, I cry MEH to the Gambit.  "I didn't really mean to kill Webadict, I was just scumhunting."  is pretty easy for scum to pull if they don't mind being a little ballsy.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2010, 11:36:52 am »

Nah. You've been taking too long with your responses, as though you were thinking over what you were doing carefully.

Your stated reason for attacking me:
*blink* Diakron is on a mood stabilizer IRL? 

That might explain something.  Meh and double meh.  unvote diakron

Ok, let's KISS it then.  Nirur Torir, when this happened:

unVote Vector
'ote Nirur Torir
ALARUM ALARUM
[abbr="banned wagon" ->bandwagon]FORBIDDEN TROLLEY[/abbr]
I can see only one reason for this: To pressure me into pulling my vote of Webadict. You're not saying I'm scum because of my bandwagon. You're not using it as a step to question me with it.
Webadict seems like he's hiding something to me: my vote remains, for now.

Why do you want me to unvote Webadict?

Did you really try to discredit someone for finding an actual scumtell?  Yes, bandwagoning IS a scumtell and needs to be called out.  It's silly to mark it as just "wanting me to pull my vote" unless you are honestly saying that both Web and Cobalt are a scumteam.
AFTER I said that my bandwagon vote was a pressure vote.

Now you say you're voting me because of my "meh" efforts, which would be easy for scum to pull off.

I ask you: Why does that make me the scummiest person here, that you need to join the bandwagon on me, and feel no need to question others?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2010, 11:56:45 am »

Townies are open and honest.  Some players, by meta, are hard reads naturally, but beyond that, a townie is too busy looking for scum to worry about their image. 

You didn't have that at the start of the game.  You hid behind awkward commentary and jokes.  NOW I'm seeing you as aggressive and scumhunting, but that's half reactionary and half due to you believing I'm scum.  The shell is broken now, but it existed before and it existed for a reason. 
Townies are open and honest... right... Too busy... to worry about image... RIGHT!

Simply put, You Are Hiding Something, and it's something big enough to make you want to hide it. 

However, you aren't flinging any other types of scumtells, and you ARE on the hunt.  When you finally broken, you broke honest and now your manner screams out "I'm not scum, dammit!"
So... I'm hiding something, but I'm not scum? Sure, we can contradict ourselves all Day long, if you want.

Still, it took too long to break it.  That's why I don't just say "ok, you aren't scum" and walk away like normal.  It nags at me too much. Thus why you get the 'not town but not scum' mess. 
Yeah, some of us don't really like to roleclaim in some situations, ya know??? Your analysis is a mish-mash of crap and you're explanation is also crap. And yet you're the one that's saying image doesn't matter, but then why are you after Nirur Torir?!?

So what are you of the third parties?  No clue, though not cult since that's just a nonkilling scum anyway.  If you're the SK, you're a hard read because I can't spot it on you.  That leaves Survivor, Jester, or Lyncher unless Pandar decided to REALLY go off the wall and make something unique.
Right, because Jester makes sense when I'm close to being lynched. Riiiiiight...

So why am I not sure which it is?  Because I have a lynch Ineed to plan, and none of those three types needs to be lynched.  I want scum dead, you aren't reading as scum, so I will not want you lynched today.  That's the heart and soul of it.
No, you don't want me lynched because I'm willing to sacrifice my life to kill you. That's why. You were lurking until you could find a way out, and why not jump onto the guy that's applying pressure?

As for Nirur, I cry MEH to the Gambit.  "I didn't really mean to kill Webadict, I was just scumhunting."  is pretty easy for scum to pull if they don't mind being a little ballsy.
I'll repeat this:
Huh...

I guess that DOESN'T apply to Nirur Torir, does it, dakarian?

Or would you rather that the same applied to you. You're voting for Nirur Torir for the VERY SAME REASON that you voted for me. I mean, you even said that you won't THINK about it! You said "Meh" to that!

You're not trying!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46