Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46

Author Topic: iPick [d5] 4/13 alive - Game over, citizen. Town wins.  (Read 91482 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: iPick [d1] 13/13 alive - WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2010, 12:56:29 am »

Suspicions:

Web- not scum
Bayer- townish(aggressive)
Nirur- Bandwagoning, can't read
Leafy- Lurking
Cobalt- Activelurking
Dakarian- Can't read. Acting normal.
Diakron- Bandwagoning, wait for his response to Dak before read
Vector- Absent?
Mr. Person- Like before: sidelining. Cant read
Toony- Lurking

Unvote Mr. Person

For now, I want Leafsnail to get in here and find scum.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2010, 12:59:29 am »

Doing a wide scan as we speak.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2010, 01:28:26 am »

I pushed you to find out what you are.  That was the sum total of what I was after.  I finally found it.  I'm done with you for now.

No, I'm not going to admit you are town because I don't believe you are.  I also believe you aren't scum and will say that outright.  You don't have to worry about a death by me because I can't kill and even if I could I wouldn't aim at you even without knowing what you can do.

Now if you excuse me, I have actual scum to worry about.
Yeah, well, you can die now.

You clearly don't want to admit someone is town (Not even a likely or probably town, which is certainly acceptable), but you're totally against saying I'm ANYTHING. I mean, look at the amount of flip-flopping you've littered throughout that post. And you're just going to STEP BACK from me? Suck a lemon!

There's no WAY. If I'm not scum, what are you expecting me to be? Third Party?!? Yeah, why the heck not! Like saying that I'm not town but not scum makes the entire thing go away. Go shoot yourself! My God. This is blatantly ridiculous and offensively off-handish. Why don't you step on a puppy, fry it up, and serve it to me as steak?

It's like you completely ignored everything you did for the purpose of trying to escape this episode of terrible hunting. REALLY? REALLY????? When it comes to having your life threatened, suddenly the whole thing isn't worth it? Durr... but wait! I thought I wasn't Town, folks! I mean, dakarian refuses to admit it (This would be his second time saying as such), so then WHY OH WHY would you not lynch me if you know I'm not town?

It's just a melting pot of outrageous sayings! You are the random.org of excuse-making!

WHY BACK DOWN NOW?!?!? Go suck a lemon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2010, 02:50:33 am »

All right, here's my analysis.

01. Webadict - Some sort of third party, OR scum.  Watch this man.

Spoiler: Tells (click to show/hide)

02. Leafsnail - Town, I think, but mildly lurky.

Now, I'd like to know - why ask me to express views on something when you yourself have said nothing, not even aknowledging the issue?

This is a good point, but Leafsnail's been on the mildly lurky side.  Just noting it...

03. SirBayer - Town.

Well, if you insist, but I have an awful hard time choosing scumteams, since I really never end up on them, and I've never really experienced any success on them.

[...]

No, not so much. Only scum are afraid to answer questions, and I'm not scum.

1. You never had so much trouble answering that question before.  Additional: that previous weird trippy post you made makes you seem nervous, and I feel like you're trying to precondition us into thinking you're town.

2. Once again, telling rather than showing.

04. Mr.Person - Probably town.

WEBADICT, I AM VOTING YOU FOR A BULLSHIT REASON FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS

1. GETTING THE CONVERSATION GOING.
2. SEEING HOW YOU REACT TO GETTING VOTED

This is weak.  You're explaining your lack of reasoning, which is scummy and looks like you're trying to cover your ass.

I'd want no scumbuddies. I'd rather be in a cult of some sort.

[...]

Why didn't you ask him "Why are you taking such a multi-sided stance?"

Which, btw, I am now asking Webadict. Why are you taking such a multi-sided stance? By that, I mean, why are you saying the possibilities? What purpose does it serve?

Ignoring/improperly answering question = scummy.

I don't do the RVS well. I also lack suspicions, which means I have to go ask some questions. I don't have any right now, nor do I have the time to make some right now, so I'll be back a teensy bit later with some hard questions.

Where are they?  I think this qualifies as "a teensy bit later."

05. Diakron - SCUM.

06. Dakarian - Town.  I don't think he'd take the risk of looking scummy like this as scum, especially if he has the choice to look 100% town (which he does).  WIFOM is one thing, but this is a chance to bag Webadict that he's giving up on.

07. Jokerman-EXE - Noobscum.

So it is, Eduren. So it is.

OMGUS and completely null RVS-vote.  Scum.

So it is, Eduren. So it is.
Whats this?
I think that's called a random vote. I'm still new though. :P

Maybe I can actually live long enough to learn something, this game.

Playing noob.  You may be a newbie, but I get the distinct feeling that you're sidelining and intentionally lurking (you were one of the more active players in Boot Camp, and you've hardly posted here save random scummy crapola).

^ This is the sum total of his posts over the last three days.  He's scum.

08. Nirur Torir - Town.

Just one person? Probably Vector, for the learning experience and the skill.
I'm trying to improve my natural lurker tendencies, and I think only playing one game at a time will help. If I can get over my strange fear of attacking players I perceive as being noticably more skilled then myself. Unvote.

Eduran. How do you intend to find scum if you don't apply psychological pressure?

Scum-Nirur Torir has absolutely no reason to go for getting over his fear of attacking experienced players right now; he could use it as an excuse to pick off weaklings.  Additionally, he's scumhunting rather harder than he usually does as scum, and actually notes that he's a lurker (i.e. he has flaws that might be construed as scummy).  Looks like he either got a lot better at scum recently or he's town.

09. Eduren - Town.

Jokerman. This is your second game, no?

This is a weak and stupid question that will get you nowhere.  Try harder to push people.

Hrmm. What exactly is the favorite scumteam question supposed to reveal?

Does Toony want to bring some real accusations?

You're being passive, but on the other hand I think you'd push a lot harder as scum (and be a bit more lurky, less helpful, and so on).  I also don't see anyone asking that question as scum--you'd just attack and be done with it.  Sure, WIFOM, whatever.  It's my guess, and my guess is all I can give.

Eduran: the intent of the question isn't the problem. The delivery is the problem. Compare:
Does Toony want to bring some real accusations?

To:
ToonyMan, you keep talking, yet have said nothing. Stop active-lurking and scumhunt, you slime covered lump of mold. Either explain why you would prefer to ally with Pandarsenic and Vector, and then start scumhunting, or your filth will be purged from this game in the cleansing fires of a lynch.
'Twas implied my good man.

This is scummish, but on the other hand I've seen you pull this sort of thing as town over and over and over again (BM1 being the first example of such).  It's poor play, but it sounds like town-you (just noting a quirk, not an insult).

10. ToonyMan - Scum.  Keep an eye on him.

11. tehstefan - Town

12. Vector - Town.

13. CobaltKobold - a bit lurky.  Probably town.

Hi there, tehstefan.  I hear you were involved in some kind of Gangsta Party?

Leafsnail why do you know more than I?
I am, apparently, better at taking inferences from rules.
I don't believe you. Die, scum! To the electric chair with you!

Looks like an attempt to keep on Leafsnail--a joke statement that's "free" and let's her keep lurking/active-lurking.  This is somewhat par for the course, however.

My known roles are Casualty Prediction and Jirō Minami.  I suggest a mass known-role claim early on in an effort to figure out what's going on.  For now, though...

Since this sort of move is especially dangerous later in the game, and I estimate my probability of being lynched as very low, and especially because I have no time (and I believe I've found the scumteam):

Panda: Asteroid Jokerman-EXE
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2010, 02:51:30 am »

Sorry, forgot to say: Tehstefan is noobtown, I think.  I'm not really sure about him.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2010, 03:03:07 am »

Asteroid him?

If you mean prod you should've told me earlier, he was on AIM. -.-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2010, 03:12:24 am »

Oy, Pandarsenic. How many mafia? How many scum? What alignments are allowed? Are any right out?

Please provide answers to as many of these as possible.
And tell me if you're not going to answer them. :|

I'd guess four mafiosos if it's two factions, simply because that's three mislynches.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2010, 03:46:05 am »

Vector: Your list ain't got a nickle's worth of useful information. And here I thought it'd be at least somewhat useful. You've got all the wrong suspects right now, and it's going to kill you later, unless I do this:

dakarian is scum. I will PERSONALLY lay down my life for lynching tomorrow if I'm wrong. Lynch him today, and you will lynch a scum.

You got me right. If dakarian is NOT scum, I will allow myself to be lynched tomorrow. Okay? Because I know I'm right and I will kill him one way or another. If this is the only way, I'll do it. I don't mess around. You got that? I DON'T MESS AROUND. I'm going to cut his face off. I'm going to kill him. He's scum! I know it. I KNOW IT.

There's only one way to prove it though, and that's killing dakarian right now, right here. I don't care how he dies, but I want him dead.

We'll see how you fair, Vector. We'll see.

And Extension, since the Day ends tomorrow, likely while I'm away or something. And clearly because no one will listen to me or unvote me.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2010, 04:21:12 am »

Vector: Why no vote? You obviously have ideas who the scum are.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2010, 06:51:41 am »

Oy, Pandarsenic. How many mafia? How many scum? What alignments are allowed? Are any right out?

Please provide answers to as many of these as possible.
And tell me if you're not going to answer them. :|

I'd guess four mafiosos if it's two factions, simply because that's three mislynches.

Sorry, missed that.

3 mafia members, no comment, no comment, no comment.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2010, 06:56:23 am »

The Vote Count, if you know what I mean.
Leafsnail [1]: Eduren
tehstefan [None]:
Jokerman-EXE [None]:
webadict [4]: ToonyMan, SirBayer, Nirur Torir, Diakron
Eduren [1]: Jokerman-EXE
ToonyMan[None]:
Dakarian [1]: webadict
Nirur Torir [1]: CobalKobold
SirBayer [1]: Vector
Mr.Person [None]:
CobaltKobold [None]:
Diakron [2]: Leafsnail, Dakarian
Vector [None]:
13 alive, 7 to hammer

1 Extension request noted. Deadline moved to 11 PM Pacific Time Tuesday (6 hours).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2010, 08:53:56 am »

Because he has no idea who scum are. Or perhaps he does, but doesn't really care to vote for them.

Anyhow, I'm going to be lurked to death.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2010, 08:59:18 am »

Vector, I don't see how a mass fake-role claim will help. The most likely result I see is the scum seeing a pattern, and noticing which roles aren't claimed, allowing them a higher chance of fake claiming.

Unvote Webadict, based on Dakairon's and Vector's assessment. My bandwagon was merely a pressure vote on you until they responded.

Vote Dakarian. Your certainty is a compelling argument.

Extension for Webadict.

CK, I still want an answer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2010, 10:48:55 am »

I... made a mistake :I  You'll understand later.

Anyway, Jokerman-EXE.  Get in here and die, scumbucket.

Vector: Your list ain't got a nickle's worth of useful information. And here I thought it'd be at least somewhat useful. You've got all the wrong suspects right now, and it's going to kill you later, unless I do this:

dakarian is scum. I will PERSONALLY lay down my life for lynching tomorrow if I'm wrong. Lynch him today, and you will lynch a scum.

You got me right. If dakarian is NOT scum, I will allow myself to be lynched tomorrow. Okay? Because I know I'm right and I will kill him one way or another. If this is the only way, I'll do it. I don't mess around. You got that? I DON'T MESS AROUND. I'm going to cut his face off. I'm going to kill him. He's scum! I know it. I KNOW IT.

There's only one way to prove it though, and that's killing dakarian right now, right here. I don't care how he dies, but I want him dead.

We'll see how you fair, Vector. We'll see.

And Extension, since the Day ends tomorrow, likely while I'm away or something. And clearly because no one will listen to me or unvote me.

What--unhappy I didn't go "Oh hay, Webadict is Town ;D" like I usually do?  Sorry.  If Dakarian's being scummy, I can't see him doing it.

Also, what the hell is this shit:

You've got all the wrong suspects right now, and it's going to kill you later, unless I do this:

Oooooookay.  Big bloody deal.  Why do you think I'd care?

Because he has no idea who scum are. Or perhaps he does, but doesn't really care to vote for them.

Incorrect on multiple fronts.  I was pretty much too tired last night to remember to vote--I crawled into bed thinking "Jeesh, I should have voted.  Bad." 

The other part where you're wrong is the part where, just because you don't like my opinions, I'M SUDDENLY A DUDE AGAIN?  Seriously, doodabuddy.  You're acting... funkalicious.

Vector, I don't see how a mass fake-role claim will help. The most likely result I see is the scum seeing a pattern, and noticing which roles aren't claimed, allowing them a higher chance of fake claiming.

No, you're right.  Sorry about that; I forgot they could share information ;_;

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2010, 10:55:41 am »

Asteroid him?

No, I didn't make a mistake.  You made a mistake.  So let's rethink what I might have meant, and then let's do that thing.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46