Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Jack's mind. "Panopticum".  (Read 15172 times)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's mind. "Panopticum".
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2010, 03:06:50 pm »

I like it too. If we use this tree, I would suggest trying to work towards "dominate" to be guaranteed to keep Anna, but something tells me we have more important problems than that.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2010, 03:09:48 pm »

In any case, I'm leaning towards Strong Will with this tree, or Cautious if it's still too early for Strong Will.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2010, 03:10:31 pm »

The problem with "psychic" abilities that you don't just "level" them, because there's no XP defined.

Feats are some kind of "awards", granted for important actions. It should be obvious that if you defeat another lurker after examining this one, it won't give you a feat. This case was special because it's your first encounter with an "enemy" and it was not planned by master (and you succeeded to "win" it, altough you had a nice "meatshield" friend to cover you).

Thus, supernatural abilities won't be granted until enough advancement has been made, and you may want to change them when you understand what's going on and how it works.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2010, 03:29:26 pm »

Let me butcher the tree a bit. I've made some changes which I feel appropriate and added levels. Basically any ability of lvl 2 requires any ability of level 1.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2010, 03:31:50 pm »

The double headshot (headstab? headslash?) is an indication that Jack has learned to wield his knife a bit better, so I'd go for 'dextrous'. Or we could say we attacked directly after a sprint, so learning spring attack would be reasonable as well.

I take it the red skills require specific knowledge or psychic stuff?
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2010, 03:35:38 pm »

Yep they are too unnatural for my taste, you would need something specific (and probably not very healthy) to obtain such level of power.

Note that +2 dmg is already 3 dmg = you can tear a Lurker's arm from its body. Thus something that allows you to tear dogs in half with your hands should be really supernatural... and probably hideous. I wouldn't go for scythe-arms and tentacle tongues, at least if I had a choice not to.

Other news: you can skip a feat if you want. Sometimes it may be better, but you decide.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:37:18 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2010, 04:21:13 pm »

I would like to take the police officer if nobody else takes him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2010, 04:25:10 pm »

I am waiting for Haka to say whether or not she whats him, but if she does not than I kinda want him.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »

Personally, I vote for the Dexterous feat or the Keen Senses feat. Then again, I generally favor agile characters over strong ones, so I'm slightly biased. 

Anyway, I drew up some skill trees for people who got confused with the massive wall-of-text.
Spoiler: Speed (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Power (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mind (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alertness (click to show/hide)

Blue feats are passive abilities, which are always active.
Green feats are techniques which must be activated or used.
Purple feats are 'modes' which can be activated to turn on or off. When on, they act like a passive feat. When off, they do nothing.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2010, 04:53:10 pm »

Great work, RNG. I say thanks!

My original intent is to build a world with this adventure, and then use it for group RPGs. Meanwhile I build my own simple system because I would like the game to has simple mechanics which do not distract from the events too much (but allow some powergaming and interesting "builds").

Your work helps a lot.

Also I see you've added Jack in the Gray. Good find.

I also see that you've added some "learning" bonus... What is it?
Currently Insight is an ability to see through the things around you, i.e. to break an illusion or to determine an origin of an object. What is this learning?

I am waiting for Haka to say whether or not she whats him, but if she does not than I kinda want him.
Who is "Haka"?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:57:33 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2010, 04:56:24 pm »

Haika!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2010, 04:57:22 pm »

Haka... I don't know, I meant Grek. No idea how I got Haka.

Haika!
Yes that is her, I don't know how I confused them.

Edit: Yes I do know, the are both forum goers here and Haika runs awesome games and Grek is running a Dnd game that I am in, which is awesome. Therefor their close awesome level and the fact that there personality's seem somewhat alike (to me, in some ways) I mixed them up, very embarrassing.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 05:01:06 pm by Criptfeind »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »

I didn't know Grek is a girl. Thank you, now I can avoid unnecessary confusion. Anyway, it looks like we're in some sort of "pause" right now, considering feats and riding officer like a mecha ... ehh, I read other adventures too much. I meant and assigning ownership over the officer Igor.

You can use this pause to relax and to plan further actions, I will use this pause to build a further story background, because it went in a bit different direction.

Also I like where it goes, so we can consider it the beginning of the Chapter 1, with real enemies met et cetera. Also the idea of a few companions sounds nice. I planned it as a lonely thriller game which strains your nerves, but now I think that it could become boring, and some teamwork would add interest.

Just imagine that you've escaped Jack's head and now you're Igor, Cryptfeind, hehe. Later I will consider this possibility and add other allies. This can lead to an interesting story. Also it gives me an ability to kill players without finishing the game at once. >:-)

I would like to take the police officer if nobody else takes him.

I see you want a character. OK, I will give the group a chance to pick up another person right in the beginning of the next chapter. Try to influence Jack to do right things to retrieve him, though :). Also you should know about the existance of this character already if you read the prologue carefully.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 05:08:36 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2010, 05:05:59 pm »

I think they both are male... I just mix up Haika a lot, because she had a female avatar the first time I saw her him it. Sorry Haika. Grek is male I think.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2010, 05:06:24 pm »

Later I will consider this possibility and add other allies.

I call the next guy.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17