Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40D11 Pool of blood seems to stop a wall from bieng constructed on it.  (Read 716 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried looking in the official bug list and found nothing relating to it and I would have done a search, but I have no idea what to look for.

A bit of a backstory, I have my dwarves on speed 0 clearing out a large pile of stone, I had already made a wall in the area and an elk kept scaring the dwarves as it tried to get out. I made them pause the dumping so that it would have a chance, but after I started the dumping, it just went backwards. So, out of a bit of frustration, I went and set the elk to [BOILING_POINT:10000], resulting in a pool of blood next to the wall.

Some time later, I decided to expand the wall width a bit and found that when I tried to build on that spot, the dwarf would just be 'stuck' on the task (not stuck as in really stuck, just kept doing it over and over) while others did the rest of the wall sections at normal speed. I put a bit of flooring over it, removed that, then tried to put the wall in again, same thing, channeled the spot, still not working. Had to task manager it out, lost a few ingame weeks of play, but no big deal.

This time, I'll wait until the season change clears it out, should work then.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

It's possible the game has gotten itself confused and thinks that there's still a creature occupying the tile - in one of my earlier forts, I had a door that would never close, and every dwarf that walked through it would go prone. Eventually, I ran dtil and manually cleared the "creature present" flag for the tile, at which point it started working normally again.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does dtil work with Mayday graphics pack that is using 40D11?

Anyways, I'm on the 20th of Obsidian, so not too long before the season change hits. If that doesn't do it, then maybe I'll try dtil.

The only similar case I've had was a fort a long time ago which had a few spots have creature occupying tile when there was no 'creature' on it and wouldn't get anything built there. That save eventually bugged out from something else and became unplayable.

Edit: Just looked at the Dtil thread and its only for 40D unmodded, not even graphics packs. Unless there is another Dtil-like program I can use.

Edit: Nope, change of season didn't do anything, checked with a recruited dwarf standing on the spot and they didn't go prone. Going to try an artificial cavein, its the only thing I can think of atm.

EDIT: The artificial cavein did the trick! :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:27:14 pm by smjjames »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Are you playing on a reclaimed site?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, still origional embark.