Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34507 times)

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2010, 02:47:47 pm »

I'm an electronic instrument that utilizes nobles to make complex waveforms that can be combined into countless sonic variations through various waveform synthesis techniques?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2010, 02:58:29 pm »

Ya know what? Instead of magma, each nobles room will be lined with holes in the floor. Spikey holes.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »

Sounds like the entire fortress is going to be a death trap by the time its nearing completion. I guess I didn't help keep that from happening by immedietly building a magma dump zone.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:30:47 pm by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2010, 03:44:13 pm »

I saw that, what is it for? Can't we just have normal (quantum) dumps?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2010, 03:53:09 pm »

D= Then make one. I like dumping into magma since it destroys the items instead of having thousands of items stacked into one square.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:30:42 pm by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2010, 04:35:21 pm »

Dumping stones in magma? i understand that you want to dump nobles,goblinite or cats but stone?
use the Quantum stockpile to your advantage and put it RIGHT on the mason workshops and dont forget to reclaim it. Your mason can level up in a few days without moving a scratch(expect eating and sleeping), i do this. Its really usefull, but yeah it takes some dwarves to clean up the stone.
BUT ITS DAMN WORTH IT!

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2010, 05:35:11 pm »

how do you make a quantum stockpile again?

also, for something big, I had an epic idea for a magma/drowning trap outside our door, but it's not lookin good with no bauxite or glass...
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2010, 08:33:15 pm »

A quantum stockpile is just a 1x1 channeled hole that you set as a dump. An infinite amount of stone can be piled into that spot if you go and mark all your stone as dump. It's pretty handy for cleaning up around your place and having all the stone close to your masons shops.

Also. I believe I have completed my fortress. I'm bored of it since all my miners killed themselves by caving in an area in the tower I was channeling out. If anyone wants to see it here's the link. http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8219-ringedburns make sure you click the points of interest on the left side.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:13:41 pm by Set_Beadra »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2010, 12:39:26 pm »

Where's everyone at? Any new updates on the fortress yet?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:12:18 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2010, 12:40:06 pm »

I didn't play last night. I will play again tonight :D

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2010, 12:40:47 pm »

Alrighty. I look forward to the update so we can get to the next person. =)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:12:14 am by Set_Beadra »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2010, 01:01:16 pm »

Ah... Insanity does work. After a third attempt at the same thing. (Downloading mike maydays 40d18 from his site) with a little tweaking I managed to get it to work except for the annoying no using alt + arrow key to scroll through menus. Though now neither dwarf manager or dwarf therapist will work with it. Where did I go wrong T_T?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:12:12 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2010, 01:12:40 pm »

Try using the keybind menu to change it to something without ALT.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »

Dwarf Manager and Dwarf Therapist work with his d18 conversion, but things like visual fortress and Dwarf Companion do not.  However, they don't work on the vanilla d19 either, so I'm thinking it's just 'cause they haven't been updated.  I haven't tried Dwarf Therapist on vanilla d19, but I think it's the same story, it hasn't been updated to work with it. 
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2010, 12:54:38 am »

sooo...whose turn is it again?
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28