Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34505 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2010, 04:10:59 am »

hmmmm , old and exprienced player here , this is a succession game for beginners , not die-hard professional players , so you might want to try and make life easier for others

unless you really want to screw up the entire fortress just because a newbie could not survive a siege , then try NOT to kill people

also , can i hop in? i know i am professional , but hey , what succession fortress is going to survive without a professional checking on it?

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2010, 04:48:48 am »

but LOOSING IS FUN :D
nah, i'm sure there's room.  hey, how's our glass industry doing?  do we have any bauxite? I has an ebil idea

also MHMMPH MM MPH!
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2010, 09:27:40 am »

Theres no sand so glass is probably not going to happen. I don't know about bauxite and sure you can join spy. I think we would be just fine and losing is pretty much the definition of dwarf fortress. The area is easy and with a small field of traps and a few champions we could probably survive. Heres the updated list, I'll update the one on page one as well.

1. Set (Completed)
2. DarkChasm(Completed)
3. Quinnr(Current)
4. Jetsquirrel
5. Banana
6. Caz
7. Trigonous
8. Phil_Z
9. Ze Spy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:52:23 am by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2010, 10:08:24 am »

I got an anvil and made a workshop from it with magma so the metal industry is good to go at any time now, I also build a tower outside for furutre marksdwarves to practice on those goblin fools.

I recommend building something awesome soon to make this fort stand out, I dunno though since this is for beginners and that could be quite difficult.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2010, 10:10:52 am »

Lets leave stuff like that up to the player currently playing. Anything to increase the size of ones e-penis is welcomed though. It is a game afterall and you play it how you play it. Which is the point of a succession game, a clash of ideas and playstyles is what makes it fun.

EDIT: BTW DarkChasm, do you mind sending me your Dwarf Fortress folder without your saves. I can't get the updated version of mike maydays tile set to work. I think I am doing something wrong when I put it into my DF. May I see if yours will run correctly on my machine since yours obviously works.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:52:34 am by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2010, 01:31:08 pm »

I just use his conversion of d18, as it comes pre-packaged from his site.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2010, 01:38:00 pm »

Hmmm.... "Set_Bedra" is our main miner, yet she is the broker/mayor/job manager too. She is overloaded with work :D

I just finished the first noble room when the sheiff became Captain of the Guard. Now I have to upgrade his room more.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:15 pm »

That was the first thing I tried. It is so messed up and I can't get anything to work properly with it. When I try to scroll through menu's that require ALT + arrowkey it doesn't work. I guess I can make a third try at the same thing and hope for different results but thats also the definition of insanity >_<.... Though, this IS dwarf fortress.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:59:34 pm by Set_Beadra »

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2010, 01:45:05 pm »

With that build I just use +, -, and the arrow keys to scroll through menus.  Usually it's just +/-.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2010, 02:33:47 pm »

Any free spots left?

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2010, 02:34:27 pm »

You get the last one ;)

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2010, 02:36:35 pm »

Yay; so is there a whole "let's play"-esque description of what happened during our turn or do we just pass on the save?

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2010, 02:39:47 pm »

Usually you do a journal of your exploits from the perspective of a dwarf you choose to be your avatar, but it's up to each person whether they want to do that.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »

And unless someone drops out! The final order.
1. Set (Completed)
2. DarkChasm(Completed)
3. Quinnr(Current)
4. Jetsquirrel
5. Banana
6. Caz
7. Trigonous
8. Phil_Z
9. Ze Spy
10. Put
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:59:29 pm by Set_Beadra »

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »

dammit, I hope your not a noble synphasizer.

Meh, I wonder if I'll do anything useful as a marksdwarf...?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28