Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34483 times)

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2010, 05:35:55 am »

Alrighty. I updated the first post with the current order and JetSquirrel its all yours.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:04:01 am by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2010, 01:33:29 pm »

soooooo....is there room for me?
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2010, 02:35:04 pm »

Of course. =) I'll add you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:04:06 am by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2010, 03:27:10 pm »

ehm..... shit
i cant play today its very late now and i cant play tommorow due to some important stuff to do.
so can i be switched with the next person? or play in 2 days?

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2010, 04:14:09 pm »

Sure I'll switch you with the next person. =) Quinnr your up.

1. Set (Completed)
2. DarkChasm(Completed)
3. Quinnr(Current) Respond within 48 hours or its on to the next.
4. Jetsquirrel
5. Banana
6. Caz
7. Trigonous
8. Phil_Z
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:04:20 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2010, 05:24:09 pm »

Sure...I'll start tonight.

How long do I ahve?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2010, 05:56:21 pm »

At max, a week. Though an update every 2 days would be very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:04:37 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2010, 06:17:40 pm »

Can do!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2010, 08:31:01 pm »

So more learning while we wait. =P I have a pretty big fortress now that's easily self sufficient and the goblins that are attacking are really easy now, they usually start running away when 5 of their 30-40 die to my spike traps at the entrance. Is there a way to make sieges appear more often or be a little tougher now? Even two megabeasts have been defeated with very little effort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:04:40 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2010, 11:10:52 pm »

I thought there was a way to mod seiges to be more often, but I forgot.

It's relatively easy to mod goblins to be killing machines though, if you like. Simply adding
[trAPAVOID] would make it difficult :D

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2010, 12:07:17 am »

Those lazy Dwarves! Now that it is my turn to reign supreme over the dwarves of  "Weightknives", they will never stop working. (Except when they party.)

Some dwarves left rock ALL OVER! I have ordered it to be sent to the dump. I have also instated myself as the Sheriff, and have begun work on the Noble Annex. It will be a wonderful place, forbidden to all other dwarves but the Royal Family and I. It is not much now, but it will be covered in gold by the time I am done with it!

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2010, 01:11:38 am »

Of course. =) I'll add you.

yaaaaaaaaaay.  so what have we got so far? I see magma smelters, dining room, noble quarters strategically placed by lava for warmth...I'm assuming farms and stuff are up...
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2010, 01:53:20 am »

I had built magma smelters during my turn and yes I started a farm and moved everything indoors. Has anyone got a anvil yet from a trader so that metal can be forged into useful junk?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:06:32 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 01:59:11 am »

We don't have a forge?

We have a magma forge, and 3 smelters, and a glass smelter.
I put the Nobles room right next to the "fun" magma. I haven't really done much so far at all...

The stupid hypocrite elves got angry at me...the drowning chamber shall be prepared.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2010, 03:11:44 am »

screw the drowning chamber.  put em in an outdoor pit, let some trees grow, then magma em so they have to watch thier precious forest BURN WITH THEM AHAHAHHA HA
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28