Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34451 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #375 on: April 19, 2010, 08:10:45 am »

Walking through the hallways that morning, Burnt noticed how the Dwarves nearby seemed to be looking at her, and whispering. Eventually, one of them, Ducim Urdimzon, the dwarf responsible for the creation of Zaledmingtuthkastaz, approached her, and prostrated himself on the ground before her. His words were somewhat muffled by the floor, but from what she could hear, Burnt concluded that every Dwarf in the fortress had been sent the same dream, but with them it came with a warning; those who disobeyed the dream and its' vessel would feel the wrath of the afterlife.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 19, 2010, 09:36:02 am »

Vucar Ardessazir, the fort's "Special" dwarf, who doubled up as a dream oracle, offered the best explanation Burnt could find. He said the dream was sent by the god Zukthist, who, angered by the Dwarves trading with elves, and seeming inability to use magma effectively, wished them to create a great Magma Cannon, to show the world that Dwarven Engineering was still a great and noble endeavor, and that they were also to strive to reduce casualties from the construction, which struck Burnt as downright undwarvenly.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 19, 2010, 03:11:28 pm »

Cool story, bro.
Derp.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 19, 2010, 03:30:52 pm »

I'm not even chronicling actual events yet.

Also, this is my first magma cannon, and I've not noticed any Bauxite. We got any, or am I going to have to get smart with water or something to stop it?

And I never can tell when people say 'Cool story, Bro' if they're being sarcastic or not.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 19, 2010, 05:43:42 pm »

In this case, I was not.
Derp.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2010, 03:57:34 pm »

yay!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2010, 03:58:17 pm »

That's enough scene setting for me, time for a spot of Journal Writery.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 20, 2010, 04:07:22 pm »

Observe, as I triple post! It's not like I couldn't have just edited the first post! Mwahaha!

The Journal and Observances of Burnt Kinrigoth, Honoured Prophet of Zukthist.
2nd Granite, 56.
It's been decided! My appearance in the Dream (as it was eventually decided that dwarf looked a lot like me, but older.), coupled with my complete lack of knowledge about Dwarven Engineering is what is required to complete the Cannon for the glory of the Gods and the Dwarves!

Also, today, while I was watching Slayer, our elite Marksdwarf train, I saw a dwarf run up to him and snatch the crossbow out of his hands! It was a shoddy thing, though, and he seemed glad to see it going. He's picked up the shiny Iron one the Metalsmith made, and it's much prettier.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 20, 2010, 04:15:16 pm »

12th Granite, 56

We dug a small staircase under the wall blocking off the magma pipe today. Then the Marksdwarves went in there, and made us some rather nice new corpses. I'd send someone in to fetch them, but Fire Imps are apparently not very tasty.

After watching the Imps become Boltcushions, Goblins ambushed a cow. poor thing. didn't even have time to cry out before becoming a Boltcushion itself! Our loyal military laughed off the Goblin ambush with only one casualty, Urvad Kolfoker, one of the marksdwarves, who was struck in the hand by a bolt. The Axedwarves avenged his broken hand, however, by ripping apart five of the six ambushers in a few strokes. That was fun to watch!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 20, 2010, 05:33:04 pm »

13th Granite, 56

Well, turns out the other 3 Ambush parties were just lying in wait, trying to sneak up on us. damn near worked too. We owe it to those elves, though. if they hadn't blundered through the battlefield, we might have lost more than we did. as it happens, we've got a few people with bolts stuck in them, and one of our miners managed to get himself killed (I tell the stupid git to stay inside. does he? No Chance!)

Oh well. I've ordered the construction of a few Iron Corkscrews, to shift our Magma. I'll also need to devise a Water Tower, so I can stop the Magma Cannon once it's started.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2010, 06:15:02 pm »

14th Slate, 56
We've got a Dungeon Master! Now all we need to do is choose characters, and this campaign will be off!

I'm not sure what that means. It just came to me, like the dreams. Nontheless, we do have a Dungeon Master, and he seems to be raring to go. I just hope he likes poorly constructed Magma Traps in his Dungeons.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2010, 06:21:37 pm »

16th Slate, 56

Well, most of the immigrants seem to be inside now. Population is at 71, which means next immigration wave will probably bring us to a large enough population to attract some roving Goblin armies.

I'm Nervous.

Also, Slayer has decided that when he's on duty, he will stand in the refuse stockpile, and ignore orders to go elsewhere. I'm not sure why. maybe he's mourning the his old Crossbow, which was stored there prior to melting.

Poor Guy.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2010, 06:26:41 pm »

17th Slate, 56

They... They're still coming! We're at 80 immigrants, and I can't tell if there are any more! We're sure to attract unwanted attention now, and I wouldn't trust our military to take on a full siege! They have enough trouble with ambushes! I wish people would hurry up with making those Pumps. The Magma Cannon will be a welcome addition to our arsenal.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2010, 09:16:49 am »

Thank god for the long hallway with its infinite possibilities for traps
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2010, 05:38:16 am »

So I guess this is the last day?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28