Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34438 times)

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2010, 08:58:17 pm »

Dusty's Final Entry?
-1st Timber-
Considering that most of our military is both injured and ranged, I've begun training the new peasants as axedwarves, the most Dwarvenly soldier there is.
-2nd Timber-
Buh? One of the new woodworkers was just possessed. Spooky... but very nice, as he claimed a bowyer's workshop! Incoming death machine!
-7th Timber-
One of our valiant original recruits has died of his wounds. How sad.
-8th Timber-
His work has begun, using a lobster shell, turtle shell, two gems, and some wood. Sounds expensive.
-12th Timber-
He made Silosir, a wooden... bow. Great. At least it's worth 42,000.
-16th Timber-
At long last, little Onul has become all growed up. He's going to be very useful as a generic worker dude... thing.
-16th Moonstone-
Blast, an ambush of 6! 4 wrestlers, one crossbow, and one mace. There's probably another. Time for the soldiers to do their duty! But it was too late for a craftsdwarf, who served as an advance scout.
-20th Moonstone-
Hurk.. another one... wait, ANOTHER? A total of three at once... to our 5-ish soldiers?
-22nd Moonstone-
This doesn't look good, there's 10 left to our 2 or 3 intact warriors... dirty cowards.
-24th Moonstone-
Things are cooling off. We lost 2 crossbowmen, but most of the gobbos seem to have fled. They're becoming more numerous, and we simply have too little manpower. We need a second line of defense: traps. More traps than the piddly 5 or 6 we have now.
-6th Opal-
The broker just gave birth to a girl. Good, we'll eventually have another usful dwarf, if we survive.
-27th Opal-
No! It can't be!  Olon fell into the river, trying to hunt the terrifying Carp. Now she'll drown for sure, since we've no true miners... tis a sad day for the fortress, for she had 5 goblin kills and 1 Dwarf Kill (Slayer, in this case).
-1st Obsidian-
Gah! A muskox has just killed a new hunter. He is now known as "Gemcloak". In addition, my term as leader is finally coming to a close, and a new dwarf will lead Weightknives to glory or death.
-3rd Obsidian-
Ha ha! The slaugher of the animals is complete. We've no longer a massive number of useless beasts roaming the halls!
-15th Obsidian-
As Olon has drowned, I have assigned Put as the new Sheriff in town.
-1st Granite-
Alright, this is where my turn ends.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:09:16 pm by Dustylou2 »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 11, 2010, 09:00:59 pm »

Cool. Lets get this moving onto the next person soon please. You're time is very nearly up dusty.
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 11, 2010, 11:19:01 pm »

When you say "the broker" do you mean me?
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 11, 2010, 11:37:07 pm »

Here is the save file: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2069

Our food and drink are stable, as are the dwarves' emotions. Unfortunately, the goblin attacks are growing fierce and common, and I worry about our defenses. I also added several more hotkeys than were there before.
When you say "the broker" do you mean me?
Unfortunately, no. You actually died earlier in the year, the report of which was eaten by the website. This is a completely different dwarf than you, I'm afraid.

By the way Beadra, who's up next?

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:34 am »

*whistles cheerfully as he beats people and stuffs them into cages.*

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2010, 05:18:08 am »

Downloading the file now!
Derp.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2010, 05:53:54 am »

1st Granite
My first day here, I hope the next year will run as smoothly as expected, I've assigned Lorbam to do most administrative jobs. Then I noticed the dwarfs here had a lot of communal areas, I plan to change this to bring the living standard of each dwarf up to par.
4th Granite
When I wanted to inspect water supplies and exterior infrastructure, I noticed some security hazards and that water was far from the fortress, next on my list is sealing the fort but for one entrance and bringing water closer to our fortress.
10th Granite
Some elves have arrived to trade with us.
13th Granite
I have embarrassingly found the to be dug sleeping quarters when the chief miner asked me:"So why did you have us dig more rooms upstairs?" I told him:"I gave no such order, cancel it immediately!", I could not look him in the eye...
1st Slate
Zon Dakosttomen  Armorer has burned to death.
I'm going to get some sleep to emotionally recover from the death of my good friend, when I wake up I'll appoint a replacement.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:47:21 am by Slayer »
Derp.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:56 am »

Oh you mean the Massive Unaesthetic Spiral of Communal Lodgings Etc.?

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2010, 06:43:27 am »

Oh you mean the Massive Unaesthetic Spiral of Communal Lodgings Etc.?
Ye, and why is it a spiral? the dwarf on the end of the spiral will probably never get any work done, unless it's a noble...
Derp.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 12, 2010, 07:05:41 am »

Set, can you update the list?

I also think that if it gets to me we will all die, nevermind
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 12, 2010, 07:21:59 am »

I dunno, I was just messing about, feel free to alter any of the designs (unless it's all dug out already) and stuff, you know.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 12, 2010, 12:17:43 pm »

1st Slate
Waking up in this fortress gives me the chills, it is as if the dead still linger about. Anyway, back to work slaves! Err... dwarfs...
2nd Slate
MUSCLE plan has been reviewed and altered as such:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, fire broke out in the fortress, a dead imp seems to have been the cause of this (presumably while still amongst the living).
13th Slate
Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger. 18 in total, raising our population to 59!
23rd Slate
Back to bed again after 3 weeks of pointing and yelling at dwarfs.
Derp.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 12, 2010, 02:20:37 pm »

Yeah that looks more reasonable >_>

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:59 pm »

23rd Slate
Just woke up, I've decided that it's time to furnish the MUSCLE-rooms that have already been dug out.
6th Felsite
After some of the new migrants picked up some cursed copper picks (I told them it was fine) digging went faster than ever! MUSCLE is looking to be dug out within this month.
10th Hematite
Human trade caravan arrives, let's hope for them they brought what I need...
16th Hematite
I ordered the weapons the goblins left to be made into traps. Trading with the humans went smoothly. They gave me some fruit in exchange for three gems.
14th Galena
A weapon smith has begun to forge something, but when I asked him what he was doing I couldn't understand a word out of his mouth.
18th Galena
Looks like he made an iron crossbow, he calls it "Zaledmingtuthkastaz" I replied with "wat".
9th Limestone
Yay... more traders, I'm starting to get sick of them, maybe it's time to implement "Operation: Mad Trader".
2nd Moonstone
While the traders were going mad Asmel Kivishstakud was found dead. I do not feel the two are related, as the traders are in a 5x5 room, it is however possible that Asmel was trapped in this room, should this be the case then I blame it on himself, everyone but the traders knew about MT.
17th Moonstone
I decided it was time to check on the traders, so I opened the floodgates to the depot, after the purple miasma fog drew away 2 guards jumped out and ran for their home along with some traders and carts. Four animals and a trader remained in place.
I think they were in shock, this means the next time those elves come, meat'll be back on the menu boys!
An ambush! Curse them!
23rd Moonstone
It seems to be over, we lost one wrestler in the process though.
2nd Opal
Tekkud Sezukoddom Metalsmith is taken by a fey mood!
7th Opal
This is a Golden battle axe. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with horse leather and encircled with bands of Gold and Iron. On the item is an image of a Iron crossbow in Gold.
I think the crossbow depicted on the axe looks a lot like zadjhkajsdhfkjhl.
9th Obsidian
Water has started to flow in the sewers! Soon water will be everywhere. >:D
20th Obsidian
The water provision is not doing as well as hope, I blame the river for this, but also the channel to the sewers so I'm having it widened.
1st Granite
Wells constructed! Looking back at the year I feel a lot could've gone better but when I see the smi-HHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH
-There are no more entries.-
(That's right, he wrote down the sounds he made when he died, now that's hardcore.)
Derp.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Derp.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28