Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34458 times)

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2010, 12:21:41 pm »

I shall await the children. Then promptly butcher them. With spikes......
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:19:59 am by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2010, 12:34:17 pm »

I shall await the children. Then promptly butcher them. With spikes......
You forget that it's my turn before yours.  8)

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:54:29 pm by Slayer »
Derp.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2010, 12:49:40 pm »

That means nothing. I can check heritage. Even if they grow to adults before my turn. They will die.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:19:53 am by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2010, 09:44:01 pm »

what if he kills them first?
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2010, 10:00:33 pm »

Then I will be sad...

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2010, 03:25:40 pm »

Derp.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2010, 03:29:33 pm »

At least do it with spikes. Anywho, onto the next person. Ze Spy has not responded. I will edit the first post when I get home from work. =)

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2010, 05:03:43 pm »

Hmm? Is it my turn then?

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2010, 05:44:26 pm »

Hmm? Is it my turn then?
I think it is.
Derp.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2010, 05:54:33 pm »

Well then, that came sooner than expected. beginning download...right...now

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2010, 06:07:04 pm »

excellent, excellent. Just a reminder, a LOT of the stuff lying around is forbidden still.  also, if you work on the doomsday device, make sure to floor over channel for the well.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 29, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »

I'm still thinking if should ask you just what the doomsday device is or loading up the game and trying to understand for myself, and I believe more fun and fun would arise from the second option so..

EDIT:
Oh, that kind of doomsday device.
Btw, looks like I'll be mostly disregarding my dwarf's personality.

8th of Granite, Early Spring of 53

...Well then. My name is Put Orbthrones, Ranger Grand Novice Brewer, and it appears that as of ..18 hours ago, approximately, I am in charge of overseeing the progress and well-being of this Dwarven settlement. Now hold on a minute you might tell me, what does a Brewer have to do with running fortresses, doesn't that seem like it could be dangerous, or at the very less reckless and irresponsible? And if you happen to do that I'll agree with you wholeheartedly , but then again if you try telling that to the previous, king-appointed, I-hope-is-experienced Overseer, like *I* did, you won't get much out of that besides a short talk about the importance of tradition and a stone tablet with a summary of the Hamlet's state, which I've kindly included.

(I spent way more time than I should have arranging this image)

"Hey now!" You might also say, "It looks like we have absolutely nothing to eat or drink Mr. Orbthrones!" and, again, you will be right.

Now I'm not what you would call an uptight dwarf, but I do realize that a good Fortress needs a bit of order in order to remain sane, and, preferably, alive, so the first official action I have partaken in is announcing that any further talk about "not wanting to deal with cursed items" would be followed by a nice warm magma bath for that Dwarf. I can only stand waking up in a big pile of rope reed pants for so long.

Also looks like my Dwarf is wearing a dress and is a guy? Hey, valid lifestyle choice, man. (Nobody can really notice under the robes anyways)
Anyways, on with the fort:

9th of Granite, Early Spring of 53

I asked the Bookkeeper, (Who's also the previous Overseer,) Phil, If he can fill me in on the situation of all of our stocks, turns out he never really bothered to make accurate counts and was satisfied enough with his educated guesses. When I asked him to make his records as accurate as he can from now on he agreed but he said that he would need an office set up for him, when I was talking later with a friend, Lorbam Windtwinkle, he informed me that as Hamlet Manager he would also need an office to properly fulfill his duties, I decided that it would be best to assign Phil as Hamlet Manager as well so I won't have to build two different offices, even if it means leaving a friend with the symbolic position of "Expedition Leader".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:13:50 pm by Put »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2010, 10:47:16 pm »

Woooo for weightknives! Also sorry for replying so late I got distracted by my roommates and forgot to get on. I edited the list on the first page. Great start Put. =)

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2010, 03:51:11 am »

Yay, Expedition leader! an mama said I'd never get anywhere in the bookeeping buiness :P

Oh, about the doomsday device,I don't think the levers and floodgates are hooked up yet

and don't blame ME for the food/drink problem, I have 4 dwarves with nothing but the "farming" labour enabled and they've been doing dick all.(but seriously, before you appoint anyone else to that, look through and see.  I have 4 dedicated farmers, as well as Set, who does what he pleases.(except woodcutting and mining)

Edit: Oh, and as for my educated guesses, "Not Enough" is too a number!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:53:04 am by Phil_Z »

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2010, 09:21:03 am »

Phil, you're Hamlet Manager, not expedition leader, I can't appoint expedition leader so I had to leave it with Lorbam. You are still bookkeeper, I just set your setting to "all counts are accurate".
On a different note, Set's profession is now set as "Workaholic".
Also, I'd like to mess with pretty much everyone's labours, so if anyone except Set has any specific requests for their Dwarves, raise a voice.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:02:42 am by Put »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28