Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34490 times)

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2010, 05:53:20 pm »

Umm, I tried the D enter B enter thing and nothing happened...(well, I ended up in the build menu...) Are you sure that's a default thing and not a mod Imp?
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2010, 05:57:09 pm »

go to the (d)esignation menu then (b) will enter another menu that you can then press whichever button sets to reclaim. Then just as if you were designating an area to cut trees you designate an area of items to reclaim.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:09:28 pm by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »

Thanks, that worked.

13th of Timber

Some minor progress to report.  We're almost done the channel for the well.  Once it's finished I'll just have to dig an access route from the level above.  we also need a chain, I've told the smelter to start getting hemetite ore in there, but they have yet to smelt a single bar.  Oh, and The miners have expanded the farm area in preparation to a larger brewing industry.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2010, 06:16:03 pm »

preparation to a larger brewing industry.

Looks like more work for Put, Grand Brewmeister

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2010, 06:38:23 pm »

22 Timber.

Noticing we had run out of food, I assigned another dwarf to farming.  He wasn't on the job for a minute when suddenly his eyes rolled back into his skull and he started babbling in Sedimentic, an old dwarf tongue. He ran to a craftsdwarf's workshop and has been frantically gathering materials, such has wood.  Some of the dwarves recognized it as a Mood, saying he will either create a work of great worth, or go mad in the process.  I hope for a swift, safe, and hopefully profitable resolution to this.

Also, I've assigned several of the predug rooms to our more notable dwarfs, including myself of course.  I've been studying craftmanship in between helping clean up the place, and hope to be a competent appraiser soon.(I gave myself the broker job and all named dwarves have rooms.)

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2010, 06:58:32 pm »

Gentledwarves, I give you:

Kiron Isak, The Holiness of Splattering, an oaken earring.

This is an Oaken Earring.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with chestnut and adorned with rings of oak. 
On the item is an image of Dwarves and a dwarf in ash.  The dwarves are surrounding the dwarf.
On the item is an image of an aluminum shield in turtle bone.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2010, 07:01:57 pm »

Whoa those are some small scale drawing.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2010, 07:44:56 pm »

man this is annoying...Everyone is starving, and it makes no sense.  There are plenty of plump helmet spawn, at least 3 dwarves without jobs with the farming labour active, and several empty fields desegnated for plump helmets...WHY WON'T THEY PLANT THEM

Also, does this tileset make modifications to the growth time of plants? just wondering...

aaannnnd the well isn't working.  great.  what glitch is happening NOW...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:46:29 pm by Phil_Z »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »

Nah, the tile set changed nothing from normal gameplay. It only makes it less pain on the eyes, IMO. The only modification that maygreen has is to the cats and their mouth's.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:05:44 pm by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2010, 08:13:37 pm »

ohhhhkay, everything SEEMS to be working.  they started farming and pulling water out of the well, so so far so good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/368979020/beginner.rar.html

It can only be dled 10 times, so let whoever's next DL first before anyone else does.

Ze Spy, STRIKE THE EARTH!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »

Woot! Awesome Phil_Z! Respond in two days ze spy or its onto the next =).

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2010, 09:40:02 pm »

Hey hey *winks at slayer*
Did you just make a pass at me, or at the dwarf miner?
Derp.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2010, 09:57:49 pm »

didn't you here Slayer? your dwarves wuv each other awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :P

By the way Put, your profession is listed a "ranger" but the only skill you have enabled is the brewing one.  I thought your profession would have swapped over by now, but whatever...

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2010, 07:52:37 am »

Derp.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile