Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34511 times)

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2010, 01:45:58 pm »

Brewer/Hammerdwarf called Put.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2010, 02:16:32 pm »

I like how its going too. The death of the fortress would have happened sooner or later whether we caused it by dumping magma all over or a siege of goblins destroying us however unlikely that is when you have a few champions. It just came a bit sooner and reclaiming is a great part of DF if you weren't ready to retire a destroyed fortress just yet. Lets just let everyone on the list get at least 1 turn before we even consider retiring the fortress.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:24:51 pm by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »

Ok, i'm making a list of all the dorfs I need to make.  If you don't see yours here, tell me.

Slayer: marksdwarf/miner

Set: everything but hauling. wrestling skill.

Crossbolt: Marksdwarf(career soldier)

Dusty: Swordsdwarf(career soldier

Put: Hammerdwarf/brewmaster

edit: added wrestling to set's dwarf
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:41:00 pm by Phil_Z »
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2010, 04:24:26 pm »

A wrestler I guess. Don't really care too much about military but killing with bare hands is more fun than any weapon. >=)

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2010, 04:39:19 pm »

I'd like to be a mason/architect/engraver/mechanic, and a legendary wrestler.  Don't turn off military duty until it's 15+5 ;D
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2010, 07:02:04 am »

...Well? Did you start?

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2010, 08:22:30 am »

I assumed he would start this weekend but he has until next Wednesday night to complete it though sooner would be very appreciated.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2010, 05:39:46 pm »

starting later tonight.  I have to add refrences to an essay, put on a load of laundy and i'll be able to start.  I'll update as I go and as I name dwarves.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2010, 05:46:25 pm »

-has been lurking-
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2010, 07:03:08 pm »

-has been lurking-

good, because I need help!  I put the folder I got from the rar into my data/save folder.  so, I start up DF, hit "start playing", select the right realm and...

MISSING CREATURE BODY DEFINITION: CAT_MOUTH

I know I've seen someone mention it before, but I can't remember how to fix it. any ideas?

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2010, 08:16:47 pm »

-has been lurking-

good, because I need help!  I put the folder I got from the rar into my data/save folder.  so, I start up DF, hit "start playing", select the right realm and...

I know I've seen someone mention it before, but I can't remember how to fix it. any ideas?

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=35199.0

This could be of help.
Derp.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2010, 08:26:17 pm »

-has been lurking-

You are not using Mayday's set are ya? It mods a few things, so you'll need to download it or find the edited files yourself.

Also, make sure to get the latest version of DF. 40d18 I thinks.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:12 pm »

hmm...if I take the game data files from the mayday tileset, could I use my tileset with the save file?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »

Possibly...try it!

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2010, 12:29:42 am »

7th granite

and so it begins...

I knew it would be bad, but not like this...bones of dwarves, cats, blood everywhere...Armok, what happened here?

There are 2 squads of us, one of marksdwarves and one of axers...oh, we brought a swordsdwarf and one of the marksdwarves is trained hammer use...14 dwarves total, and a cat for vermin control.  Well, nothing to do but get set up and start cleaning...it's gonna take a while.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28