Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34512 times)

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »

Well that was a quick death.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2010, 07:01:32 pm »

Amusing though.  ;D Made me and my roommates laugh for a bit. Specially the berserk child killing spine injured dwarfs.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:11:38 pm by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2010, 07:28:45 pm »

Yeah, the only reason my fort lasted longer than that is two of the nerve-damage dworfs were in their own rooms and not the barracks.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2010, 02:58:51 am »

can you pack the entire game along with the save file? i can't seem to download 40D 16 of maydays graphics pack with the proper resolution , it cuts half of the game screen in half

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2010, 03:13:49 am »

can you pack the entire game along with the save file? i can't seem to download 40D 16 of maydays graphics pack with the proper resolution , it cuts half of the game screen in half
Maximize it.
Derp.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2010, 07:34:47 am »

impossible , i can't see one side of the game , and i will get a error everytime i try to fullscreen

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2010, 01:46:35 pm »

Try Mayday's d18 release, that's what I was using and it works fine.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »

hmm, my turn huh?  I've never reclaimed before...anyone want the job? if not I'll go ahead.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »

Reclaiming is not a big deal Phil just select to start a game and select that region then hit (r)eclaim. It should zoom in on the area that was lost and you can start again. It should start you with 40+ military active dwarfs. You can deactivate them from the military and start going. =) Only problem is when you start with reclaim all the dwarfs are friends so if a few die there is high chance for tantrum spiral.
Also:
maydays 40d18 does not work properly for me either. It has been a major annoyance for quite a while. I tried using it for a while and I fixed the resolution problem by changing the option in the init file. However dwarf manager and dwarf therapist does not work with it which was the deciding factor for me to not use it. So I just stick with 40d.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2010, 01:14:07 am »

Okay, it'll be a couple of days before I can start-essays suck- but in the meantime....

WANT A DORF? NAME A DORF!!!1!!!

since all our named dwarves were killed, take these two days to pick and name a new one.  post it here and I'll see what I can do! we're going to need :

Miners
Farmers
Smiths
Woodcutters
Carpenters
Masons/engravers
Brewers/cooks
mechanics/siege engineers
career soldiers.

remember, all dwarves will start with weapon skills at first, so specify that too.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2010, 09:35:10 am »

If you get a marksdwarf, could you name him Slayer and get him to mine, just mine nothing else.
Derp.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2010, 10:11:07 am »

Set must have all the skills! Give him every skill but remove all of the hauling. He must be overworked!

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »

Dammit, i'm guessing my dude died in a tantrum spiral but at least he put down the 2 champions *evil laugh*  :)

If you get a marksdwarf (again) please call him: Crossbolt

and that was awesome, I never saw a tantrum spiral in action until this and I love how this is playing out :)
Also, do artifacts stay in the fortress?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »

I think so.  I'm pretty sure you can find them in adventure mode too.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2010, 01:21:32 pm »

I'll go with a sword-brandishing mechanic, named Dusty.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28