Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34546 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2010, 01:17:15 am »

quinr

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2010, 09:54:56 am »

Mine, I played yesterday, but didn't get around to the update.

I'll write it today soon. My apologies.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2010, 10:28:21 am »

Arh, these dwarves are SO LAZY! Today I got a call that Dwarves were running away from Carp! CARP! You know, those tiny fish things.

I used the job manager to set 10 build barrel and brew drink tasks, and it took Set_Bedra 3 days to approve it!

The dwarves finally finished my wonderful room, complete with statues, and that donkey I love so much! Now that I was promoted to Capt. of the Guard, I must have MORE! I need a beautiful room, complete with spiky traps in case of attack. Possibly a magma trap in case someone attempts to steal my beautiful donkey!

(sorry about lack of pics, I haven't really build much though, except his room. I've mostly been doing things like brewing drinks, and forging a chain. I'll finish off the fort tonight. I plan to do some exploratory mining, since we have no jewels except about 3 red ones.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2010, 12:37:07 pm »

Don't you lie! You know I'm the hardest working dwarf in that fortress! Doing three nobles jobs simultaneously as well as being an awesomely quick miner. Sheesh what more do you expect!

Also my turn was quick because I run the game at 150fps at the beginning. Once I get to around 100 dwarfs it drops to like 60-70 anyway. How many are we at now anyway?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:19:26 pm by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2010, 01:04:06 pm »

Mine is at 40 -.-

I need to play with the settings more.

Also, we have ~50.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2010, 01:16:58 pm »

Open the init and change temperature to NO. It helps a LOT for me. I gained about 30fps after changing that. Only problem is any enemies flung into magma will not burn they just sit in it unable to move and will eventually starve.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:19:23 pm by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2010, 03:20:33 pm »

NO NEVER, just put off weather and something else but temperature makes magma so FUN! i think you could try higher fps cap or G_fps cap like 25

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »

Kill all the cats, except for one breeding pair.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:19 pm »

I already butchered some, they breed and adopt fast though.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2010, 06:22:30 pm »

Poor kittai..... T_T why must everyone hate the kittai...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2010, 06:26:26 pm »

I love kitties, except for the laggy ones.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:52 pm »

Duh... those are the best kinds of kittai. Doncha know anything?  ::)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:04:04 pm by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2010, 12:09:01 am »

Hmm,
We made a legendary Aluminum Shield encircled with Aluminum!
It was the last pieces of metal we had, and I was just about to make cages with it!

It's value is 120000 Dbucks.
Not a typo.

EDIT: And guess who took it?  That would be me!
Stupid humans are as bad as elves, they brought SO MUCH CLOTH. I bought a couple barrels of it, and a couple barrels of leather.

ALL THEY BROUGHT WAS A FEW SEEDS, LEATHER, AND CLOTH.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:17:34 am by quinnr »

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2010, 03:40:14 am »

if we're getting a lot of cloth mebbe we should start up a dye racket?
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2010, 04:43:56 am »

Maybe I will...I've got one season left to go :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28