Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 15280 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2010, 10:14:25 pm »

Gamers.

Their so annoying always talking about shooters and new games Ive never heard of.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2010, 10:20:52 pm »

And MGS2, because while one expects crazy government conspiracies and shadow organizations to be in a MGS title nobody expects a whiny, disobedient, backtalking nancyboy whose girlfriend is about as unlikeable as he is. And they have unlikeable mellowdramatic conversations about their lives that I really don't care for. I wanna choke a dude!

The best part of those conversations was that you could mash X or whatever and skim through them.

"Blah blah blah Jack blah blah remember that blah blah what day it is tomorrow."

"Yeah whatever Rose. Thanks for savin' mah game. Where'd Otakon go?"

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2010, 11:25:28 pm »

Okay, I just now discovered a new pet peeve.

I'm sitting in a room by myself, working on my laptop. I have the curtains open just slightly and the lights dimmed for the perfect mix of natural and fluorescent light. The window is cracked open and the fan is on, making the air flow in the room ideal. My favorite Beatles album is playing quietly in the background. The door is closed to block out the noise in the rest of the house. Enter "Family Member X," who proceeds to bang open the door, throw open the curtains, turn off the lights and fan, and proceed to either (A) start watching anime on the computer, or (B) unplug my iPod and turn on ESPN or political talk radio. The worst part is that Family Member X usually leaves after 5-10 minutes, leaving everything completely out of order.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2010, 11:26:20 pm »

Gamers.

Their so annoying always talking about shooters and new games Ive never heard of.

Me too, but only if they keep on being snobbish and elitist about graphics. I like learning about new games!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2010, 11:26:41 pm »

I've actually discovered that I don't like computers anymore ;_;  Great job, Vector...

EDIT: Wait, what the hell was I saying?  I don't know if it counts as a pet peeve so much as an annoyance, but it really bugs me when I get addicted to random shit.  It's not something that bothers me in others, but I hate getting addicted to stuff (a particular song that I ended up just playing over and over for 7 hours a day for the course of half a year or so [even after I hated it.  Good job, middle-school Vector], computers, whatever).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:36:16 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2010, 11:38:35 pm »

I like learning about new games!
So do I but it's always really generic modern games that they will soon replace with another game just like it as soon as they get the money.

They dont even play games for entertainment it seems. It's all about achievements no one will care about once you get them.

Then they tell me roguelikes are boring while they entertain themselves with  stories about how they try to launch a warthog 30 feet into the air for four hours to get an achievement or something.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2010, 11:41:15 pm »

actually, those people launch their vehicles up in the air for the sheer fun of it. I'm one of 'em. Sometimes, I get over my latest fortress failure by playing hours of mindless shoot-'em-ups.

Back on topic:
I hate it when two people make out and they will not get a fucking room.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2010, 11:58:16 pm »

There is a place for all sorts of games. Lots of people don't like the depth of roguelikes, preferring more mindless pursuits, and while I like to be mentally challenged in a game, sometimes a good simple twitch game can help relieve stress.(my current method: charge though traffic in Prototype, becoming an unstoppable juggernaut of DOOM)

actually, those people launch their vehicles up in the air for the sheer fun of it.
One of my friends once gathered over a hundred grenades, hopped in a warthog... and basically selfdestructed- he apparently fell out when it hit the skybox, then plummeted to his death far below.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2010, 12:03:43 am »

That was probably a bad example.

It's the repetition that I was trying to get at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2010, 12:05:20 am »

my current method: charge though traffic in Prototype, becoming an unstoppable juggernaut of DOOM

I do this all the time. I do make an effort to demolish all taxis i see, though.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2010, 02:51:53 am »

Then they tell me roguelikes are boring while they entertain themselves with  stories about how they try to launch a warthog 30 feet into the air for four hours to get an achievement or something.

To be fair, this is what we do in Dwarf Fortress, we just don't get any achievement for it.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2010, 02:53:09 am »

I just HAET those people who think that graphics are everything. I like graphics too, but i prioritize gameplay over the shiny.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2010, 02:55:27 am »

I just HAET those people who think that graphics are everything. I like graphics too, but i prioritize gameplay over the shiny.

Yesssssssss.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2010, 03:10:24 am »

Yesssssssss.

Bay12games forums: where gamers who are ostracized for not liking graphics over gameplay go.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:09 am »

Yesssssssss.

Thirded.

Most shiny games actually have pretty shitty gameplay. of course, i appreciate good graphics in games, and i occassionally comment on the  niceness of game's graphics, but still, i like gameplay more.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13