Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 15334 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2010, 05:19:08 pm »

I've had problems like Toonyman. Namely, unknown people swimming in my pool and playing on the zipline. I took a gun with me and stood on the deck, then whistled really loud. Priceless.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2010, 05:21:46 pm »

I'm not going to risk getting shot, those middle schoolers might have guns.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »

I'm not going to risk getting shot, those middle schoolers might have guns.

The sad part is, at my old middle school, some of the kids are in gangs and probably have guns.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2010, 05:24:17 pm »

That's why I said what I said.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2010, 05:27:46 pm »

Luckily those kind of kids went on to the standard high school while I got into a magnet program and went to a better one. Never knew who was part of the "Border Bunnies" thing.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2010, 05:29:10 pm »

Watch out for those Lost Doritos, they wear red and their symbol is a triangle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2010, 05:55:05 pm »

I'd be much more worried about, say, fluids.  Does she know how to check/add the oil or coolant?  Would she if she does?  Do you?

If there's a trend to follow, I've noticed that in cars people don't give a damn about, if overheating doesn't render the car inoperable from lack of basic maintenance, it's usually the transmission that gives out first, of the major parts.
We (or at least I) know how to check and maintain fluids. But nobody seems to want to do the task of refilling or getting the oil changed.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2010, 05:57:15 pm »

I've had problems like Toonyman. Namely, unknown people swimming in my pool and playing on the zipline. I took a gun with me and stood on the deck, then whistled really loud. Priceless.

Suddenly I ache for a firearm.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2010, 06:09:05 pm »

Would you actually shoot one of them if they didn't comply?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »

When you put it that way, maybe you should take a phone out and threaten to call the cops instead.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2010, 06:12:04 pm »

Good thing trampolines are boring, they left like 15 minutes later.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2010, 06:15:28 pm »

Hell no. It's scare them, then call the cops. If one attacked me, then maybe, but that would be self defense.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2010, 06:32:12 pm »

Pet Peeve: people like Lolor that don't exercise their prerogative to defend their property or space.

I've recently moved to a new dorm room, and while my roommate is nice enough (he even offered me his homemade cookies), his friend looks like a pothead that wouldn't think twice about stealing my change if I left it on my counter. I've made it a point to hide everything of value, I've let them know that I won't tolerate grievances against me, and I've already made friends with some of the rule enforcing people around here.

So, Lolor, just to avoid the hassle, I'd lay down the LAW with your sister, or sell her the car, so it's officially HER problem, and you can just borrow it for your occasional excursions. Save's time and potential future headaches.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2010, 07:47:45 pm »

1. Twilight and its fans.
I don't like the book, never will. stop trying to shove it down my throat. I feel saddened by the sheer drop of quality in reading material these days...

2. The Host, the travesty of a sci-fi book.
It's twilight with aliens. Need I say more?

3. Goddamned extremists. Of anything.
Be it religion, politics, video games or whatever, I. Don't. Give. A. Shit. I don't care that I'm not Neo-Baptist-whatever they call them these days. I don't want to throw out my 360 and get a PS3/Wii/Whatever! Why can't people have their own opinions?!

4. PETA
These bastards have a special place in my list. Why? They are hypocritical hatemongering people who think that we can live without meat, animal byproducts, or animal interaction. AT ALL. Remember I see them all the time, shoving fliers into my hands, fliers full of facts that they pulled out of their ass. Why can't i have a dog? I care for him! We love each other, and I don't 'enslave' him! PETArds, please, just LEAVE ME ALONE.

They handed these out to schoolkids. Mein Gott...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2010, 07:55:46 pm »

What I hate about them most is when they take the pets off the hands of their supporters (I can't live as a slave owner! Find my dog a good home!) they bundle it into the van and kill it before they reach their destination. Not only are they hypocritical, they are lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13