Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 15348 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

Really?  I thought the vegetarian one was real.  Not that it means anything of course.  He was a painter though, pretty good too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2010, 05:59:21 pm »

Nope. Apparently he enjoyed fry-ups for breakfast and his cook testified that he wasn't exactly a meat-hater.

Also, seriously? That's pretty good, and considering post-modernism, it's not exactly hard to get people to like crappy art. How did he get rejected twice?

CONSPIRACY.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2010, 06:10:24 pm »

He was an athiest. He wanted to get rid of all religion from the Third Reich. I watch the History channel way too much, jesus christ im watching it now.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »

He was an athiest. He wanted to get rid of all religion from the Third Reich. I watch the History channel way too much, jesus christ im watching it now.

You mean the same channel that used to devote 80% of its programming to crazy napkin-drawings of Nazi planes that could never fly?  And now devotes 80% of its programming to ridiculous theories of how the world will end and docutainment on Alaskan rednecks?

God knows what they'd have to say about the religious views of a neo-Wagnerian egomaniac.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2010, 06:18:51 pm »

If Hitler was an atheist, wouldn't he, you know, oppress religious people? It's not like he doesn't have a history of doing so. German soldiers went into battle with 'God is with us' on their belts, and priests blessed equipment. Also, Hitler once said:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. .. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison." in a 1922 speech.

Also, yes, half of that was from Cracked and the other half from Wikipedia. Still, there's references if you want to look it up.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2010, 06:24:11 pm »

He wanted to wait until he was in complete control, thats why I said he had plans. You really cant conquer all of europe with a kill all christians motto, can you?  Also what kind of History channel are you guys whatching? Mine plays 99% WWII Nazi stuff and 1% Doomsday/Other stuff.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2010, 06:39:46 pm »

Hitler Channel or 2012 Channel, either way it's not exactly a font of detailed and varied knowledge.  Really, any academic channel meant for the layperson is going to be a little silly (I'm looking at you, Ultimate Warrior)
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2010, 06:54:17 pm »

Also, all these 'Hitler was an evil genius with secret plans!' people are really freaking annoying. I hate conspiracy theories, and things along that line. It's like loose change or the like.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2010, 06:58:49 pm »

Hitler was actually a bit of a tool.

he was brilliant at public relations and suchlike, but wasnt the greatest of military minds...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2010, 07:13:42 pm »

Yep. Apparently Dunkirk was his blunder.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »

Hitler was basically a liar.  He professed both a staunch catholic belief and a strong atheist one, apparently at roughly the same time.  He also claimed to be a vegetarian, even though he ate sausages, ham and beef, and his favourite meal was apparently wildfowl.

So yeah.  Don't trust anything a manipulative and quite possibly insane tyrant says about himself.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2010, 09:09:09 pm »

oh god damn it. Godwins law derail to the max.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2010, 09:12:07 pm »

Discussion about Hitler in non-argumentative thread =/= Godwin's law.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2010, 09:41:55 pm »

Discussion about Hitler in non-argumentative thread =/= Godwin's law.

Exactly. That's why that xkcd comic didn't work. If you're talking about Hitler, and it's not an argument, Godwin's law isn't a fallacy.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2010, 09:45:51 pm »

Rerail : People who don't know how to park. Whenever I see someone parked diagonally it makes me want to smash their windshield. I don't entirely know why.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13