Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 15294 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 07:34:41 pm »

Well, Cthulu, if you've only just got into politics, there'll be some things you haven't thought through yet.  After all, being young gives you ideological drive, but not necessarily the knowledge to use it in any meaningful sense.  Hopefully he'd take on board criticisms of his views :P.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 07:40:58 pm »

People who think I'm insane, just because I listen to different music than them.
Seriously...is there a shittier reason for disliking someone?
I know I'm biased against people who listen to dance music aka trance, hiphop-ish stuff, but god damn, I at least try to see their good sides.

And of course, the crown of all people, or the frosting on the cake of society if you like.
Those that think I am a total moron, just because I'm under 20. The ones that brand me with the
" stupid teenager" tag.
I like to consider myself a reasonable individual. One with quite different tastes than others, sure, but at least a person which you can depend on, and which at least has some sort of grounding in reality. well, to some extent.
These people annoy me  to infinity and beyond.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 08:22:51 pm »

Dumbasses who ride their bikes the wrong way into traffic

It's always either a crackhead or a college student, on a shitty mountain bike

Anyway, I could rattle off a list of things other people do that piss me off, and I'd sound exactly like Cthulhu.  But those aren't pet peeves.  My biggest pet peeve is this - when minor bits of physics don't work the way I want them to.  Stuck zippers, rattling fans, doors that don't fit in their frame, when I'm trying to move something and it won't stop getting stuck on other things, tangled pockets, trash that won't stay in the damn can, so on and so forth.  Just sets me off like crazy, and I have no idea why.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:22 pm »

The fact that a peice of string will contain as many knots as the time in seconds it has been touching itself multiplied by the length of string.

How the hell does it do such intracate knots?!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:08 pm »

Hm... peeves...

1. Twilight fans
2. Fanfiction writers in general
3. People who think "vegetarian food" means "contains chicken broth"
4. People who think they're awesome at math and swagger around when they really, really suck.  I'm not talking about people who are "good for their age" or "good for their area" or whatever.  I'm talking about those dumb-as-bricks people who sit in the back of the class, never take notes, and don't participate.  If you're unprepared, that's fine.  If you're green, you're fine.  If you've got a mildly inflated sense of your own self-importance, that's fine.  Just don't do STUPID SHIT and expect adulations.  Hell, I'll say the same thing about English class.  If you're so good at English, then stop coming up with those dumb-as-bricks theories and say something insightful OR recognize that you aren't God's Greatest Gift to the English Language.
5. Posers in general :I
6. Needing to sleep.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 09:11:32 pm »

Summary: Everything listed in this thread.

Am I really hostile, or am I just conditioned to become so because I live in a town riddled with morons as well?

I am however one of those who bike on sidewalks, but only for a semi-rational set of reasons:
1) Traffic, where I live, tends to get rather scary; even in broad daylight. Bike lane or not, I'm not going near anyone that drives a car when I go biking. They tend to not pay attention to their surroundings, be it driving 15-under speed limit for miles on end, or taking up all lanes because they're too distracted with all the pretty greyish-tan/beige buildings that take up much of the street.
2) Sidewalks provide shortcuts if you can find any
3) People don't walk on the sidewalks half as much as you'd expect around town these days (usually because the beach is right there).
4) Sidewalks, if you map them out properly, and take advantage of some landscape, makes for good racetracks; especially if you must stay within the cement, and it has plenty of corners.

EDIT:
And to contribute-- No matter how early and ready I get for work, even being ready/leaving 15-minutes early; I'm always 5 minutes late. Similar case with church (and arriving there much later, usually halfway late), but that's either due to family taking their sweet time getting ready, or every conceivable parking spot at church is taken by snowbirds or "mandatory" church-goers that only come for certain holidays to remain "official" Christian/Catholics. If you're not going to be honest about your virtues or anything regarding religion, then be an Athiest; stop making the rest of us look like chumps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:24:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 09:47:57 pm »

Hell, I'll say the same thing about English class.  If you're so good at English, then stop coming up with those dumb-as-bricks theories and say something insightful OR recognize that you aren't God's Greatest Gift to the English Language.

It could be I'm belittling myself but that might be me, or at least was me last year.

Depends, and I guess I'll never know because I'm a crap judge of myself and it's not like anyone on the forums was in my class.

Pet peeve: Niggling doubts about myself that I can't quash no matter how foolish they are.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 10:05:35 pm »

Stupid people:

-Twilight Ranters: I'm O.K with you being a fan of the book, but when you try to rant at me about how Edward is so perfect, expect a slap. I haven't even read the books (and I don't plan to!) but that guy is a total creep.

-Teen-age Nazis: Do you have any idea what the hell your talking about?

-The KKK: What the hell are you guys still around for?

-"REBEL FLAG WOOO!": Seriously? Your going to wave a flag around that promotes slavery? You lost in the 1860's, get over it. What reallyt pisses me off is the kid who wears a shirt that says, and I quote, "If this flag offends you, you need a history lesson."

... Fuck. You.

-Pickles: Whomever invented this travesty of a food needs to be shot.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 10:07:22 pm »

Pet peeve: Niggling doubts about myself that I can't quash no matter how foolish they are.
Ohgodthis.

And more than likely most people as well.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 10:20:36 pm »

This picture is large, but impossibly badass.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu... nooooooooooo.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 10:32:12 pm »

Woah woah woah; there are different ways pickles are processed that yields a completely different outcome of quality between them.

For example, yellowy-green pickles (like the store brand or Mt. Olive brand) bleh; that's a travesty. However Claussain pickles (which are actually green on the outside and a TRUE crispy whiteish-green inside, and best served cold), now those are good. Hell, so good, even the jar of juice left behind is good for drinking. The other one is like drinking straight up vinegar; whereas the kind that I like are more peppercorn flavored.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:35:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 10:40:53 pm »

Stupid people:

-Teen-age Nazis: Do you have any idea what the hell your talking about?

Kids who decide they know everything and have permanent views on a subject before they've even graduated high school. And then go on the internet to tell everyone.

Racists, sexists, homophobes, and all other prejudices...the fact that these things still exist disappoint me.

Really, a lot of things about humanity disappoint me. Maybe I'm just negative but it seems to me like America is beginning (has been?) to slide backwards in terms of average intelligence. Go to Youtube, or Facebook, or log onto Xbox Live and listen to the conversations. Maybe the internet is to blame for all the extreme, unreasonable views that kids develop...they Google something and think whatever comes up must be true. Then they turn to people who oppose the view they have adopted so foolishly and fight with them, and neither benefits. They wallow in their own ignorance. And I believe this could be prevented by a solid education and sensible parenting. It's a cycle that should be stopped.

Posers and people that lose themselves in their desperate attempts to become something else.

Also, I like pickles.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 11:31:01 pm »

Wow, all these pet peeves make mine seem insignificant.

As pathetic as it sounds, my biggest pet peeves are apostrophe errors and textspeak. EsPeCiALLy wHeN sOmE cHiXXX tYpE lIkE tHiSsSsSs wHeNeVeR yOu TrY tO hAvE aN oNlInE cOnVeRsAtIoN jAjAjAjAjAjA. I know them in real-life, and they're awesome people, but texting or IMing them makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Hey, hey you. Yes, you.
Lrn 2 spl plz kthx.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 11:37:06 pm »

I hate it when people post without reading the whole topic.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 11:44:05 pm »

I hate it when people make passive aggressive attacks on things that don't deserve passive aggressive attacks.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13