Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayor Conducted meeting while paused  (Read 1325 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mayor Conducted meeting while paused
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:34:23 pm »

So, one day my mayor was conducting a meeting with a human trade representative and i went to designate some rooms to be dug out, and during this time while my mayor somehow managed to advance two steps in the meeting process and finished it, during the entire time it was paused...   
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
Re: Mayor Conducted meeting while paused
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:20:26 pm »

I've had this before too.  I believe it has to do with normal stacking up of announcements.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 12:55:41 am »

000768 □ [dwarf mode][interface][designations]    (Report) cat adoptions, meetings, drink jobs etc. can occur while the game is paused during mining designations
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:21:39 am »

000768 □ [dwarf mode][interface][designations]    (Report) cat adoptions, meetings, drink jobs etc. can occur while the game is paused during mining designations
mmm... didn't notice that when i searched the bug report... oo well nvm me then.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:54:45 am »

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, really.  It seems that when you issue most commands (maybe not all?) while paused, it behaves as if you had hit period - that is, it progresses one step.  Unless you are making a LOT of commands while paused, it shouldn't get much done.

But TWO steps of the meeting?  Ouch - maybe there is a bug somewhere.  I've designated huge things, disliked the result, undesignated them, and repeated... a few times during one pause session even... and never had that much get done.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:31:29 am »

Not just mining designations, just about anything in the designation menu works. In fact, I swirl my cursor around the screen using the cut tree designation (usually underground) to speed up the meeting proccess. Also saves on creating a mess of mining designation underground.