Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 7 (First boss battle.)  (Read 8595 times)

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 0
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »

"No way.. can it be?" Jackson is overcome with the images of his recent wreck.  Flashbacks of being trapped in a car, helpless.  A rage builds up in The Jackhammer as he raises both hands in angry fists...  Jackson attempts to raise a tower of earth and concrete below Richter before he can damage any more cars.. and the people in them.  ((that way.. the only thing he can touch is what he is standing on))

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 0
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 11:10:07 pm »

Sarah runs to the bank and stabs the criminals in a heroic fashion with her palm-spike.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 2
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 11:40:58 am »

I hand the kid an autograph I keep on my person because I'm a self-centered douche. I then attempt to see where the horse guy is going, and beat him there.
(2) You forget to bring the autograph, and as such the man gets away.

I paint a stroke of heavy gravity over the exploding car so that the shrapnel falls to the ground without injuring any civilizians.
(Autofail) you are in a market, the bank is too far away, remember?

Jackson attempts to raise a tower of earth and concrete below Richter before he can damage any more cars.. and the people in them.
(5) You raise a tower of concrete, Richter must destroy the tower before he can attack. (Teir 2 unlocked.)

Sarah runs to the bank and stabs the criminals in a heroic fashion with her palm-spike.
(4) You run into the bank and stab a man holding a gun inside, but he pulls your spike out of him and breaks your arm.

Quote from: Horse guy
Destroy tower and enter bank.
(5) You jump off the Metal Horse as it plows through the concrete tower. (Luck roll: 4) Richter falls down and breaks an ankle. You run into the Bank to see some man break a girls arm.

Quote from: Richter
avoid falling down!
(6) You manage to keep your balance but your ankle breaks when you land.

NPCs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 1
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:07 pm »

Jackson sets down his 'huge concrete slab' in the middle of the street.. (creating cover)..  He yells at Richter.. "Why ya' gotta hurt the 'norms' to steal some money?"  The Jackhammer begins to pelt Richter with the remains (chunks of concrete) of his tower.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »

"Curse my distance problems" I run towards the bank, and try to paint a stroke of heavy gravity on the man with the broken ankle, hoping to further damage him.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 03:20:51 pm »

Head to the bank, punch through the wall, and make a dramatic entrance for any left alive after my previously mentioned punching of the wall.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 03:57:01 pm »

Seduce the guy who just broke my arm  and trick him into shooting the horse guy.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 2
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 08:30:52 pm »

Seduce the guy who just broke my arm  and trick him into shooting the horse guy.
(5) You seduce the man, and he opens fire on the man who ran inside. (luck roll = 2) He misses entirely.

Head to the bank, punch through the wall, and make a dramatic entrance for any left alive after my previously mentioned punching of the wall.
(-1) Your break every bone in your hand, and the rest of the wall collapses ontop of you, partially burying you alive. (next turn spent on getting out, some how...)

I run towards the bank, and try to paint a stroke of heavy gravity on the man with the broken ankle, hoping to further damage him.
(4) You paint some gravity, (Luck roll = 6) and Richter is now immobile. He manages to scream about it not being his fault and him wanting this, but you couldn't care less. (+1 to asshole actions.)

Jackson sets down his 'huge concrete slab' in the middle of the street.. The Jackhammer begins to pelt Richter with the remains (chunks of concrete) of his tower.
(5) you aim a perfect shot up, (Luck roll = 1) but fate and gravity intervene, ruining your shot. Some dust hits your eyes. (-1 to vision based moves next 2 turns.)

Background event: (5) Several soldiers come into the fray, and what seems to be Jason? WTFs all around!

Quote from: Horse guy
Duck and cover and make a monster!
(2) you manage to duck, but not cover. You make a paper airplane and you launch it with your abilities.

NPCs:

Players:

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 3
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 09:38:59 pm »

How did I get a -1?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 09:41:50 pm »

Keep seducing the man and telling him to open fire.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 10:45:40 pm »

[using an asshole action] I paint an even heavier stroke of gravity over his limbs, crushing his bones are making him unable to move even in regular gravity.

and if I'm allowed to talk, too:

"What do you mean you this wasn't your fault, scumbag?"

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 08:56:19 am »

How did I get a -1?

Read 1st post on abilities. I've been forgetting to say when I subtracted points, but I'll add all the details now, ok?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:32:11 pm by Ninteen45 »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 09:55:42 am »

I still don't see what happened. I have super-strength, so I wasn't aware that a -1 was even possible.

Go through door. Punch bank robber. Declare arm is perfectly fine. (Bluff)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:45:28 am by CJ1145 »

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 11:35:01 am »

Tier 1: Dabbling: You can JUST control it, but some things may be harder for you. Autofail on combat, basic skills learned, -1 to power based moves.
Tier 2: Novice: You can Control your power and fight, but it is draining with prolonged use and Any sort of travel is a no no. -1 to stamina after using it 2 times in a row, autofail on travelling with it or any major uses.
Tier 3: Decent: Can travel decently and fight better, but complex moves are a little risky. -1 to stamina after using it 4 times in a row, -2 on complex moves.
Tier 4: Advanced: Can do everything better now, you need to master the complex moves. -1 to complex moves.
Tier 5: Master: You can use your power as easily as breathing, it is that simple. +2 to everything.
You broke the hand and got crushed, and the wall wasn't the fourth one, btw.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 11:45:09 am »

OK, I see now. Must have missed it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5