Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 7 (First boss battle.)  (Read 8593 times)

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 7 (First boss battle.)
« on: March 04, 2010, 08:42:01 pm »

This games takes place in Jonestown. A city hit by something, giving almost all the residents powers...

Each action is determined by the roll of a 6 sided dice. Some actions require more than one (such as combat, which there ill be a lot of). Success depends on what the roll is. Check graph 1-1 for reference:
Quote from: Graph 1-1
Auto-Failure: Some actions are just plan impossible, even by our standards. You can get away with a lot crap, but some stuff just won't fly
1/Epic Fail: Not only did you fail spectacularly, but also in a way that you either hurt yourself, or prevent repeating the action
2/Failure: a normal failure. At least you didn't hurt yourself (some of the time)
3/Partial Success: a weird cross between success and failure. Depends on context whether that's good or bad
4/Success: Simple, easy. Passed with flying colors
5/Perfect Success: The universe bends to your will. Nothing could stop you and everything you touch turns to gold. Often comes with added bonuses.
6/Overshot: You succeed, but something Doesn't go to plan. Better than a 1, but can be just as bad depending on a luck roll.
Auto-Success: Even you can't screw this up. Or maybe you can. This is more common with NPCs than players.

A few extra things. Depending on your success or what may have happened to you, you can gain experience or a handicap, becoming skilled or poor in it. You can become skilled in anything, getting bonuses in further actions (although you wouldn't become a grand master breather).

However, getting a -2 or an 8 is pretty risky, and could kill you off... be cautious.
there are 5 tiers on abilities, everyone is on tier 1: Dabbling. See graph 2 for more:

Quote from: Graph 2
Tier 1: Dabbling: You can JUST control it, but some things may be harder for you. Autofail on combat, basic skills learned, -1 to power based moves.
Tier 2: Novice: You can Control your power and fight, but it is draining with prolonged use and Any sort of travel is a no no. -1 to stamina after using it 2 times in a row, autofail on travelling with it or any major uses.
Tier 3: Decent: Can travel decently and fight better, but complex moves are a little risky. -1 to stamina after using it 4 times in a row, -2 on complex moves.
Tier 4: Advanced: Can do everything better now, you need to master the complex moves. -1 to complex moves.
Tier 5: Master: You can use your power as easily as breathing, it is that simple. +2 to everything.

Powers range from elemental, Psychological, and physical.

Minor note: There are about 20 NPC's you could encounter. Be wary, as they may have an effect on the world if you do something or not. Check the news to see who you'll be meeting by using a turn to watch the News on TV or the Radio. You might even appear!

Quote from: Application sheet!
Name: (Name and alias if you want.)
Powers: (optional as well, Badass Normal FTW.)
Bio: ( optional, can give you some skills or handicaps.)

gogogo!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:06:29 am by Ninteen45 »
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:50:59 pm »

Meh, I'm always up for some super-powered mayhem.

Name: Noah Anderson, AKA Mr. Shade
Powers: Super-Strength, Precognition abilities
Bio: Former Noah Anderson, Cashier, Noah has taken up a career of crimefighting after a strange incident gave him practically unlimited strength, and the ability to predict the future with astounding accuracy. However, his latter power has given him the unfortunate side effect of total insanity, having a tenuous-at-best grip on his powers, and preferring to be a snarky douche who wouldn't take a fatal wound very seriously. At crucial moments, his mind completely warps in the cryptic Mr. Shade, who has complete control over his powers, at the cost of only speaking in riddles, and being an even larger douche, albeit less funny.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:56:10 pm »

Name: Jackson Hayes aka: Jackhammer
Powers: Earth Manipulation, Super Regeneration
Bio:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:27:27 pm by Yarnspinner »

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:28:08 pm »

Count me in. Please?

Name: Victor Dhomochevsky
Powers: Control over gravity
Bio: At one point an aspiring painter and child prodigy of the arts, Dhomochevsky had always seen the world a little differently. As a second generation Russian immigrant, his family did not live in the greatest of conditions growing up. Now, still young and full of naivite about the world, he has learned that he has the ability to control gravity. Using exagerated hand movements, he can "paint" areas in higher or lower gravity, causing various results. He is a cautious and shy person, and does not speak often.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 09:36:30 pm »

Sarah Smithson
Female
age 20
Powers: Seducing, morphing
Sarah had always been decently pretty, but contact with sone radioactive waste made her stunning (which was rather strange). However, she learned she did more than just looking beautiful to people. She actively attracted them, even if they'd hate her personality (which was relatively dull). She also found that she could make herself (and others, which she tried once) look a bit different when she wanted to. She honed these abilities to try to be the most loved person in the world (a bit of an ego issue), but still has to work on them. She decided to fight crime as a superhero to help hone these skills.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:55:26 pm by 100killer9 »
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge Superhero edition: Turn 0
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 11:56:26 am »

A normal day. Well, normal as it could be. Ever since the "event", Jonestown became a city. People who lived in there grew powers, and with that the Military, Scientists and Thrill Seekers moved in. Most of the "Freaks" moved out, some died, killed by bigots, violent and paranoid soldiers, dangerous experiments or just other "Freaks". This allowed people to move in, mostly fans of the heroes who are working worldwide. The military, or to be correct - every goverment military branch and it's mother - have moved in, mainly to unloc the secrets of the "event". Oh, those pesky military chiefs, always wanting more WMD's!

Hoover Avenue - Market district - 10:00 AM:

An announcement on the TV, set to the hErO Channel: "Calling all Heroes, Vigilantes and Military, A recent trio of freaks known as Richter, Abbie Jackson and Simon Gales are currently robbing a bank south of the market district. These people are very dangerous, and should be avoided if you ain't another freak or a soldier."

Anyway, Our heroes are in the Market, Doing human stuff. Like buying food and signing Autographs.

time to play.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 04:44:13 pm »

Grow a spike on my palm that I can stab the freaks with, but not stab myself when I make a fist.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 06:44:56 pm »

Stay back, look around and scope out the situation.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 07:22:04 pm »

"Ooh-hoohoo. This looks fun. I think I'll just stay back and watch the fireworks for now."

Stay back. Watch fireworks.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 08:37:08 pm »

Stayin' back as well...  I pick up a brick as I move south to the area of the disturbance.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 10:46:24 am »

Name: James Alias known as Spark
Powers: Electrical, Shape shifter
Bio: He was a guy who got into trouble, cause of that he had become masterful in disguise he also loved to play around with electrical stuff and see how they work. He is a special ops soldier who is currently extended from duty cause he got in trouble with a superior officer.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »

Grow a spike on my palm that I can stab the freaks with, but not stab myself when I make a fist.
(3)You make a Spike, but it's not the one you wanted. (Unable to make a fist until you retract it.)

Stay back, look around and scope out the situation.
(5)You watch a man walk out of the bank and Blow up a car by simply touching it. A man runs from the store Behind you and Touches a statue of a horse. It glows, and he rides it south.

Stay back. Watch fireworks.
(2)A kid asks you politely for an autograph.

Stayin' back as well...  I pick up a brick as I move south to the area of the disturbance.
(6)You find a Concrete Slab instead. You head to the bank and there is a bunch of cars around. One is damaged.

Quote from: Richter
Destroy Cars.
(1)You touch one, but your super potential energy blows it up ad shrapnel flies everywhere! (4) a peice hits you in the chest, but it is too small and too weak a hit to hurt you.

Quote from: Horse guy
Go south.
(6)You Animate a statue, and ride to the bank. It's a little likely, so you doubt it will be able to turn back into a statue if you tried.

NPCs:

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »

I hand the kid an autograph I keep on my person because I'm a self-centered douche.

I then attempt to see where the horse guy is going, and beat him there.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 06:26:04 pm »

I paint a stroke of heavy gravity over the exploding car so that the shrapnel falls to the ground without injuring any civilizians.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 07:07:26 pm »

vagel is Intro'd in turn 6.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5