Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24408 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2010, 08:31:55 pm »

No, no I just was very busy.

Marcus grabs all the plasma fuel canisters (but saves two for his cutter), and wraps them together with tape and rigs it into a simple bomb, remembering his IED training from the CQC course. (bwahaha! I actively use my traits to maek a bomb!) Marcus then places small bullet in the IED, which will serve as the trigger. Next, he attaches a wire that leads to the primer of the bullet, and places the bullet next to the central canister and grabs a battery. When the hostile walks through the door, Marcus will send a spark running down the wire, and will activate the primer, making a big boom.

When this is done, he moves to a more defendable position and raises his AR, ready to rain hell down on whatever is coming.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2010, 10:25:59 pm »

I just wanted to give people more time, as I thought more posts would happen over the weekend. Guess I'll start combat in the morning then.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 14, 2010, 10:31:15 pm »

Marcus also helps Miria, who is making more barriers, using the workbenches and tables.

When this is done, he and Miria make their way to the rest of the team. Marcus suddenly finds that Miria's hand has found his, and she grips it tightly. The two of them quietly reassure each other with that simple gesture... The bond is broken, and the two of them busy themselves by reloading weapons, checking magazines, and Marcus almost smiles, which the rest of the team, except Miria, find odd.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2010, 09:46:58 pm »

BUMP TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #289 on: March 17, 2010, 09:21:47 am »

Yeah sorry, I had class then fell asleep. I meant to start this up yesterday. :)

I'll go ahead and post and whoever's still playing can fight this out.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2010, 09:43:29 am »

As you take up defensive positions a hulking mech rounds the corner. This is no makeshift mechanical warrior, but a well-designed security robot. Its steps shake the deck, and you see several types of weaponry on it as well as a glaring red eye in the center which is staring right at you.

"Escalation request accepted. Initiate purge of main engineering and all surrounding rooms."

The mech pauses at the door, levels its weapons, then advances into the room and you hear a high-pitched whine as its power plant spins up.

Begin spotlight conflict, all other play is paused.

Involved players: Silhouette, Acanthus117, Himmelhand

You are fighting a Villain so be careful.

As a side note, that took forever to write because a kitten is clinging to my shoulder playing with the strings on my hoodie.

When all narrations are in I will parse and roll. Dice pool for this conflict is 6.

Doom counter is currently 0.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:48:42 am by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2010, 09:48:19 am »

DM Narration - Round 1

The security mech's speakers come on and a booming male voice says "3A1-39 initiating purge of main engineering. Biological activity detected, calculating optimal firing pattern. Minimal body-armor detected, selecting wide-dispersal fragmentation grenade barrage."

The mech swivels slightly and two smaller ports open on its chest, throwing out grenades in rapid succession each with a great *whump* of compressed air. The grenades arc towards the defenders, exploding on contact and showering the area with anti-personnel fragments.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »

Higan aims his twin plasma pistols at the mech, try's to identify its weak spots, fires at the mech (At its weak spots if successful at spotting weak spots), then spins behind the wall near the door, higan also throws the metal ball bearings.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2010, 10:05:09 pm »

Higan aims his twin plasma pistols at the mech(1), try's to identify its weak spots(2), fires at the mech (At its weak spots if successful at spotting weak spots), then spins behind the wall near the door(3), higan also throws the metal ball bearings(4).

Higan gets four dice this round. Split them between attack and defense dice and I will roll them once all actions are in for round 1.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2010, 10:09:16 pm »

Joshua realizes that his teamates were waiting for him to do something. He took the controls and steered for the nearest airlock on the ship tha wasn't the one from before.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2010, 10:11:28 pm »

1 attack
2 attack
3 defense
4 defense
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2010, 10:15:23 pm »

Joshua realizes that his teamates were waiting for him to do something. He took the controls and steered for the nearest airlock on the ship tha wasn't the one from before.
I'm trying to understand. Your team's ship was already docked at an external airlock... did you just undock and fly to a different one?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2010, 10:16:24 pm »

I thought we took off...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:55 pm »

Jedidiah flips the controls to manual..  the rest of his crew stunned by the action before them. " We are out of here guys." Jedidiah back the ship out of the damaged dock..   the thought of blasting the helpless ship passes through his mind.  It made sense.. but, Jed never did like the impersonal nature of ship to ship hostilities.  Much better to see their eyes.

Skimming the light craft over the skin of the Roanoke, spacial relations stain as 'x' and 'y' blur into a horizon hard lit by the distant sun... Jed searches for a external airlock.
This was the last post about the ship moving, to which I responded:
Meanwhile, back in the hold...

The other team's ship powers up and exits the hold. The nearest external airlock is a few decks up, and at your request, automated systems extend a docking collar. You easily maneuver into hard-dock with the lock and get a green light on the pressure seal. Your ship is showing breathable atmosphere in the collar.
So your ship is currently docked to an external airlock, and has been for a while. Nobody has yet exited the ship.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2010, 10:21:13 pm »

Oh...
In that case, I get out of the ship and enter the Roanoke.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28