Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24417 times)

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2010, 11:41:44 am »

((Team 2 reporting in.. I have been here..  reading.. I am just not flying our ship.. not much I can do))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2010, 11:45:27 am »

((Team 2 reporting in.. I have been here..  reading.. I am just not flying our ship.. not much I can do))
You guys have a few options. The most expedient would be to hard-dock to an external airlock.

Note: I'm being generous and helpful the first round of play because it's the first round. Normally when I run this game, people die.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2010, 11:47:36 am »

I fear for my NPC skill jockey friend. And for me.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2010, 11:53:58 am »

Jedidiah flips the controls to manual..  the rest of his crew stunned by the action before them. " We are out of here guys." Jedidiah back the ship out of the damaged dock..   the thought of blasting the helpless ship passes through his mind.  It made sense.. but, Jed never did like the impersonal nature of ship to ship hostilities.  Much better to see their eyes.

Skimming the light craft over the skin of the Roanoke, spacial relations stain as 'x' and 'y' blur into a horizon hard lit by the distant sun... Jed searches for a external airlock.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2010, 11:57:32 am »

Hmm... what to do... what to do...

I guess I'll just have to wait for the others...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2010, 12:01:04 pm »

This time you hear: "Biological contaminant located. Engine room three has been placed under biohazard quarantine."

Also, you notice a beeping sound from the not-so-damaged robot your NPC picked up. The uplink module, which was still glowing with a small red light, clicks off and then back on with a green light. One of the arms moves up and reaches into the hole your bullet made. It jiggles around inside for a moment and you hear a *Fzzzt!* as sparks fly out of the hole. The whole robot jerks slightly and then stands up. It takes no offensive action, but pulls the arm from the bullet hole. A speaker on the robot crackles, warbles, then emits a recognizable human voice, "Guys this is Phoenix. This fucking ship man, this ship... I came to hide out here and maybe take out whoever was chasing me but this ship.. it's alive man! It's fucking alive! It's trying to kill me... I think I offended it or something. You have to help me..."

You hear some kind of high-pitched buzzing sound over the speaker, followed by automatic fire. The voice returns, "Shit they're coming through. I had to trip the biohazard alarm to shut the doors but they're cutting through. Shit shit shit... guys come on. Even prison is better than this! The ship is the one who broke the lift, she's not letting you get off that deck. You have to look around for a manual override! Don't use anything tied to the ship's intelligence, she's fucking crazy man! Damn they're coming again... I think I can h-" the transmission cuts out, the uplink module clicks back over to a fiery red light and the robot charges Marcus. It is far enough away that you have time to raise your rifle and blow it away, where it lands on the deck in a smoking heap.

"Biological contaminant detected in crew mess hall. Escalation request entered into queue."

Meanwhile, back in the hold...

The other team's ship powers up and exits the hold. The nearest external airlock is a few decks up, and at your request, automated systems extend a docking collar. You easily maneuver into hard-dock with the lock and get a green light on the pressure seal. Your ship is showing breathable atmosphere in the collar.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2010, 12:08:24 pm »

Marcus frowns at the new development. The ship was alive? Phoenix had accomplices? He pushes the thoughts from his mind. More hostiles were coming.

"We gotta move out." He gets up, grimaces a bit, but makes to leave immediately.

((since the rest of my team isn't on, can they just go on AI and come with us?))
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2010, 12:13:16 pm »

I would rather let them make up their own minds. Remember there's no reason to rush really. I don't want to 'AI' them into a situation which could get them killed and then have them get upset or something.

Besides, what would we do if you got into a fight without them around?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2010, 12:14:04 pm »

Alright... gonna go to sleep. be back in 8 hours! :3

Let's just... keep at the mess hall for now. wait for the others to come.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2010, 12:16:56 pm »

You could always decide to go alone too.  ;D

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2010, 05:09:24 pm »

Did we hear the PA?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

Did we hear the PA?
You mean inside your ship, in the vacuum? No...

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2010, 05:45:35 pm »

Oh yeah, no sound in space...
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2010, 10:32:59 pm »

higans back!

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit..." higan swore provocatively as he paced back and forth.
"I freaking knew it! As soon as marcus told us of the killer robots i KNEW something was up with the AI..." Higan takes out a toothpick and sticks it in his mouth as a replacement for a cigg, much more healthier that way...
"Phoenix is or... rather WAS, to re-program the computers..." Higan stops pacing and looks at the others.
"I guess we best get moving before we are trapped in this hell hole fighting off thousands of little droids... I just hope that bitch (refering to AI) hasnt modified the big robots yet... Otherwise we are TRUELY screwed..."

Higan pulls out his two plamsa pistols out and holds them in his hands.
"... How are we going to get out of here though? the way we came is pretty much destroyed and i doubt those bastards from the other team are going to help us... 'specially after we almost destroyed their ship... And didnt phoenix say that the elevators are pretty much screwed? I just hope there are stairs in this place..."

Higan checks his pistols one last time and starts following marcus.
"Well, lets go... No point wasting time 'round here..."
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2010, 11:18:01 pm »

Yay! Other people!

Let's go go go! Run from ze robot menace!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28