Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24429 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:44 am »

Aside: Sorry it took me so long, doing some work online. :)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2010, 09:26:33 am »

Marcus advances, continuing to lay down a field of withering automatic fire, the 6.5mm bullets creating a cacophony.

Miria, on the other hand, stays a ways behind Marcus, letting her friend take care of the brunt of the forces. She never was good at fighting.

half to attack half to defend.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2010, 09:34:33 am »

Marcus advances(1), continuing to lay down a field of withering automatic fire(2), the 6.5mm bullets creating a cacophony.(3)

Miria, on the other hand, stays a ways behind Marcus(4), letting her friend take care of the brunt of the forces. She never was good at fighting.

half to attack half to defend.

Alright, you get 4 dice.

Marcus Attack Dice: 2, 3
Marcus Defense Dice: 6, 6

You are in the zone, blasting bots back out of the room. Their ranks are thinning noticeably now, and only a few remain inside the elevator lobby. One bot, equipped with magnetic pads on its feet, runs up the wall surprising you and then leaps across your chest slashing with a buzzing circular saw blade. The blade bites deep, causing 1 wound to Marcus.

Round 3 ends
Minion threat rating: 3
Spotlight conflict ends - play resumes.

The shipboard intelligence's voice comes over the PA, "Maintenance routine failure, discontinue program. Escalation request in queue." Every robot still standing suddenly bolts for the nearest vent. One burns through the vent grating and the rest begin filing in orderly. You get a few more as they flee, blasting them apart, but after a few seconds no robots are left in the area.

Well done, you survived the first encounter!

Surveying the wreckage, you notice that every single robot had one of those uplink modules installed. Some of them are still functional, each with a single glowing red light slowly pulsing.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2010, 10:51:04 am »

Marcus grimaced, feeling the pain of the slash across his chest. The adrenaline running through his veins from the fight began to fade, and the pains only grew more evident. He slumps to the ground, assault rifle clacking as it falls on the shiny floor.

"Shit..." he growls. Miria rushed over to him, her eyes growing wide at the splatch of red on Marcus's chest. "I guess combat armor isn't so good at stopping sawblades... heh heh..." With Miria's help, he gets up again.

"We need to get outta here. The computer said something about escalation. That doesn't sound good."

"Wait a minute." Miria picks up one of the not so damaged bots, presumably to study in the relative safety of the mess hall. "We'll also need to get you some first aid..."

((How injured is Marcus? is it life threatening or anything?))
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2010, 11:00:20 am »

Not so hurt that it will impede his movements. Some quick first aid will reduce the cut to an annoyance, but keep in mind that you can only sustain 3 wounds.

To actually heal the wound you'd have to find some kind of medical facility, or rest for a week or so.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2010, 11:01:15 am »

I begin to worry about team 2 as they haven't... done anything. I did ask for players who were going to be active. I understand that things come up from time to time, but they could at least let me know.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2010, 11:03:57 am »

Just know that I, Acanthus117, will remain with you till the end!

or if i die!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2010, 11:05:40 am »

I take it you're enjoying this then? I was a bit nervous about trying something so elaborate over the forum.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2010, 11:08:12 am »

Alright, Marcus and Miria attempt to patch up Marcus's chest wound.

Conversation in the mess hall:

"Ow ow ow ow!"

"Stop being such a crybaby!"

"Look, did you get your chest slashed by a killer robot?"

((Yes, I am loving this! It's not so elaborate when you compare it to stuff like TRIBES or something.))
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2010, 11:15:16 am »

There are enough supplies around the galley and mess hall that you can find makeshift bandages and there is actually a small first aid kit on one wall, along with some emergency breathing units in case of decompression. The kit has a needle and thread you could use to sew the wound or just put some antibiotic ointment on it and bandage it. There are no modern medical aids in the kit however, as it was not meant to treat trauma cases or anything involving large wounds.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2010, 11:17:49 am »

Alright, utilize the first aid stuff. sew stitches, put on antibacterial stuff. it wouldn't be good if I suddenly keeled over from some godforsaken virus or something!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2010, 11:21:47 am »

Indeed, considering biohazard IS one of the events on my table.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2010, 11:25:33 am »

Hmm... I wonder why the ship is so hell bent on destroying anything biological... And the mess doesn't have any more rations... mebbe there's something nasty? OH GOD SPACE ZOMBIES

So how's first aid going?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2010, 11:33:49 am »

Sorry, eating and forgot to put that part in. You dress the wound and it feels much better, you won't be hindered too much though it does still hurt from time to time. The damage to your armor is minimal.

The PA comes on with that same female monotone, "Escalation request canceled, biological contaminate detected in engine room three. Maintenance team report to engine room three."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2010, 11:39:56 am »

Marcus opens his eyes at the sound of the PA

"There still might be a survivor! Damn it, how can we get to engine room three?!"

((I bet that's a survivor. I don't think he/she will make it... we can't even get there...  :-[))
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28