Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24434 times)

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2010, 05:39:34 am »

I would just like to say that I've been busy today (yesterday?) and will be for the next ~12 hours.

That's precluded me getting to put any serious thought into this, but don't think I've forgotten.  If you want to move on and do important stuff, feel free to move me on autopilot for now.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2010, 05:42:20 am »

Okey, all the shit on this ship is creepy, so I don't trust this... maintenance team. wait for them to come, but with weapons drawn and safeties off.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2010, 06:14:34 am »

You decide to wait for the team alone. The timer counts down the three minutes in silence...

Spotlight Conflict begins.
Active players: Acanthus117

All other play is suspended until this is resolved.

Next post will have the description and start.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2010, 06:17:05 am »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOGOGM

SPOLIGHT ENCOUNTERS YO

IM SO FUCKING EXCITED

yes. I am really that excited. :D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2010, 06:26:13 am »

You hear a clanking sound suddenly, which seems to come from the ceiling. It sounds like hundreds of metal legs running across a metal deck in synchronized fashion.

Moments later a hidden hatch in the ceiling opens and you see that's exactly what it is. A few dozen small bowling-ball sized maintenance robots have dropped out of hatches in the ceiling and begin advancing towards the elevator lobby. Something is wrong though... these robots don't have the normal array of tools you'd expect for someone coming to fix a computer. You see circular saws, modified plasma cutters, and very-sharp-looking bladed weapons on the ends of their arms.

They advanced to the lobby door and pause, forming a semicircle. The shipboard intelligence's female voice speaks again, "Maintenance issue located: Foreign biological contaminant. Resolution: Removal or destruction of contaminant. Initiate programmed instructions."

As one, the robots surge forward. They are horrible coordinated, never get in each other's way, and seem to be moving with a single mind and purpose: to 'remove' the two human 'contaminants' in the room.

Begin conflict
Dice pool max: 4
Minion group threat rating: 8 (I'm feeling generous, even if you did wander off alone on a spooky deathship of doom)

Keep in mind that both you and I can call on Fate. If you call on fate, you will be granted the maximum possible success for your action but will add 1 to the Doom counter. If I do so, it will decrease the Doom counter by 1.

Doom counter is currently at 0.

Round 1 - You may post your first narration

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2010, 06:28:04 am »

Oh and I forgot to mention, you may act with your NPC as well but remember she does not enjoy the same rules as a player. She may only roll at a trait rating of 2 for anything, and has only a single wound.

I would advise you to re-read the rules on fighting minions before you post, as she may want to hide.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2010, 06:31:50 am »

In a minion battle I will do some narration for the minions, but I do not roll any dice. Damage from minions comes from their autodamage. Keep that in mind, as they don't actually have to hit you but you still need to defend.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2010, 06:35:55 am »

"Damn! We got company!" Marcus raises his M4A3, and fires at the maintenance robots. Miria gets behind him, and attempts to shoot any that he misses. The quiet hallways of the Roanoke burst into life with the sounds of automatic rifle fire, with a few fzzts and zaps as Miria gets behind Marcus and fires off a few shots once in a while.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2010, 06:42:21 am »

"Damn! We got company!" Marcus raises his M4A3(1), and fires at the maintenance robots(2). Miria gets behind him, and attempts to shoot any that he misses(3). The quiet hallways of the Roanoke burst into life with the sounds of automatic rifle fire, with a few fzzts and zaps as Miria gets behind Marcus and fires off a few shots once in a while.(4)
This narrative gives you four dice for Marcus. How many would you like to assign to attack and defense?

The first few conflicts will be slow as we get used to the rules, but it will get smoother.

And to clarify, are you having Miria engage the robots too? She will get to roll as well, at trait rating 2, but recall that minions deal 1 wound to anyone engaging them. This is their only source of damage, as they do not actively roll against players. This means that if she fails to defend against that point every round, she will take damage. She has only 1 wound available, so the 2nd will result in a Coup de Grace on her.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2010, 06:48:39 am »

okey,  1 and 2 are damage, 3 and 4 are defense.

Eh... yeah, I'll make miria fight. She's just an NPC.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:28 am »

okey,  1 and 2 are damage, 3 and 4 are defense.

Eh... yeah, I'll make miria fight. She's just an NPC.
Very well.

Rolls:

Marcus Attack Dice: 2, 1 (Two successes)
Marcus Defense Dice: 3, 6 (One success)

Miria Attack Dice: 6, 6 (No Successes)
Miria Defense Dice: 2, 4 (One Success)

Marcus, your aim is true and every shot hits a robot sending shards of shattered metal and plastic flying around the room. One of the small robots attempted to leap onto your leg but you manage to shake it off and kick it into the wall where its casing cracks and some smoke escapes with a *Fizzt* before it lies still.

Miria is too shaken to actually hit anything but she manages to stay safe, ducking behind the console.

Round 1 Ends
Minion Threat Rating: 6
Round 2 Begins

Please post round 2 narrative and divide action dice into attack/defense.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2010, 07:01:04 am »

Marcus continues to fire at the robots, kicking those that get too close. Miria just keeps her guard up.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2010, 07:46:07 am »

Marcus continues to fire at the robots(1), kicking those that get too close(2). Miria just keeps her guard up(3).

You get three dice this round. Split between attack and defense please and I'll roll em.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:53 am »

1 is attack 2 and 3 are defend.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:25 am »

1 is attack 2 and 3 are defend.

Results:

Marcus Attack Dice: 1
Marcus Defense Dice: 4, 4

You manage to evade all incoming bots while taking out a few more in the swarm. Their numbers are dwindling under the sustained fire, but can you hold out?

Round 2 ends
Minion Threat Rating: 5
Round 3 begins

Post your narrative and dice split.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28