Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24439 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2010, 03:05:12 am »

Marcus clumsily pats Miria's shoulder, and follows Jackson to Phoenix's ship. Miria calms down and follows them to the ship, pistol drawn.

"I don't like this, Marcus. It's getting colder... Do you think that the airlock is slowly disengaging?"

"I have no clue." Marcus didn't really waste time with talking. Marcus begins to search the ship for anything, while Miria attempts to access the ship's datacores.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2010, 03:08:27 am »

"Tooooold ya'..." higan talks into the com while he heads back over to his ship.
Higgan grabs the other items he had in stock and now walks back over to phoenix's ship.

"I suggest we head up the elevator wherever it may go and get out of this before it becomes freezing or sub-zero temperture..."
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2010, 03:12:31 am »

The ship is empty of any personal effects. You find its flight log which shows it fleeing the Imperial prison planet Maia and coming directly to this ship. Phoenix didn't make any log entries, which the shipboard intelligence describes as "very peculiar". It's been chatting since you came onto the ship, commenting on everything you do.

"You'll find nothing in there, Mr. Phoenix left nothing behind. He was a very quiet man, hardly spoke on the way out here." And on and on in that fashion. This strikes you as odd, shipboard intelligences aren't normally this chatty unless they're told to be...

Higan: You see the thermal readings from Phoenix's ship start to rise. You think the engine core is starting to overload. It's small, but it will give off quite a thump.

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2010, 03:17:14 am »

Jackson shouts for the team to get clear of the ship and runs for cover.

"This job is getting to be a real pain in the ass!"

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2010, 03:17:56 am »

*Higan fires a shot at roughly where he assumes the AI's core is*
"...Shut up..." Higan puts the pistols back into his holder then slowly gets off the ship while saying.
"Everyone off, engines rigged to overload... May be small but i assume itll give off quite a thump.. I suggest we get on the elevator and up..."
Higan now heads to the elevator, for cover/going up...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:22:52 am by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2010, 03:23:16 am »

You clear the craft as a high pitched whine emits from the back half of the transport as the power core begins burning fuel without regard for safety constraints or power requirements. The engines flame to life suddenly at full power, pushing the ship forward slowly across the deck with a metal-on-metal screech as the landing legs drag. The fuel boom is ripped from its socket and more fuel sprays across the hull before the shutoff kicks on.

One engine flames out and the other burns brighter, the ship flips over from the uneven thrust and rolls before impacting the hold's wall. Engine shielding has turned molten and is pooling on the floor, smoke is filling the hold rapidly.

Are you all getting on the lift?

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2010, 03:24:40 am »

Yeah, I think it would be wise to get clear of ouch town.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2010, 03:26:51 am »

yes, we're going to the lift. run run run!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2010, 03:31:47 am »

*should already be on the lift...*
:P

(Oh and p.s. Can i make simple traps for the other team to trip on, or what ever is out there...?)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:33:53 am by silhouette »
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2010, 03:34:28 am »

Your team gathers on the lift and it starts to rise painfully slowly.

The second engine on the transport flames out, now cherry red and sagging under the heat. You've never seen engine casing flow like liquid before! Bright coppery pools of molten metal are collecting along the wall.

Fire suppression systems kick in and arms swing down from the ceiling, taking aim over the ship. They are ridiculously inadequate for this task however, and the foam spray is consumed or boiled away almost immediately. You hear a somber female voice say in a measured tone, "Alert. Fire in the cargo bay. Fire suppression failed, emergency venting initiated. All crew, clear the cargo bay."

A blast door ratchets shut below you as the lift clears the cargo bay, and you are plunged into silence again. The air here smells scorched from the heat which escaped before the door closed. At least it is marginally warmer.

The lift rises smoothly up the transit shaft and stops. You hear a soft chime, and the doors open. This looks like a mess hall, with long rows of tables and bench seating. You see a galley in the back and doorways which lead out to hallways. The place is quiet and dark, once again lit only by what you brought with you. It smells like noone has been here for a long long time.

---

The team is now split. Three people remain in the cargo hold, which is now vented of all atmosphere and sealed. They will deal with that when they start playing. External cargo doors are open, and small red emergency lights are flashing. Fire suppression goo is EVERYWHERE, making the deck slippery and treacherous. The wreck of Phoenix's ship smolders against one wall of the hold.

The neat and tidy maintenance area has been blown into disarray as the air was evacuated from the hold, and the pile of bodies are no longer present, having blown out with the atmosphere. The tarp remains, caught on a stray console.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2010, 03:34:56 am »

(Oh and p.s. Can i make simple traps for the other team to trip on, or what ever is out there...?)
If you'd like to do something which you don't want to post here, feel free to PM me.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37:11 am »

Alright, Miria and Marcus sweep the mess hall, examining possible exits, anything useful, etc. but without leaving the hold.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:43:44 am by Acanthus117 »
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2010, 03:39:06 am »

"Well that was enough excitement for a while."

Jackson investigates the mess hall, looking for any signs of habitation, however recent it may or may not be.  As always, his shotgun is at the ready.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2010, 03:41:44 am »

"Man im glad i brought my goggles..." Higan says as he filters through the available types of vision, scanning around the room(A barely adequete night vision, normal or above thermal, electromagnetism thingie, normal and a very weak x-ray.)
Then fixes it so one eye is night vision while the other is thermal...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:45:49 am by silhouette »
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2010, 03:44:43 am »

The mess hall itself is clean and tidy, once again looking like a dozen maids had just straightened up bare minutes before you arrived. Nothing is out of place, not a single chair is out of line.

The same cannot be said for the kitchen. It looks like someone ransacked the kitchen for anything edible and didn't bother cleaning up behind them. Foodstuffs are strewn about, bags of spices or baking powder ripped open. A single very lonely looking cleaning bot is slowly sweeping some baking powder into a bin at it's side. It does not seem to notice you, or if it does it doesn't seem to care. This is the first animate thing you've seen since boarding the ship. It moves very slowly, as if low on power but determined to clean the mess.

Higan, you see no unusual energy sources. The robot is barely giving off any heat, it must be operating on very low power settings.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28