Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24425 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2010, 02:38:50 am »

Weilding both plasma pistols at the ready, higan walks up to jackson, but stays a few meters behind him with both pistols pointed at the tarp, just incase something trys to escape/attack.

"Heh, no worrys, ive been in groups with a few people like that..."

(AAAAND thus i remove that tag in profile options... this post was suppose to be before yours forsaken... but oh well... carrying on like it WAS before yours...)
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:25 am »

Jackson examines the bodies closely for cause of death and identification.

"Say, has anyone checked out Phoenix's ship yet?  And why is that other team just sitting there?"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2010, 02:41:35 am »

Marcus grabs the plasma cutter and stows it on his belt. Hearing Miria scream, he sprints to her. Miria backs off and attempts to calm down.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2010, 02:44:20 am »

As the tarp is pulled aside, it reveals a pile of mostly frozen corpses. Their expressions are peaceful, as though they just lie down for a nap and then someone carelessly heaped them in a corner and covered them with a tarp.

Indeed, it seems most of them wear cryostasis jumpsuits. You have here approximately 15 colonists who look like they were removed from cryo without thawing and dumped in the hold, along with 3 bodies wearing crew uniforms but no rank, so civilians or corporate employees. The crew bodies are not frozen, but they do not look fresh either. They are remarkably well preserved for as long as they must have been sitting here, with no sign of decay or putrefaction.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2010, 02:45:45 am »

"Prehaps they are drugged?" says higan in refernce to the other team...
"Or they will attempt to theif the body off of us once we have done the full work..."
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2010, 02:46:51 am »

Jackson examines the bodies closely for cause of death and identification.
The colonists died when they were removed from cryo improperly, this is obvious. The crew... you have no idea. There are no external wounds or bruising, and they have not begun to decay yet this ship was lost 3 years ago, they must have died quite a long time ago.
"Prehaps they are drugged?" says higan in refernce to the other team...
"Or they will attempt to theif the body off of us once we have done the full work..."
Indeed, the 2nd team has remained in their ship as yet. This may be a wise move, you think, now that you see the bodies heaped here.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2010, 02:49:36 am »

Higan takes photos of the bodies faces to cross refernce later on to check if there may have been any stoaways, which might go to help solving the mystery of this ship...

"...Getting kinda chilly... i like chilly..." Higan says as he checks his suit for leaks.
---

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2010, 02:50:20 am »

"I don't like this at all.  I mean, what good is a corpse if it only leaves more questions?  Follow me, let's search Phoenix's ship.  I'd give these folks a proper burial, but I have the feeling that they've already got themselves a pretty grand tomb, and we're only in the antechamber."

Jackson keeps his shotgun ready and moves to Phoenix's ship, watching any weapons that may be able to threaten him.

"Have that cutter handy, we may need to force our way in."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2010, 02:51:56 am »

The only two ships in the hold are yours and the 2nd team.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2010, 02:54:29 am »

Inside the forward dock is another ship, a small, unarmed, mid-range transport of modern manufacture which the computer identifies as the ship Phoenix stole.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2010, 02:55:48 am »

Whoops, I'm out of it. Sorry. It's been a long day between work and school. :)

You approach the small transport. It looks like an unarmed civilian model.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2010, 02:56:58 am »

Higan turns on the thermal setting on his goggles and scans around the docking bay...
---

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2010, 02:59:40 am »

Jackson switches his comm to peg normal hailing frequencies, and takes a position to the side of the main entryway:

"Phoenix, open up and give it up, I don't want to sit around in this frigid meat locker any longer than I need to, and I'm not leaving until I have your head, with or without the rest of you!"

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2010, 03:01:38 am »

"... Why would he position himself in his ship and simply wait for us to come? Especially since this craft has no weapons..."
Higan continues to scan the dock.
"Our best bet would be that he is in the control room, he is the one who most likely scanned us on the way here..."
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2010, 03:02:52 am »

Higan turns on the thermal setting on his goggles and scans around the docking bay...
You get thermal readings from your own ship, the other team's ship, the three of you standing in the cargo bay, the small ship Phoenix stole to get here, and from the fueling booms which are still extended and plugged into both ships. The rest of the cargo hold is cold as a tomb and getting worse. Your breath is frosting the air now.

Atmosphere still reads good pressure, breathable mix. CO2 percentage has risen slightly.
Jackson switches his comm to peg normal hailing frequencies, and takes a position to the side of the main entryway:

"Phoenix, open up and give it up, I don't want to sit around in this frigid meat locker any longer than I need to, and I'm not leaving until I have your head, with or without the rest of you!"
The ship's on-board intelligence acknowledges the hail and opens a channel automatically. "Mr. Pheonix is no longer on board this vessel. He has disembarked 12 hours prior to your arrival. If you would like to leave a message, I would be happy to hold it for his return," says a cool, mechanical male voice on your comm.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28