Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24349 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Setup Phase - Signups Complete
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 02:32:09 am »

You said in character creation that we cannot start with anything useful, right? Will this be changed if we start out as bounty hunters? what's a bounty hunter without BOOLIT DISPENSORS
I didn't say you can't start with anything useful, I said the starting equipment has no gameplay effect. It's all there for roleplay and flair. You can start with anything you like which makes sense for your character concept, including bullet dispensers.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 02:33:23 am »

by BOOLIT DISPENSORS i meant guns.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 02:33:52 am »

Sorry.. quick question to the group. Should we be Bad Company or bounty hunters- will we be shooting everything that moves?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 02:40:36 am »

Only if they're hostile and non essential. If we're EVUL then we just pwn 5k colonists which may or may not be turned into Necromorphs. I'm getting serious Dead Space vibes over here. a whole colony ship, just gone?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 02:44:11 am »

by BOOLIT DISPENSORS i meant guns.
Yes I picked up on that.  ;)

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 02:44:52 am »

Between the two I say Bad Company.  At heart the good guys, but achieves everything through unorthodox methods (usually the direct approach).

I guess Bad Company as applied to the setting:  We are a bunch of misfit Imperial agents, recruited from various backgrounds, who normally don't get the good jobs because there's usually a lot of collateral damage.  However, we manage to catch on to the trail of the Roanoke (which is a publicly acknowledged happening?) while on another mission, and get caught up in the mystery.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 02:46:31 am »

Remember, the point of this game is over-the-top wire-fu type antics, descriptive narrative and dramatic roleplay. In the movies a guy with a sword can be as deadly as the guys with guns, because he's the hero of the story. You guys are the heroes of this story, and if you bring a sword to a gunfight, deflect the incoming rounds with a spinning sword maneuver, leap over a stack of crates and charge at the enemy to slice at his chest then you do it, and it's effective. Well assuming you roll successes or invoke fate. :)

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 02:53:09 am »

This is a tough choice.. while I am imagining Space Station 13-type antics trying to get a damaged ship operational in Investigators/Salvage, I am going to vote Bounty Hunters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 03:02:26 am »

So you all agree? You're a bounty hunter team chasing a bounty target, and you have tracked his ship, possibly by bugging it with a tracer of some sort, to the wreck of the lost CSS Roanoke.

Unless I miscounted, I saw a majority vote for the bounty hunters.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 03:05:06 am »

Yes! I liek this!

Wait, can we be separate bounty hunters, all racing to the ULTIMATE PRIZE OF ULTIMATE AWESOME? or should we be one badass team of badassery?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 03:09:18 am »

Yes! I liek this!

Wait, can we be separate bounty hunters, all racing to the ULTIMATE PRIZE OF ULTIMATE AWESOME? or should we be one badass team of badassery?
You don't have to know each other previously. If you'd like to have some extra tension in the game and the possibility of doublecrossing and backstabbery, I'm fine with that. Perhaps a political prisoner has escaped the Imperium and has a massively disproportional bounty on his head, one which could make any one of you rich beyond reason.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:33 am »

I'm already typing out my character. I'm struggling on whether it should be a he or she. I don't know why...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 03:23:48 am »

.. separate bounty hunters ..
Either way we do it, I would prefer to be teamed up with someone at the start.
Initial character concept is an ex-Imperial navy engineer. Found a niche in the bounty business, offering support through his broad technical skills.
Again, I don't know Bad Company, but maybe something like Private Sweetwater.

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 03:29:36 am »

Sweet, I'm on The List.

Before I make my character, do we want a team or a bunch of individuals?  Each has their draws--I think ultimately individuals would be more fun as long as people are OK with the potential for backstabbing.  I have nothing invested in the character right now, and we can always form a team later.

Also I was going to do something like Sweetwater, but then I decided to change since we were going bounty hunters.  Possibly something like Jet from Cowboy Bebop.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 03:31:40 am »

Initial character concept is an ex-Imperial navy engineer. Found a niche in the bounty business, offering support through his broad technical skills.
Again, I don't know Bad Company, but maybe something like Private Sweetwater.
Sounds very cool.
Sweet, I'm on The List.
Yeah I realized I'd forgotten to add you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28