Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24346 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:07 pm »

CSS Roanoke
Round 1

Hello, I have decided to try my hand at running a forum game which I have been kicking around in my head for a while. I will start round 1 with 6 people, as this is a test run only and I may alter things as we go along to streamline play or simplify/clarify rules. Please read the rules carefully prior to signing up, and I really need 6 people who will be at least semi-regularly active (Minimum 1 post per day) for the first run to keep it moving along.

The game will be based on the Wushu roleplaying system, and the Roanoke RPG. It will take place on the starship CSS Roanoke, a privately owned deep space colony ship which was built for the purpose of transporting 5000 colonists and several thousands of tons of equipment to a habitable world far out on the galactic rim, near unexplored space. Unfortunately the Roanoke never arrived at its destination, nor was any sign of it ever found by the Search and Rescue team dispatched along its projected course. Space is big, and it's easy to get lost out there. It has been missing for two years, and you're going to board it.

You five will play a crew which has come into possession of information regarding the location of the CSS Roanoke. What your team's goal is will be up to you. You could be salvagers, hoping to pull some expensive parts off the ship and make a quick buck. You could be pirates hoping to loot family treasures left from those aboard. You could be an Imperial investigatory team charged with determining the cause of the ship's disappearance and ascertaining possible illegal activity. It's up to you, and you will vote on this and discuss it once all 6 of you have signed up and have begun making your characters.

Character creation will begin once the group has agreed on a team concept, so that all players may create a character which is appropriate for the team. If you all decide to be imperial investigators you would not have a nefarious pirate on the team, for example, without a damn good reason. Teammates have the right to veto a character concept. If someone calls for a veto, he or she must state his reasoning and then the team must vote. Majority vote wins, for or against, and if the character is veto'd then that player will have to decide on a new concept.

That said, setting settled, I will now explain the rules. If you are familiar with the Wushu system you will know most of this. If you are familiar with the Roanoke RPG you will know most of this. I still ask you to read through it and ensure that you understand what you are doing.

Current Players:

Spoiler: Yarnspinner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 100killer9 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: silhouette (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acanthus117 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dyjeccu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Himmelhand (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:27:51 am by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Tone
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:55 pm »

First, it is important to understand what this game is about and what the tone will be. For that I will include the section on tone from the Roanoke RPG. Please keep this in mind when posting. I do not want this to be crazy-silly time or 'lul i got a lzor pistol pewpew'. Serious roleplay, get in your character's head. This game is rules light and RP heavy, please take it at least a bit seriously when composing your posts. Most of this applies, though this game will be sci-fi themed.

Spoiler: Tone (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:29:55 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:11:21 pm »

Now, on to the rules!

The first thing you should know is that for round 1, I will be rolling all dice. Not because I don't trust you, but because it's the simplest solution and I want round 1 to be simple and snag-free. We can modify the game as we go to streamline it or make it more fun.

Spoiler: Character Creation. (click to show/hide)

Be warned, this section is pretty dense.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:36:07 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Epilogue and Incentives
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:36:59 pm »

What happens when we win?

Spoiler: Epilogue (click to show/hide)

And last but not least...

Spoiler: Incentives (click to show/hide)

Some gameplay examples...

Spoiler: Examples (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 10:24:09 pm by forsaken1111 »

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Signup Phase - 0/5 Registered
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:45:50 pm »

Alright.. I am game.. I have a broken leg, and can't do anything but sit on my ass with a laptop.

-IN-

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:42 pm »

Alright.. I am game.. I have a broken leg, and can't do anything but sit on my ass with a laptop.

-IN-
Excellent! I was afraid it was a bit too involved for a forum game. Sorry about your leg, what happened?

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 11:48:37 pm »

-IN-
Excellent! I was afraid it was a bit too involved for a forum game. Sorry about your leg, what happened?
Drunk driver t-boned me..  spiral fracture.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Signup Phase - 1/5 Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:50:04 pm »

Ouch, hope they got the guy.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 11:51:26 pm »

In.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 11:52:24 pm »

In says i.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Signup Phase - 3/5 Registered
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 11:54:38 pm »

Added you both. Signups going faster than I though.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 12:24:54 am »

I want in! Mmm... Sci-Fi....

A question! are gunpowder weapons considered obsolete in this world? I would like to use one... :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 12:35:57 am »

Sounds like my thing, forsaken1111-- I'm game. I am new to Wushu system.

Team concept- I suggest Imperial investigation, with a twist. Their mission is not only to determine the cause of the CSS Roanoke's loss, but also recover her if possible (And surviving colonists). A small supply of repair material and spares are brought in the event they encounter damage- which should be enough to get her moving again with some work.

Consider the following Team composition ideas-- Imperial officer, engineers and scientists (Power, environmental, medical, structure, propulsion, etc), pilot, security.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 12:40:58 am »

If so, I wanna be a merc dude who's in it for WEABOO FIGHTAN MAGIC money and the thrill of combat.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 12:43:47 am »

Yeah, it is hard to come up with concepts without tech level information.. 

Are we supposed to come up with possible group ideas?  if so.. here is a idea.  Kinda inspired by an old ass movie The Ice Pirates 1984 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28