Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24328 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #390 on: April 01, 2010, 11:58:13 pm »

First aid box contains the usual supply of emergency bandages, burn cream, antibiotic ointment, and a few new supplies like stimulant patches which will wake someone up from shock or trauma. Nothing which will restore a wound but will certainly dull the pain.

As an aside, usually in this game system you have no option to heal at all because the entire point is the survival-horror setting. Survival-horror isn't so scary or hard if there are health packs lying around everywhere.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 02, 2010, 12:11:49 am »

Jedidiah follows the other humans down the corridor cautiously.  People he could deal with..  but, automated death machines was not something that he wished to ever face solo.  Introducing himself as he moves in behind to carry the weight of the Higan's opposite shoulder..  JJ says,"Heh, I don't know why yas are here.. and I mean yas no harm, If we did we woulda' blasted your ship while it sat in dock.. maybe the same payday as us?  Combine arms?"

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 02, 2010, 02:57:56 am »

"Hmm, sounds almost liked Deus ex'd that machina back there.  You guys do know that we're all hosed for the time being until we find out what happened to Phoenix, and make sure that we have an escape route.  What all do we know at this point in time?"

Jackson follows the others to Medical, ready for any threats, robotic or otherwise, along the way.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 02, 2010, 03:37:40 am »

Marcus slaps on a patch, letting the pain relievers work their magic. Bullet wounds always made him cranky, and listens to the others talk. Miria attempted to make conversation with him.

"I knew that I should've taken that preliminary med course. Hehe..." She stopped when Marcus didn't respond. Miria decided that the best course of action right now was to talk with the newcomers. She strode up to Jedidiah, her hand outstretched in greeting. "The name's Miria. That guy over there's Marcus. Thanks for saving us, I don't know what would've happened if you didn't come in time!"
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #394 on: April 02, 2010, 03:41:44 am »

Alright, I assume you are taking the lift to the medical deck?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2010, 03:48:58 am »

Yeah, pretty much.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #396 on: April 02, 2010, 04:16:48 am »

If one of you decides not to go, that's fine just let say so.

You enter the lift and press the button for the medical deck. The lift starts moving but the computer's voice comes over the lift speakers, "The medical deck is currently being investigated for possible biological contamination. Please do not enter the medical deck."

When the lift arrives, the doors open. The hallway is clean and nondescript except for a horrid stench coming from somewhere which you cannot immediately identify. Down the hall you see doors marked "medbay" and "cryogenics".

You see no sign of the security robots which you thought were headed here, which is a bit puzzling.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 02, 2010, 08:00:19 am »

"Guys, the stench is from rotting bodies in Cryogenics. I'm going to assume here that this ship's AI is a bit wonky from that death mech. It must have shut down the cryogenics lab to kill all the humans. You really can't enter. Why don't you guys go and see?"
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:36 am »

Miria raises an eyebrow. "A bit wonky? It tried to kill us... several times! I'd say it's batshit insane, if you ask me." Marcus just makes to go to the medbay, his rifle out and ready.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 02, 2010, 08:57:08 am »

"Does anyone need medical attention?" Joshua asks. "I'm not a doctor, but I know a thing or two about treating wounds..."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 02, 2010, 08:15:19 pm »

"... What the hell... Do i look alright to you?!" Higan says harshly, almost shouting to the newcomer...
"What kind of screwed up place did you come from where people in my current state are NORMAL!?!"

Higan stays in the middle of the group, to prevent back attacks and to hopefully be less damaged from the front if a fight ever does break out on the way to the medi-bay...

# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 02, 2010, 08:33:24 pm »

Miria suggests that Marcus is quite beat up, and so is Higan.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2010, 09:36:08 pm »

As the group nears Medbay, Joe pauses for a few moments..
'Josh, are you sure you got a good look at the cryo? ..all five thousands of the bastards.... damn. ...damn.'  Joe turns absently back to his handheld, attempting to locate those mecha.. and also the computer core.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 02, 2010, 10:57:48 pm »

"Go in if you want, Joe," Joshua says, "but we won't be able to go far without some protection against the stench.
Also, considering we have this medical bay, I'll fix Higan and Marcus... but if anyone has a first aid kit or something, I'd prefer not to enter the medbay. It seems like an obvious trap, and we should all heal before fighting it."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #404 on: April 02, 2010, 11:20:27 pm »

The lights on the medical deck dim for a brief moment before returning to their normal brightness.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28