Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24399 times)

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2010, 11:11:41 am »

Jackson sticks his head into room 3, avoiding the molten slag of the door.

"Well seeing as the computer probably won't like us using the lift, we'll have to find a manual access."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2010, 01:59:46 am »

"Well, crap..." Higan says as he shoots the rest of the electronics up inside.
"Dont want the computer to fix itself now..."

"Always hated AI's going rouge crazy... Hate their programmers even more..." Hig says as he just follows the group with weapons ready.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:28 am »

In engine room 3 you see more battle damage near the entrance, as well as a spatter of blood across one wall and a dropped automatic slugthrower which has expended all of its ammunition. No robot wreckage, no body.

From outside engineering you hear a *Whump* *Whump* *Whump* coming down the hallways in steady rhythm, almost like very heavy footfalls.

"Escalation request accepted by human advisor. Security asset deployed to engineering level."

(This is your chance to prepare or create a defensible position or escape somehow. Remember, this is cooperative storytelling. If you wanna do something, do it. I'm not likely to veto unless it's stupid or game-breaking.)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2010, 08:12:24 am »

VERY quickly scan the room in all settings.
Then Examine the room and try to find any metal that doesnt look too important to our survival.
If successful, higan uses his mechanical powers to remove the metal and make some scrap metal. (if not simply use the scrap metal in inventory)
Higan then sets up a baracade near the door by twisting the metal together.
higan also creates metal balls used to trip things up (Sorta like marbles)

After this higan gets into place
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2010, 08:41:17 am »

Your preparations are fine Silhouette but you have more creative freedom than that. For example:

"Higan does a quick scan for anything unusual then starts stripping nonessential metal plates and other scraps from the consoles and desks in the room to form a defensive position near the door. He then removes handfuls of metal ball bearings from the chairs and dormant engineering armatures, readying them to be thrown out and create a slippery field of metal balls."

For Higan's preparation I'll give each character a +1 to a single defensive roll, one-time use in the fight. You may use the +1 after seeing the roll results, just tell me you'd like to do so.

Anyone else?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2010, 09:04:37 am »

Yeah i was wondering to what extent i can go...
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2010, 09:22:33 am »

Any extent really, so long as you remember it has no effect on mechanics unless I say so. Hell you could hit a button on your wrist-computer and set some beacons, teleporting in defensive turrets if you wanted. This game system is all about cooperative storytelling and crazy over-the-top action by the heroes.

Example, last game I ran I had a ninja player who never posted where he was. When combat broke out, he'd leap out of a nearby garbage bin/bush/tree/vent and start fighting and then vanish again at the end. It was pretty funny and I had no problem with it.

I don't even have a map of the ship, I'm making up 90% as I go along depending on what you guys do.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2010, 10:06:12 am »

Example, last game I ran I had a ninja player who never posted where he was. When combat broke out, he'd leap out of a nearby garbage bin/bush/tree/vent and start fighting and then vanish again at the end. It was pretty funny and I had no problem with it.

Oh god... now i want to do that...
Heh.
So making traps is fine?
If so can i do another post for making traps? or do i have to wait for the next preperation.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:09:39 am by silhouette »
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2010, 10:19:45 am »

You can do whatever you like until I start the conflict. Like I said though, most of what you do will be to give you options for more description in your narrative. The more details in your narrative each round, the more dice you get to roll. If you look back you'll notice that one round during the last fight Marcus only got 3 dice due to a shorter narrative.

I won't always give mechanical advantages for preparation, but anything you do now will help you later in describing cool effects and stuff as you attack. For example instead of simply shooting, maybe you make a makeshift explosive which you rig to a detonator using a wireless card stripped from one of the consoles, so one of your rounds you could, instead of attacking with your gun, toss the makeshift explosive near the enemy and detonate it. It's all about your imagination and description, nothing is fixed until we describe it.

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2010, 05:51:28 pm »

What other stuff is there in the room(s)?

Chemicals, tools, spare parts, etc.  We can jury rig a lot of stuff depending on what's available.

Also my posts may be extremely sporadic the next couple days, I'm out at a convention thing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2010, 06:19:45 pm »

What other stuff is there in the room(s)?
You're not paying attention. You decide what's in the room. I told you it's a large room called main engineering, so if you want to use something you think would be in an engineering room then it's in there and you can use it.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2010, 09:04:41 pm »

prehaps we are too use to old style Dming... lawl...

Ok if WE decide whats in the room, this is going to be fun next time :D
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2010, 10:07:47 pm »

prehaps we are too use to old style Dming... lawl...

Ok if WE decide whats in the room, this is going to be fun next time :D
Yep, I give you general guidelines but I'm not going to draw up an inventory of every single item because that's no fun and a bit stifling.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »

ponders that team 2 must be the worst bounty hunters ever. or the most laziest, as they just sit in their ship and wait... nothing else... wait...
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2010, 07:41:56 pm »

What's going on guys? Did you lose interest already?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28