Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24405 times)

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:27 am »

Himmelhand has nothing resembling a reasonable or steady schedule lately, yay!

"I told you not to trust the robots.  Let's get down there and finish this off quick.  Since we apparently can't get back to the ship the easy way and all.  If we could do that, I'd say just blast this whole place to kingdom come.  In fact, we should still do that once we're out of this.

Here's what I think the plan should be: Try to reach Phoenix and get a hold of him if he makes it that long, then find an airlock and blast it open.  We can move along the outside of the ship to reach the cargo hold and escape.

Also of note: the AI appears to be aware of its limited resources, since it called off the attack on you.  Perhaps we should make it aware that it will be more costly for it to oppose us than ignore us.  Break anything that could be an essential system and all that, so it has to focus some of its capabilities on repairing itself.  Perhaps a trip to wherever the main computer is would be worthwhile.  Also, it may decide to take extreme measures, so be prepared to fight with the life support system against us as well."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2010, 05:51:34 am »

Marcus nods, and makes to follow Jackson.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2010, 07:44:55 am »

As yet the only way you know off this deck is the lifts at the end of each hallway, so I presume you're taking those.

They are in good order and lead to:

Bridge
Engineering
Recreation
Cryo/Medical

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2010, 04:04:59 pm »

"First priority is getting to Phoenix, since he's the whole reason we're here.  Let's hit engineering first, then probably the Bridge to try and disable some of the ship's capabilities."

Jackson waits for the rest of the party at the lift before activating it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2010, 05:30:59 pm »

(Unless there are some objections I'll proceed on the assumption that you head to engineering then. If some of you want to go elsewhere just speak up.)

The lift happily takes you up a few levels to engineering. It opens to a large room labeled "Main Engineering" which is lined with consoles and it looks like it has been through a war. There are scorch marks from plasma weaponry and bullet holes from slugthrowers, but there are no bodies or debris of any kind. There are 4 exits from this large room, three of them are marked as engine rooms 1-3, the last exit is marked "Repair/Maintenance Bay". The door to engine room three has been cut through by some sort of torch and is sagging against one wall, still glowing with heat. The door to the maintenance bay has been welded shut and is inoperable.

Lastly, you see a large display on one wall which has not been harmed. It has a great red eye displayed on it, which turns to 'look' at you as you enter.

"The engineering deck is under quarantine. Please vacate the engineering deck." says the ship's AI in that chilling female monotone.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:31 pm »

"Alright, so how about we take that other team hostage when they capture Phoenix, and we steal him from them?"
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2010, 07:12:25 pm »

You don't know that we're getting Jackson.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2010, 07:20:52 pm »

Yeah, at this point Team 2 hasn't seen anything nor do they know what's going on. In fact unless I missed something you're still sitting in your ship, now docked to an airlock.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »

No they left the airlock and went flying off to space never to be seen or heard from again... lawl...

-----

Higan filters through his sights again in every direction, scanning every possible place...

Lastly, you see a large display on one wall which has not been harmed. It has a great red eye displayed on it, which turns to 'look' at you as you enter.
Higan uses his voodoo magic (a.k.a mechanics/enginerring) to take apart the display, and hopefully find a way to use the electronics inside... (Thats if, he spots nothign with his scan)

Higan sighs, "I wanted to go to re-creation or cyro/medical first... that way we could have picked up medical supplies and see if anyone was still alive in the cyro pods..."

"But there is no point in splitting up unless we want to die..." Higan exlaims as he pulls his pistols out, and puts himself in a combat ready state of mind.
"So... where we goin'..."
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »

(disregard my earlier post...)
"Why are we leaving the bounty, guys? We can't just sit here. What if the other team is here to help Phoenix with his getaway?" Joshua said, distressed.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:13 am »

"Well we don't get the money unless we get Phoenix, and I think he's got a pretty short shelf life at the moment.  I say we breach engineering and do what we gotta do.

Computer, I think it would be best if you un-quarantined the engineering sector, or else we will perform a 'manual override.'  We don't have to be enemies."

Jackson waves to Marcus and points at the welded door: "Pull out that plasma torch and weaken this door, then I'll put some explosives on it and we can get rolling.  That's assuming he's behind door number 4, instead of number 3.  Anyone want to hazard a guess otherwise?"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 12, 2010, 12:42:21 am »

Marcus nods, and pulls out the plasma cutter.

Miria decides to assist Higan with the computer.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #267 on: March 12, 2010, 03:04:10 am »

sorry... busy with school again. x.x

More to come, don't worry

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #268 on: March 12, 2010, 09:42:20 am »

Ok, gotta get some sleep but quick update. Darn life getting in the way of fun.

Team 2 continues to sit, docked to the side of the ship.

Team 1 has entered engineering. Higan scans around the room with his goggles and picks up thermal readings from the battle, and from where something burned through the door into engine room 3 (which noone has looked into yet btw...). Nothing on the more exotic bands except you're picking up a LOT of comm traffic from the maintenance room with the welded door which your buddies are cutting open.

The computer does not respond to your quip except to repeat the simple request that you exit the quarantine zone immediately, as there is a biohazard alert in progress. It informs you that proper procedure would be t--

At that point Higan rips out something that looks important with a triumphant "Aha!" and the display and voice both go dead. Higan, it looks like an ordinary display monitor tied to the ship's main computer systems. In fact when you reach back in it gives you a nasty shock through a wire you're sure was dead a minute ago.

Moment later the PA system crackles to life and the ship's monotone female voice says, "Monitor failure in main engineering. Biological contaminant in main engineering. Maintenance team respond to main engineering for biohazard cleanup. Level two cleaning protocols authorized."

Marcus: You are cutting into the door with the plasma torch, and it is not going well. Someone has reinforced the other side of this door with the same plating used on the exterior of the ship. It is a very dense alloy which dissipates heat quickly, so the plasma torch is making extremely slow progress. You estimate this could take several hours.

At this point you guys have a bit to discuss and prepare, as I am going to sleep.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2010, 10:30:59 am »

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

great job breaking it, silhouette. now the ship's gonna send DEM BALLZ to kill us now.
I don't think your blast charge will do much, Himmel. or will it? Hmm... I suggest we GTFO or at least find a defendable position. I don't want Marcus turning into chunky salsa now. ;_; I would be sad.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28