Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24334 times)

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Signup Phase - 3/5 Registered
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 12:49:45 am »

..interstellar slavers..
What slaver would not love the chance of recovering 5K colonists in cryo? Sounds like easy money.

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 12:57:06 am »

I'd like to join this, I think.  Sounds interesting.

I like Dyjeccu's idea, personally.  I'm a more Lawful Good kinda guy, so that's where I would vote.  Assuming I'm part of the party.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 12:57:25 am »

A question! are gunpowder weapons considered obsolete in this world? I would like to use one... :D
Nah, good old gunpowder weapons aren't obsolete though they may be out of style. They still pack a good punch.

Team concept- I suggest Imperial investigation, with a twist. Their mission is not only to determine the cause of the CSS Roanoke's loss, but also recover her if possible (And surviving colonists). A small supply of repair material and spares are brought in the event they encounter damage- which should be enough to get her moving again with some work.

Consider the following Team composition ideas-- Imperial officer, engineers and scientists (Power, environmental, medical, structure, propulsion, etc), pilot, security.
Sounds good to me. You guys will have to come up with the team composition and objectives, I wanted that to be completely open as I always hate arbitrary constraints on my roleplay due to the setting or rules.

Yeah, it is hard to come up with concepts without tech level information.. 

Are we supposed to come up with possible group ideas?  if so.. here is a idea.  Kinda inspired by an old ass movie The Ice Pirates 1984 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm fine with that too, if you'd like to play a group of slavers. It's all in good fun, and so long as noone violates the forum guidelines about explicit or vulgar material I'm game. Not that I mind such things myself, but this is a public forum and those are Toady's rules. :)

And yeah 5k sleeping colonists sounds like a slaver's dream.

You guys can even come up with how you came across the information. You have acquired somehow a small long-range courier vessel as the coordinates were quite a distance away from the nearest settled planet or station. You brought whatever gear you brought, though nothing ridiculous such as "I brought a hypercube which contains a crystalline space-time matrix which, when the button presses, unfolds into normal space. This matrix contains three death stars and a taco stand."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 01:01:06 am »

I'd like to join this, I think.  Sounds interesting.

I like Dyjeccu's idea, personally.  I'm a more Lawful Good kinda guy, so that's where I would vote.  Assuming I'm part of the party.

Hmm, the last two make five, and I wanted this first run to be five members so there would be no voting ties. I suppose I can allow a 6th but that's it and I'm cutting signups off at this point and declaring that we're now in the Setup phase. I will adjudicate any vote ties this round.

You guys need to agree, or at least get a majority voting for, one of your team concept ideas and then we can make characters.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Setup Phase - Signups Complete
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 01:14:18 am »

I am game with either..  if Dyjeccu's idea gains support.. it's all good..  I am pretty flexible..  let's throw some more ideas out there.. 
    -Political refugees who hijacked their shuttle on the way to a prison planet, ran out of juice.. this 'object' on the long range scanners the only hope of life support? 
    -Hmm, maybe, Rogue scientists bent on a breeding stock for outlawed genetic manipulations?   
    -Imperial Investigation Candidates hacked their teacher's 'top secret' laptop, finding the source of possible adventure (younger slant)?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 01:22:48 am »

I'm with Dyjeccu on the Imperial Investigators thing, although I would like to have the security be supplied by contractors, something like those Blackwater guys.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 01:27:54 am »

If you'd rather keep it at 5, I'm fine with that.  It's a perfectly good reason, and it's your game.

The following is under the assumption that I have a vote:
Dyjeccu's option is still my first choice.  With regards to Acanthus' post, I would prefer a more "Cowboy Bebop" feel.  With the rough and potentially vulnerable but plucky heroes.  Either that or Bad Company.

For another slant, we are Imperial Tax Auditors, and we always get our man (money), even if that man happens to be a long lost ghost colony ship.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 01:35:04 am »

Bad company is more what I'm thinking. I used the wrong name when I was writing that post. Ehh, forsaken, can we get more information on the world? I want to know where my stoic mercenary dude is from. You can't make a character without a world!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 01:38:52 am »

I'm with Dyjeccu on the Imperial Investigators thing, although I would like to have the security be supplied by contractors, something like those Blackwater guys.
NPC mercenaries are a possibility, though be warned that they won't be anywhere near as effective as the player characters and are unwilling to take excessive risks. Likely they will expect a cut of whatever you find if you have them take what they determine are 'excessive risks' and things could get ugly if they don't like what you find.

Ehh, forsaken, can we get more information on the world? I want to know where my stoic mercenary dude is from. You can't make a character without a world!
I have no idea, make something up. :) Feel free to borrow from other sources or make some stuff up completely. I am here to facilitate your gameplay but the story is yours. Pick a name you like for your planet, describe the planet, suddenly that planet and its people exist in the setting. :)

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 02:05:11 am »

Imperial Tax Auditors .. always get our man (money), even if that man happens to be a long lost ghost colony ship.

Bounty hunters, tracking the damaged ship of our target (who is quite resourceful) to the derelect..

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 02:10:33 am »

Imperial Tax Auditors .. always get our man (money), even if that man happens to be a long lost ghost colony ship.

Bounty hunters, tracking the damaged ship of our target (who is quite resourceful) to the derelect..
I switch my vote to this one!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 02:14:00 am »

..Bad Company..
I am not really familiar with the reference.
Battlefield: Bad Company?
Four military misfits; Leader, pilot, hacker, demolitions?

Also-- currently watching Ice Pirates-- excellent!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:15:32 am by Dyjeccu »

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 02:18:26 am »

So Forsaken, just to be sure, am I in or am I out?  I don't want to assert myself if it'll bog down the game.

Battlefield: Bad Company?
Yes, that's what I was thinking.  Military misfits, but can kinda be shoehorned into any (semi-)official role.

In the mean time, I think we need to establish a list and each put our vote in for one.

Current suggestions:
Imperial investigation/salvage(2*)
Slavers(1)
Refugees
Rogue Scientists
Eager Young Cadets
Tax Auditors
Bounty Hunters(1)

2 votes not made.

*1 vote may or may not be valid
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:21:16 am by Himmelhand »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 02:20:17 am »

I can work in anything you guys can think of, so it's not a problem. Just watching while you decide. :)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 02:27:56 am »

You said in character creation that we cannot start with anything useful, right? Will this be changed if we start out as bounty hunters? what's a bounty hunter without BOOLIT DISPENSORS
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28