Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No caravan  (Read 577 times)

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
No caravan
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:57:24 pm »

It has been 18 months since my embark and I still haven't seen a single caravan. The liaison has come every 6 months as usual, but not a trace of a caravan. I have all the tags in my civ (Using an unchanged kobold camp) and a depot with wagon access.

I have no idea what the problem could be, do you guys have any ideas?

I have 12 bins of deer skull totems to sell but no where to sell them.

No immigrants either. 25 months...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:42:32 pm by Bishop36 »
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Re: No caravan
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 02:05:01 am »

In un-edited Kobold Camp,  they Kobolds don't use wagons nor do the Goblins, so that's why you don't have wagons.   But if you're not getting trader 'bolds at all, well not sure about that to be honest, you sure you have access at the edge of your screen for the ... wait you said the liaison shows up too.... 
Hmm weird, do you got lots of wild animals running around on your map, the donkey-dragging 'bolds tend to run from them.   

another thing I've seen tested and mentioned is if you have a river bisecting the entire 3x3 (if you stuck to that size) whatever side you wagoned on, you need to put the depo on, or build a bridge, not sure on brooks I don't think it works the same way but it might be a weird glitch.