Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: speed tag  (Read 602 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
speed tag
« on: March 03, 2010, 06:21:00 pm »

namely, for dwarves. Where is it? I've looked through most of the raws and can't find it  >:(
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McPicard has entered a martial trance!
    • View Profile
Re: speed tag
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:27:24 pm »

This should be in the modding section, but here:

[SPEED:0]  but I'm not sure its in the raws
Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 06:28:34 pm »

ctrl+f?

It should be in the standard creatures file, IIRC.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »

Most creatures, including dwarves, don't have the tag; they default to 900.

0 is the absolute minimum, which makes your dwarves move ten times faster than default.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 06:38:01 pm »

Most creatures, including dwarves, don't have the tag; they default to 900.

0 is the absolute minimum, which makes your dwarves move ten times faster than default.

Keep in mind that the rate your dwarves pathfind will also increase, causing some lag. Your dwarves will still move much faster in real-time, of course, but your game might seem a little more choppy.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 07:03:09 pm »

Oh so my problem was that it wasn't there. sweet thank you all, +Dwarven Ale+ for everyone! I'm not leaving it there long, just to dig stocks and then I can turn it off.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.