Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boiling Rocks  (Read 604 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Boiling Rocks
« on: March 02, 2010, 05:35:39 pm »

How do I Mod rocks to boil away when I dig them out (Too many rocks produced currently)?

Is it simply adding:

[MELTING_POINT:10001]
[BOILING_POINT:10002]

How do I make these tens of thousands of rocks go away?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boiling Rocks
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 05:41:24 pm »

I normally progress only very slowly because I mine one 'plan' out, get rid of ALL the stone, and only when that's done start mining again.

But it's extremely timeconsuming.
You can also dump your stone in magma/quantum holes/chasms/garbage-disposal-dwarf-atom-smashers.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:42:48 pm »

I normally progress only very slowly because I mine one 'plan' out, get rid of ALL the stone, and only when that's done start mining again.

But it's extremely timeconsuming.
You can also dump your stone in magma/quantum holes/chasms/garbage-disposal-dwarf-atom-smashers.

Yes neato, but I just want them to boil away when I dig them out if possible, given that I want to mine out literally tens of thousands of square tiles.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:48:43 pm »

I'm sorry, I forgot to add that part to my post.

Just add [BOILING_POINT:0] and they should instantly boil away.

There could be the side effect of having this happen to all items made of stone as well, though, but I'm not sure about that.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 06:43:45 pm »

Cool, will that flash freeze my dorfs? :)

Please don't quote me.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 07:21:07 pm »

Cool, will that flash freeze my dorfs? :)
Yes, yes it will.

Add [MELTING_POINT:0] instead; the stones will instantly melt to goo, which your dwarves will come and clean up using the cleaning labor, or they should also disappear at the next change-of-season. [BOILING_POINT:10000] should also be safe and will make the stones simply vanish into puffs of gas unless you're in an unreasonably cold environment.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:57:09 pm »

I generally use 10000 for the melting point and 10010 for boiling. There's a massive FPS stall as you unpause, then there's some slowness as the boiling fog disappears... and then your FPS picks itself back up, grabs a tux, and does a spiffy dance. Though keep in mind everything made of whatever stones you apply this to will also boil away - the only things that won't are b-C things. With that in mind you might want to selectively leave certain stones to be dumped rather than boiling them to avoid losing tons of stuff (inc. masterworks) and starting a tantrum spiral. Of course, if you know you'll be taking the boiling path from the beginning, you can just build everything from a separate stone type that you don't boil to avoid this entirely.