Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Civ Rise - The Beginning  (Read 5556 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Civ Rise - The Beginning
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 10:28:02 pm »

Turn of the Beniamino

At long last, there is a glimmer of hope for our people. Upon this day we began construction of permanent homes, instead of sleeping in the open jungle as easy prey. The peoples of this jungle, the Beniamino, have decided that they will make their stand. No matter what comes our way, we will survive and thrive. In time, we will look for other peoples of other Jungles, ones who need our help in surviving. A nation of peacemakers we shall someday be, but for now, we must build.

-Actions-
*A force of 15 children and 10 elderly shall sharpen rocks to use for tools.

*A force of 10 children and 15 elderly folks shall attach the rocks to the ends of sticks (using vines) to create shovels, simple axes, and saws.

*A force of 25 women shall look into weaving vines and other fibers into stronger ropes and mats.

* A force of 25 men will use saws to clear the surrounding land.

* A force of 25 men will use the created lumber to create sturdy dwellings for our people.

* A force of 16 women will explore nearby lands. 4 will go in every cardinal direction.They will take axes, and hunt for food as they explore. What they have left will be used as food until farms can be plowed.

*A force of 9 women shall begin plowing (with shovels) some of the land cleared that is not occupied by housing. Hopefully the explorers find an edible plant that we can farm.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 10:41:34 pm »

Chronicles of Khymmeria

Women.

Women play an imporant role in the society of Khymmerians. 10 noble women are members of the Leader's harem, but at the same time they are sages and advisors. They also participate in a "Sting of Scorpion", a prayer-ritual which is very important for the tribe.

Also they are considered to be better in scouting and traveling than the men, because their bigger water-sacks allow them to travel further and with less amount of water.

Spoiler: "Khymmerian Woman" (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 11:24:51 pm »

the problem with that is that it will reveal your location to the other tribes and their location to you. you will have to find each other in this game, when exploring unvisited non adjacent regions the explorers will have to survive their journey and return before the area is officially revealed. If you stumble onto another tribe I will contact said tribe and they will deal with them as they see fit. telling the other players what they did would be up to them.

where you are is Area 1. This part of the game "The Beginning" will end once all of you have met. and the map will be posted. Im guessing at about 10-12 turns until you start figuring out where everyone is.

you may add in this first year a mundane fanciful flora and and fauna if you desire that is native to your home location. for specific anything, is fround upon, everyone starts with nothing. magical stuff will have to be found, and if you expressly search for them where none exist it will have been a waste of a turn for those individuals.

@Deon: love them lady lumps

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 11:41:54 pm »

The cold harsh wind blew across the mountain. The tall silver suit of armor standing at the peak of one of the mountains didn't move. An eerie hollow sound whistled through the snowy landscape as the air moved through the hollow metalic form.

Another suit of armor, this one slimmer and rounded at the chest walked up behind the other. Her movements were slowed by the extreme cold, but determined.

Neither Durhan said anything for a great while, as the silver male gazed out over the landscape below with hollow globes of green light in the darkness of his plumed helmet. The female in light red waited until the silver turned to regard her. "The hunters seem pleased with the new location." Her voice echoed within her shell, but still loud enough to hear over the roaring wind. "They have found great white bear, snow fox, soaring condor, and even a rare cliff deer."

"The greens say that the forest below on the eastern range will provide many plants for absorption, and the miners have already been prospecting the ores and stones in these mountains."
The red durhan continued, rattling off reports from the different durhan craftmasters when the silver didn't respond. "There was also a report of a large snake like creature the length of a fully grown pine tree, but I expect some of that may be speculation."

"We will be ready to expand here nicely, then what happened at the origin will...
She was cut off as the silver statue finally moved, and began walking down from the snowy peak. Emitting a blast of air through her furred helmet, she moved to follow.

At the snowline, Silver stopped to absorb some of the chemicial liquid the cook armors were brewing from shrub bark. It had a high energy component, and a magical aura that fit the tastes of the living armors. He was by far one of the tallest Durhan, a suit of armor created from the first enchantment from inert arms for a species of humanoids called the Kel. A giraffe-human blend that served the old human empire as scouts and runners. He could feel echos of material memory from that ancient time before the world reverted to the state it is in now.

The basecamp "Armory", was set up at the snowline and claimed little more than a group of several stone rings the Durhan had moved into place to designate cultural and personal hearths. No fires yet burned, but firewood was on the list of items to gather, and each group looked forward to warm meals and a safe shelter. While the freezing wind and sub zero temperatures did not do deathly harm to a Durhan, it slowed them down. Frozen metal became brittle and there had been some fractures already that had to be ignored until a fire could be made to heat the metal and forge it anew.

Silver finished his bark tea, and headed down the mountain to try and obtain his own quota of foodstuffs for the day. At least this way, he could avoid Red, and her never-ending list of reports and petty information that needed his approval. Until food and building materials were gathered, and basic storage facilities for both resources and Durhan alike built, nothing much else mattered.

actions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

long term goals:

Research:
Animal Husbandry, taming and training wild animals for food and profit.

Well the map view is an issue, but in the long run it's acceptable for me to allow it(in my game anyway). It would be easy enough to just save your layered map, then crop to selection for each civ before saving to .jpg. And reverting to the layered save for each map area. At least that is what I would do with the maps split up that way, up to you how you want to do it though.

you may add in this first year a mundane fanciful flora and and fauna if you desire that is native to your home location. for specific anything, is fround upon, everyone starts with nothing. magical stuff will have to be found, and if you expressly search for them where none exist it will have been a waste of a turn for those individuals.

Going with the giant white snake for my fauna. Maybe the coffee like bush bark for the flora, if that's ok with you, if not just feel free to ignore. Oh and the cliff deer mentioned are just mountain goats
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:47:14 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 11:53:05 pm »

I am ok with us knowing where each other is, we can just pretend that TRIBES don't know.

Metagaming is already here, in points and numbers, so we may want it to reduce by a proper roleplay.

And I like the idea for us to be ablt to make up local flora and fauna, it will help us to shape the tribes and the culture.

@Deon: love them lady lumps
Yeah, survivability is the main goal :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 11:58:18 pm »

One free fauna? I choose you, cannabis sativa! It is the taxa of cannabis that grows huge, contains half as much THC as the average plant, and produces a bounty of seeds that are highly nutritious. The fiber-y stalk is used in the modern world as rope making material.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 12:41:57 am »

Extra Flora: Cucumbers ftw.
Short-term goals: Immediate survival and a resonable supply of food.

Spoiler: "actions" (click to show/hide)

Cucumbers. Cucumbers. Me like Cucumbers. As me see cucumbers lying around this place, Me shall declare this place the home of the Kapais.
More Cucumbers. More Cucumbers. Me like more Cucumbers. More shall roam around to feed me, as me shall eat more cucumbers.
The other shall not eat cucumbers. They shall eat fish. If they no have fish, me shall be good and share my cucumbers.
Me see many cucumbers. Me want to store them in my house.
Me see Kapais strong. Me shall make them stronger with sticks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:30:56 am by evilcherry »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:19 am »

*tosses some cucumbers in the Kappa pond and waits for his power berry* :D
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 02:33:10 am »

The four figures ran quickly through the night. Their arms weren't quite long enough to go on all fours, but they nonetheless managed a sort of gallop using their available limbs.

The weathered rock barely slowed them down, and they shifted from horizontal to slanted movement without pause. Their hands and feet quickly found and grasped the necessary holds, and they found themselves atop the vaguely flat surface of the outcropping. They slowed their pace at this, crawling nimbly on all fours, sniffing at the ground. Svac, the de facto leader, moved immediately to the plant that grew in the center.

Satisfied that there was nothing else of value, the others joined around the small weed. Svac licked the plant once, then curled his tongue around it and pulled it into his mouth. He crunched once, twice, then shifted it in his mouth. Another half-crunch, and he spit out two tiny flowers, then finished eating the plant. Another poked and sniffed the flowers, but quickly agreed with the leader- they weren't edible. A third dug his fingers into where the plant had been. He felt moisture, but not enough- whatever water was here was as transient as the plant had been.

"Good plant?" one asked.
"Decent," Svac replied. His tone made it clear that it was not a delicacy.

One abruptly clambered down the side, and another took this opportunity to stand upright and make a series of booming hyena giggles into the night air. A response came a few seconds later. From the direction, Svac could tell the other group was ahead of them, though not by much.

The deserter scurried back up, informing the rest that the alcove he had spied and investigated contained only the faintest hints of moisture- perspiration from the air.

Svac looked around, and pointed to another outcropping. They scurried down the rock and began running across the broken ground. Another rock, another edible plant.  Perhaps the next one would be better, but they knew it unlikely. Treasure was valuable because it was rare, after all.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 08:39:54 am »

I'd like wild wheat growing in the area for my mundane plant. It can be used to make bread or beer, making it perfectly dwarfy.

My civilization will wait to move underground until after inventing metal digging implements.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 08:44:28 am »

My mundane plant (well not plant but whatever) is a specie of cave fungi which are abundant in the Cavens. They can be eaten and their dense mycelia may be woven into a cloth (especially when combined with cave spiders' silk).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 06:57:09 pm »

Just waiting on you, ed boy.

And my fauna will be essentially a buzzard the size of a large dog. Not big enough to ride, but at the upper limit of what you could carry on your back. They sometimes place their wings on the ground to act as forelegs, especially when screeching menacingly at something on the ground, and they're one of the few creatures big enough to try to scare Saar away from carrion, rather than vice versa.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 02:24:07 am »

ed boy still has time, I'm really enjoying reading the flavor each of you are putting into your tribes. The Saar really gave a feel of desperation in the desert and the Duran story made me feel cold. maybe its cause my fan is on. the Kaapa seem fairly ADD, I look forward to the inter-tribal diplomacy stage ;D

I've been suffering horrible migraines since Wednesday, but they seem to be subsiding so hopefully I will be in number crunching mode when we get ed's response.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 05:26:20 am »

OK, you said something about hunger and points.

Please show the formulas of food consumption, gathering and storage so we could plan our food orders.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 09:37:08 am »

That would ruin the fun, I think. Trial and error is the way forward!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6