Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Civ Rise - The Beginning  (Read 5552 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Civ Rise - The Beginning
« on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:12 pm »

Civ Rise

This is a Tribal type game inspered by My Hystory class is awesome and TRIBES - a prehistoric tale of prehistoric people doing prehistoric things

This is an RP game, but it will depend mainly on your your specific annual goals. This means that a good RP will help you along but be sure to finish your turn post with a spoiler listing out your goals for that year and which individuals will be dedicated to those tasks so I don't overlook any. The more people working on something the higher chance and faster it is completed. there is chance for random events to shake things up. These random events could be natural disasters, non player tribes popping up, etc.

Your tribe consists of 50 men, 50 women, 25 children, and 25 elderly.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Turn schedule is 1 day. The year will end when everyone has posted their turn, but at midnight of the following day of turn start the year will end regardless of post and your tribe will simply continue their last stated goal, even if this means they sit around doing nothing and starve. Turn ones deadline is a bit longer but will still end once all registered players have confirmed their turn.

So here starts ...

Civ Rise - The Beginning

May your people grow strong, and rule this land as you see fit.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:04:06 pm by Bloogonis »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: Civ Rise - The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:49 pm »

Current Tribes
Code: [Select]
The Towering Cliffs of Sparkly Tables
  Location: Flat level landscape with a small river and loose clustered tree growth,the region is bordered by mountains to the west.
  Appearance: Short in Stature, Heavy in Build, and bearded. =DF Dwarves=
  Quality: Uninteresting
Durhan
  Location: A rough snow caped Mountain range with a melt water stream trickling down the eastern slope feeding into a lush forest. to the west is an arid landscape of dry cracked earth.
  Appearance: Tall in Stature, Heavy in Build, Tough as nails... Literaly =Armor Animatus=
Beniamino
  Location: A tropical Bamboo forest bordered by a rushing river to the north is an expansive grassland
  Appearance: medium in Stature, Extremely Light in Build, =Bamboo Stickmen=
Saar
  Location: A rocky Badlands populated by Mesas and steep ravines, to the west is an abrasively salty sea, to the northwest is a craggy and sparse woodland.
  Appearance: Tall in Stature, Light in Build, Long limed =Saar=
Kapai
  Location: A soggy wetland , to the north is a tropical Bamboo forest, to the south is a glistening ocean, to the west are shear cliffs
  Appearance: Small in Stature, Light in Build, Webbed feet and hands =Kaapa=
Edtopia
  Location: Grasslands span in every direction. a shallow river goes through this land.
  Appearance: Medium in Stature, Medium in Build,  =People=
Khymmeria
  Location: Harsh Dry Badlands, to the south west is a blackened harsh smelling swamp
  Appearance: Tall in Stature, Medium in Build, Humped =Dessert Humanoids=
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:52:44 pm by Bloogonis »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 04:37:45 pm »

Would you mind awfully if I just reposted my previous tribe from here?? I could write something new, but it's an awkward time for me and I would have to wait until tomorrow afternoon before I could do it properly. I would vote for a turn time of 2 weeks/1 month.

EDIT: also, what things (like tools and buildings) are the tribes assumed to have?

EDIT2: also, I hereby reserve a spot to play.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:50:04 pm by ed boy »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 04:40:24 pm »

I wouldn't mind trying another one of these, but I have some questions, are we all only allowed humans? And is there going to be a map? or only text?

guess, count this space as a reserved player spot. :)

Ok, lets try this then:

race: Durhan(details on these peoples will come via rp posts as we go along)
starting location: mountain range with desert on one side, fertile forest valley on the other. with a small stream running down from the mountain down into the forest.

I'll add my vote for 1 day, with the goals being carried over, hopefully we won't need to wait much.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:19:33 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 04:46:29 pm »

@ed I dont mind you using that as a basis for future plans of your Civ, but the first year everyone starts out with a bare bones tribe, religion and cast structures will be added by a mechanism not yet stated for the "Oh snap! Shit just got real" factor.

The tribal entities will are made up of Peoplestm. these individuals can look and act however the player wants them to, they can interbreed whether the player wants them to, with genetic transference being under the complete control of the player. however by some parody of fate, no matter their aperance they have no greater aptitude then any other Peoplestm on their own.

edit @ed: they have no tools or shelter whatsoever at the start.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:50:44 pm »

what about domesticated animals?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 04:53:10 pm »

you start out with nothing, if you desire domesticated animals, you would have to have your tribe domesticate local wildlife.

Edit: oh and there wont be a map for at the start, this is so you are unaware of the other tribes locations. but after a while a map should grow out of the turns and will be added to the first post.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:56:05 pm by Bloogonis »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 05:08:20 pm »

I'd like to get in on this.

Locale: Lightly-forested plains at the base of a mountain, near a river.
Race: Dwarves, DF style.
Tribe name: The Towering Cliffs of Sparkly Tables.
Spoiler: Flag (click to show/hide)
Turn length vote: 1 day.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »

Alright that's two finished. minus the Durhan appearance. if you dont give one, it will be asumed that your Peoples are humanoid of medium height medium build (similar to humans). that said Peoples do not need to be humanoid or even have limbs if it is what you desire.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 06:16:14 pm »

What is a Durhan?

In short a durhan is a suit of armor, enchanted to move and act like a sentient being.

Durhan can come in many colors, the color and shape of a durhan breastplate usually determines both gender and main job purpose. Such as a light green feminine breastplate would probably mean a farmer or gathering female durhan.

Food and consumption: After leaving the control of the mage(or durhan) that creates them, durhans must constantly absorb or 'eat' something to obtain the energy needed to function. To do this, they put the food object through their helmets into the hollow of their bodies, where a flash of magical light dissolves it and stores it as energy to keep the body moving.

Reproduction: somehow during the durhan lifeline some of them learned that by sharing energy with a simple touch, they could form a new durhan using pieces of the 'parents'. This does not need to be a male/female pair, but it is custom to do so in emulation of biological life forms.

Children and Elderly: Time flows for durhan in much longer periods of time than other beings. However, new durhan still start out very small, and must use most of their food energy for body growth. Elderly durhan are aging creatues tinged with rust and lack of smooth movement.

Examples of durhan-like beings in stories and myth:
The Tin Man(wizard of Oz)
Alphonse Elric(FMA anime)

Wrote up a little blurb about my race ideas. :)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 08:53:19 pm »

I'll bite.

Tribe's Name: Beniamino

Tribe's Race: Bamboo Stickmen

Brief physical description of said race: 5 foot (~1.67m) tall stick figures who run quickly and enjoy races and other feats of agility. They are not hardy, but do well for themselves. They are generally a peaceful folk who enjoy creating crafts and sending them to other villages as gifts or trading tools. They prefer not to kill, but will do so when threatened.

A description of your starting environment: Near a river with jungle on one side and a wide expanse of open grassland on the other.

Deities: The Grand Flatfish
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:14:34 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 01:09:41 am »

Tribe: Saar

Description: Tall, almost emaciated humanoids, with unusually long fingers, limbs, and tongues, sharp teeth, and what might be considered claws more than fingernails. Skin is almost always stark white, while hair is usually the same but more prone to occasional light (some would say washed-out) versions of almost any other color. Eyes are usually vibrant red, with a fair minority of other bright, stark colors. Occasional colored whites or pupils the same color as the iris are not unheard of.

Location: Rocky badlands not far from the ocean and a forest, preferably at the location of an oasis or underground spring. Sandy desert dominates the other directions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 01:20:58 am »

and that makes 4, if Ed makes his some time later today we could start this Wednesday or Thursday. send me a PM or post here if you would want to start before tuesday. otherwise I am willing to wait.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 01:39:13 am »

Rolling in.

Tribe's Name: Kapai

Tribe's Race: Kappas

Physical Description: Short, frog-like amphibian humanoids with an apelike face. Have webs on its hands and feet. Have a variety of back coverings from scales to a outright hard shell. Unlike normal kappas, they do not need water on their heads; it might be due to a mutation. They are capable of remarkable agility and strength, but their intelligence is way off a normal human.

Description of starting environment: Freshwater swamps. They prefer to build their settlements mostly sunken into water as they are biologically speaking an amphibian. They could also be used as traps for fish or unsuspecting animals. Terrestrial buildings will also be built for meeting with traders.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 09:27:33 am »

here we go:
Spoiler: about the edtopians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: plans (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:34:58 pm by ed boy »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6