Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] No sound!  (Read 725 times)

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d16] No sound!
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:28 pm »

I am currently experiencing a problem with the sound from DF.  My 40d16 installation lacks sound completely, other than in the opening video.  Sound is turned on in the init.txt file, and volume is at 255; my speakers are on at a decent volume, and the Windows volume for the DF program is set reasonably as well.  In addition, adjusting any of these volumes does nothing to alleviate the problem.

Note: I have the Mayday tileset in this installation, and have modified the init.txt file, the raws for sand, and my worldgen parameters, but nothing else.

Any suggestions?
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] No sound!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 02:07:37 pm »

The sound files are stripped out of the recent Mayday packages.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 02:09:10 pm »

Maybe missing sound files? Look into x/data/sound folder. You should have 10 files, 4 with capitalized names.

If that's not it, I'm clueless :P

//Aaarrgh at you, random51! :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:52:09 pm »

Alright then, copying them over from another 40d installation should work.  Thanks!
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.