Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Games with construction  (Read 3906 times)

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
Games with construction
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:52:48 pm »

I know this is a stupidly hard request, but I have no where else to turn. I have two actually.

Looking for a specific type of game. With building elements or survival elements. Like Haven And Hearth.

The other would be a game where you can choose from a wide variety of classes, like warrior, mage, that kind of junk. But ALSO be able to play SIMPLE characters, like farmers, merchants, or craftsmen. Online preferably. If there are building elements in it it would be perfect.

Games checked off the list

Haven and Hearth

Ultima Online

Stranded 2

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games with construction
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:57:10 pm »

Wurm Online seems to fit that bill to a tee. Also, its fun, I'd play it, but, I'm not much of a community person.

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:59:43 pm »

I know this is a stupidly hard request, but I have no where else to turn. I have two actually.

Looking for a specific type of game. With building elements or survival elements. Like Haven And Hearth.

The other would be a game where you can choose from a wide variety of classes, like warrior, mage, that kind of junk. But ALSO be able to play SIMPLE characters, like farmers, merchants, or craftsmen. Online preferably. If there are building elements in it it would be perfect.

Games checked off the list

Haven and Hearth

Ultima Online

Stranded 2

Well.  If you have a lot of time, you can put this mod on an NWN module called UOAbigail's Crafting Mod.  And that will make NWN a game of that sort.

Course , it's a lot of work and such.  :|

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:02:57 pm »

I'm totally looking for a multiplayer construction game. Like Minecraft or whatever it's called, but with actual game mechanics.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 05:05:22 pm »

Wurm Online seems to fit that bill to a tee. Also, its fun, I'd play it, but, I'm not much of a community person.

Yes, but that game has been destroyed community wise.

Also, being able to open my own shop to sell things like crafts would be nice.

Me and my friend are dying to find such a game.

Hell, even a rogue-like in ASCII would do it for us I think.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 05:11:00 pm »

Yes, but that game has been destroyed community wise.

Also, being able to open my own shop to sell things like crafts would be nice.

Me and my friend are dying to find such a game.

Hell, even a rogue-like in ASCII would do it for us I think.

CowRP fits the bill pretty well, last time i played was 1-2 years ago it was pretty good, but people where A-Holes constantly broke into your house and stole anything you had lying around, the worst part...Moderators wouldn't do anything. You should be able to find it on BYOND if your interested (it's similar to Animal Forest)
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 05:12:06 pm »

I'm totally looking for a multiplayer construction game. Like Minecraft or whatever it's called, but with actual game mechanics.
Minecraft will.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »

Minecraft will.

Yeah, I'm really losing my faith in Minecraft nor do I have the patience for it.

The developer kind of rubs me the wrong way too. I knew him and he was too busy counting his money to work on Minecraft. This was before survival mode of course, so who knows.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »

URW - Survival rogue-like. Build houses, fences, traps, etc.
Free Realms - Kiddie MMORPG, but lots of crafting professions and the crafting is sort of fun with minigames.
SWG - Despise what all the pre-cu bastards say, it's still alright, not great anymore, but alright. Lots of crafting can be done and you can own houses and land.

I remember there was a harvestmoon-like mmo somewhere, but meh. It was a money trap.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 08:16:00 pm »

Last I checked on BYOND, Cow RP was closed and replaced with Cowed, which is equally as bad. It's not even something permanent-ish, it wipes the map every hour-ish.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 08:41:34 pm »

It may be a little bit different to what you're after, but have you tried Hinterland?
http://www.tiltedmill.com/hinterland/
It's a party-based RPG in a procedurally generated world, where your party members are taken from the small town you must construct and manage - You might think that your farmer will make a good archer, but who'll work his fields while he's off questing?
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 08:55:16 pm »

If you enjoyed Minecraft you might enjoy Infiniminer, the (free!) game that spawned Minecraft.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Pathos

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 09:12:22 pm »

Socialotron - Definitely NSFW, but if you can ignore all that it looks to be a decent game. I've never played it, of course, but you know. =p

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 09:47:03 pm »

You could... you know... go out and buy some wood and some screws...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 09:48:22 pm »

I think he wants to build more than a small shack and for less than $50.
Pages: [1] 2 3