Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Axe Cop - What happens when a five-year old writes a webcomic.  (Read 14966 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Axe Cop - What happens when a five-year old writes a webcomic.
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2010, 06:24:11 pm »

Mine was a superhero team, a super-fast guy, a guy with a giant laser cannon, and a dog that could make things explode by barking.  They fought aliens with unpronounceable names.

There was also a long running (like 12 pages) comics with a talking brain with arms and legs, who got repeatedly mangled by his own awesome laboratory and incompetent assistants.

And a bunch of really poorly drawn war tableaus and Road Warrior fan-art.  I actually had a pretty limited and violent imagination as a child.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Musluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2010, 06:34:32 pm »

Meh, drawing dinosaurs gave too little XP for me, even with mingling with robotics. Took me 10 years to level up to dragons. Also, Jurassic Park was a big enough fad for my age to lure every child to dinosaurs. Big, scary, awesome monsters that are real? Living in this age? Yes please. It snowballed to this day quite easily.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, Axe Cop is awesome. I reject any other reality and substitute it for my own. BRB buying axe.
Fe3g12 - the fourth iron ore.
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2010, 06:42:55 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, Axe Cop is awesome. I reject any other reality and substitute it for my own. BRB buying axe.

Already have one, here, My parents bought me one not long after we got our wood furnace...   :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Musluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2010, 06:44:50 pm »

Me too, but I need a bigger one.
Fe3g12 - the fourth iron ore.
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2010, 08:13:21 pm »

I once drew a comic with pencil and crayons about a bowl of green gruel climbing off the table, repeatedly trying to strangle some dude, and then morphing into a slimy green robot with laser eyes before being caught in a net.

Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes strip...

Axe Cop is awesome.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:14:53 pm by Helmaroc »

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2010, 08:34:07 pm »

In 5th or 6th grade I drew a bunch of comic books about this bug who lived in a house and had a sidekick that was an earthworm with a mechanical harness that gave him arms and a jetpack, and they would fight cockroaches and stuff. Also there was this ladybug-mad-scientist that would come up with new technology for the good guys to use.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2010, 09:38:23 pm »

I always drew little ant-figures (stick-men with ovals for bodies) shooting each other. Eventually the verse got pretty complex. They're folded into the overall Strife cannon now.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2010, 02:43:57 am »

Wow these are awesome lol.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2010, 08:29:26 am »

I wrote comics about a superhero called Donkey.  He was a donkey or sorts, and was basically a stick figure but made of rectangles instead of sticks.

Oh, that and Samurai Jim.  Those were the comics I made.
Shoes...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2010, 01:36:36 pm »

Alright, just managed to read through these. I think part of my brain regressed to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle days of my childhood.

This is quite awesome, but I can't help but notice the following trends:

1) People turn into other things when exposed to them (Dinosaur blood, fruits/vegitables, robot bites, vampires, etc. The list goes on.)

2) Unicorn horns for everyone!

3) Kill the bad guys. All of them.

4) Axe Cop hasn't been met by anyone or anything that presented a challenge to him. He just pulls something crazy out of his ass and wins in 5 seconds. It's like The Adventures of Captain Non-sequitur.

5) Superhero tryouts. Whenever there is a problem, they just crowd-source a new superhero.

Frankly, this is a really interesting insight into the mind of a child, and into the very essence of the creative process. I'm totally not joking either, in that this could be a gold mine for studies of the most fundamental aspects of creativity.

It's also got a planet that got so smart, it grew a unicorn horn. And I'm bothered that this has started to make sense in cannon.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2010, 01:49:26 pm »

Well, Bad Santa was too large a challenge for them the first time so they had to go back and hold some tryouts. Other than that...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 03:39:02 pm »

Axe-Cop needs a nemisis...

???...

???...

Bat-Cop
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2010, 03:48:26 pm »

Newest Chainsawsuit comic.

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:19 pm »

I didn't make much comics that young and by the time I learned to write my stories all seemed to have some degree themed consistency. At first they were just a sort of list of events. They lacked main characters, any pacing and (happy) endings, but those all popped up in the next year.

I suppose learning to read and write killed my creativity by stimulating my conformance to existing ideas about plot and character.

I wonder if Malachai would stick with his characters if the artist would ask him: "And then what happened?" instead of "And then what happened to axe-cop and dinosaur-cop?". It also seems he doesn't come up with much explanation until it is demanded by the fridge logic infested dad. (In the form of the file cabinet with maps to all the world's bad guy labs.
Benzene on steam.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2010, 02:08:28 am »

axe cop is now... AXE COP WITH LEMON!
the statement below is true
the statement above is false
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11