Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: The funds! The funds are holding us back!  (Read 24277 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: The funds! The funds are holding us back!
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2010, 07:20:08 am »

Where in europe could you live off three hundred USD in luxury? And whats the definition of luxury?

I mean I could probably live off of that in Europe, but I wouldnt call it luxury.

In Southern California, a two bedroom two bath goes for cheaply about 1400 a month. That is just rent. Not utilities.

His 350 left over, is not that bad. Kudos. That 175 extra each pay period, assuming a bi weekly one. Assuming life doesn't snip at it, like getting a new tire, new battery or anything car related. He can may get to use it to see a movie, eat out, go on a date (those with those hours...), or maybe buy a new game, or save up for retirement, and bank it.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2010, 07:26:48 am »

I meant for 2000$ not for 350$ of course. Edited my post to make it clear.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:28:49 am by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2010, 07:33:43 am »

I meant for 2000$ not for 350$ of course. Edited my post to make it clear.

2000$ makes more sense. I can live off of 1500 comfortably. No real savings though.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2010, 08:28:31 am »

I guess Tarn and Zach try to aim for a fixed amount of money every month (let's say $2000), so when they earn more (like $5000 months) they save it and when they earn less they compensate by withdrawing it.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2010, 09:04:25 am »

I had not read the March 1 Report post until I saw this thread.  I think it is true that ThreeToe's text reads as if he were saying that the new version is coming out more slowly because we have not donated enough money.  However, he also seems to be calling a tiger "the prey animal".  "Beast of prey" and "prey animal" are not the same thing.  Either he was referring there to the actual prey in a somewhat cursory fashion, or he goofed.  Shall we guess that ThreeToe's mind was not quite in a normal state when he wrote that?   :D

In the very next section, ToadyOne states that work on the new version is continuing as normal, and acknowledges that the dip in funding is understandable as being due to the delay in the release of the new version.

Everyone who has been alive for more than a decade knows that February is the Monday of months.  Let us hope that March is a better month for all of us.   :)
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2010, 09:11:10 am »

Wow, what is with all the hate for Toady these days?

@OP: Chill out... Go drink a glass of water... It'll be ready when it's ready.

Toady works his ass off day after day for us, at least have the decency to appreciate that.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2010, 09:32:01 am »

Yes, this is a very abnormal release schedule, and he is aware of that.  Once done, I believe he intends to go back to the normal version-or-so a month schedule and ne'er do this again, so far as is possible.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2010, 10:41:47 am »

The whole problem with this thread (Not counting the trolls) is that you guys are acting like he gets a monthly or weekly pay check, he doesnt. Maybe 75ish a day or even 25 a day then 100 the next its irregular as fuck. Just so you know!
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

xrogaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Notoriously depraved
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2010, 11:18:53 am »

These bills are crazy! I didn't know living in the US is so damn expensive.
You would have a whole family (or even two!) living in luxury for that money in Europe. (Edit: I mean for 2000$)

Also keep in mind that your 350$ "for everything else" is more that I have for everything. Fortunately you can live here just fine for that.

With your 350$ left you can theoretically buy a new computer every 2 months, I definitely wouldn't call your situation bad, no matter whether you are happy with it or not.
Man, 2000US$ is not that much. Is pretty hard to live with that in the EU.

2000US$ is ~1500€ and it's the lowest wage (without taxes) that you can have in Belgium.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2010, 11:25:45 am »

Thankfully he does live in one of the cheapest states, so that does help.
Seattle is actually a very expensive city to live in. I happen to live here myself, and I cringe looking at the amount he is having to live on. He is lucky to still have savings from when he did have a job, but those will not last him forever.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2010, 01:44:30 pm »

Wow, what is with all the hate for Toady these days?

@OP: Chill out... Go drink a glass of water... It'll be ready when it's ready.

Toady works his ass off day after day for us, at least have the decency to appreciate that.

Agreed. I was hoping someone else would say this for me. Toady is incredible and dedicated, just fuck off and give him some slack.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2010, 03:04:39 pm »

Seattle is actually a very expensive city to live in. I happen to live here myself, and I cringe looking at the amount he is having to live on. He is lucky to still have savings from when he did have a job, but those will not last him forever.

It is, but its not San Fransico expensive, or Los Angles expensive, or even Anaheim expensive.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2010, 03:50:57 pm »

It is, but its not San Fransico expensive, or Los Angles expensive, or even Anaheim expensive.

Do you live in any of those cities?
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2010, 03:54:19 pm »

Has Toady or Threetoe actually flat out said how much they want before they consider 'the beast' fed and give us our reward?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2010, 04:01:25 pm »

This whole thread has gotten way out of hand.

I wish I never voiced my distaste about the comment while agreeing with the OP. It doesn't matter how much he can live off or what he could by with whatever donations we provide. That is completely up to him and we should just leave it as that.

I suggest people that want to donate goto a donation thread and do so.
I hope none of this post will make them rush the game.
I hope they don't get depressed from reading this thread, I know I would.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13