Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: PSN Is Down (Lol Nevermind)  (Read 4550 times)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PSN Is Down
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »

I just get bothered with the RROD getting so much attention. Its not /that/ bad and the customer service is rather good.

Gosh... if I could start a company and sell a low-end, breakdown-prone piece of hardware but back it with great customer service and get the same blind loyalty as microsoft does with the xbox.... wow... I'd be rich. Any time you have your own victim customers defending your company from its hardware problems you are in a win situation

My problem with this is that sony made my uncle pay to get his ps3 fixed, and he's had to do that 3 times and it was under warranty. the xbox has broken 3 times for me, and its been fixed quickly, i've gotten free stuff out of it, and it wasn't under warranty the last two times. Besides, calling my loyalty blind is hardly justified when I know the company looks out for me rather than doing what sony does.

This is all in my experience though, feel free to tell me i'm blind for having equal breakdown rates and only having customer service as the decider here.
Well, I can honestly say that is the only time I have ever heard of someone's ps3 breaking. ever. (naturally besides this clock issue)
And the fact your uncle's broke three times? ... ... yeah... I'm willing to go out on a line here and accuse your uncle of negligence of some sort (hence why he had to pay).

And, yes, I do call your loyalty blind, you still cannot admit that a product breaking, in your case three times, is bad. Yes, I'll admit Sony fucked up with this recent problem. That was bad. Bad bad bad. Just like Microsoft's constant, recurring, widespread problems are BAD. Yet you blindly justify and defend the xbox problems! WOW!
Truly amazing... I am glad I am not a slave to Microsoft or SOny and can admit when they have issues....

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PSN Is Down (Lol Nevermind)
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:25 pm »

Never heard of a wii breaking either.

Now if they'd just release some games for it... either that or STOP SCREWING WITH OUR HOMEBREW DAMNIT. I don't know why they don't try to capitalize on the Wii's homebrew base. All but three games for the Wii (in my opinion) suck, and there aren't many to choose from in the first place. Seems like if Nintendo let us do what we want with the machines that we own they'd sell more Wiis...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »

A friend of mine has his Xbox RROD 3 times and he had to pay each time, so he says, and it took up to 5 weeks on one occurrence.

Not to turn this thread into an Xbox vs PS3 debate anymore than it already is, I find it appalling that the XBox doesn't come with a wireless controller, and you in fact need to purchase an adapter for such controllers. Doesn't anyone realize that in order to achieve what PS3 has in the realm of peripherals you are spending just about as much as a PS3 anyway?

why would you I don't even-

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 10:18:42 pm »

You could close this before we awaken the console fanboy in B12.  It is up to you Urist... only you can save us now.

And as I said... Mileage may vary.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 06:45:00 am »

I just get bothered with the RROD getting so much attention. Its not /that/ bad and the customer service is rather good.

Gosh... if I could start a company and sell a low-end, breakdown-prone piece of hardware but back it with great customer service and get the same blind loyalty as microsoft does with the xbox.... wow... I'd be rich. Any time you have your own victim customers defending your company from its hardware problems you are in a win situation

My problem with this is that sony made my uncle pay to get his ps3 fixed, and he's had to do that 3 times and it was under warranty. the xbox has broken 3 times for me, and its been fixed quickly, i've gotten free stuff out of it, and it wasn't under warranty the last two times. Besides, calling my loyalty blind is hardly justified when I know the company looks out for me rather than doing what sony does.

This is all in my experience though, feel free to tell me i'm blind for having equal breakdown rates and only having customer service as the decider here.
Well, I can honestly say that is the only time I have ever heard of someone's ps3 breaking. ever. (naturally besides this clock issue)
And the fact your uncle's broke three times? ... ... yeah... I'm willing to go out on a line here and accuse your uncle of negligence of some sort (hence why he had to pay).

And, yes, I do call your loyalty blind, you still cannot admit that a product breaking, in your case three times, is bad. Yes, I'll admit Sony fucked up with this recent problem. That was bad. Bad bad bad. Just like Microsoft's constant, recurring, widespread problems are BAD. Yet you blindly justify and defend the xbox problems! WOW!

Truly amazing... I am glad I am not a slave to Microsoft or SOny and can admit when they have issues....

Alright, apart from the RROD, what constant, recurring, widespread problems are there? I haven't heard of any other issues.

A friend of mine has his Xbox RROD 3 times and he had to pay each time, so he says, and it took up to 5 weeks on one occurrence.

Not to turn this thread into an Xbox vs PS3 debate anymore than it already is, I find it appalling that the XBox doesn't come with a wireless controller, and you in fact need to purchase an adapter for such controllers. Doesn't anyone realize that in order to achieve what PS3 has in the realm of peripherals you are spending just about as much as a PS3 anyway?

why would you I don't even-

Uhm? Whaaat? I purchased my X360, complete with a wireless controller. I don't need an adapter for it to work so uhm, you're either talking about the old Xbox or I misunderstood you or you're wrong.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:47:36 am by Shadowgandor »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 09:16:12 am »

Alright, apart from the RROD, what constant, recurring, widespread problems are there? I haven't heard of any other issues.
Thats it.
You only need one, widespread, recurring, system crippling problem to qualify as 'bad' in my mind. If the xbox was a car, it would have been recalled within days of release- and a new proper fix would have been made, rather than just letting your blindly loyal customers suffer- oh, excuse me, you don't mind that it breaks so often- gladly go days without their paid for system while they send it away to be repaired over and over and over again.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 01:17:51 pm »

I'm going to close the topic, as PSN is up and the Xbox fanboyism in here is giving me a headache. I'm going to take my RRoD'd 360 out to the public range next week and decorate it with 50. BMG, as this is its FOURTH RRoD. Might upload video to youtube if the owner of OperatorChan decides to go with me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]