Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: F-moarg  (Read 23887 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: F-moarg
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 12:53:41 pm »

I dig a circular pit in the sand, about 3ft across and 2ft deep. I then place one of the mess tins in the centre. I lay a basha out over the pit, holding it down by placing cans around the edge. I place the bag of nails in the centre, thus creating a Condensation trap

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 01:37:32 pm »

100killer9:as you look around you dont see any water.

kenton:You climb a small dune, from your now higher vantage point you can see that the desert extends as far in any direction as you can see, other then some rocks? and crystals? the desert is formed of a uniform color of sand? dunes.

adam:You check to find have FULL signal, how odd. You set your buff to hairband, remove and tie your jacket around your waist, then proceed to look for the sun, but find the sky a haze? of a discomforting yellow.

mason:You remove you jacket and chuck it in what remains of your Jeep?, you pocket you keys you take you weapons and a water bottle and leave the rest of your gear in the jeep. As you look around all you see is sand?, no water, no game.

ed:you set about making a condensation trap, while digging you find the ground about 2 feet down is slightly moist with some oily substance the consistancy of vinaigrette and black as tar.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 01:58:41 pm »

By the way, how will eating/drinking be modelled?

I place my bergen upright, about 20ft away from the jeep. I use my bungees to secure one end of my remaining basha to the bergen. I then use one of my 50ft ropes to secure the other end of the basha to the jeep, suspending it a few feet in in air, and creating an area of shade underneath.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 02:26:20 pm »

I turn on my bluetooth and attempt to call as many directory enquiries as I can. Stare at the sky while calling and keep a sharp lookout.
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 03:33:43 pm »

take jacket off, chuck it into the jeep (curse myself for not fixing the lock)
pocket keys, leave-shoulder rifle(5 rnds), handgun(2 full clips), knife , and water bottle (leave the rest of the gear in the jeep)

take a brief look around

begin looking for water and or game in the most promising direction
You realize you've only got half of a jeep, right?

Aye; I noticed, but I assumed that there was still enough structure to use it as a temporary shed/shelter

by the way: what part of the jeep is it?
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 03:44:50 pm »

examine the oily substance further (petroleum? or some equally valuable/useful impurity of a chemical)

assist in finishing the water trap, build another (smaller) trap with half the jeep's remaining top

then I prop myself against the jeep (preferable in the shade) and think of what events tore us away from our home

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:04:23 pm by tombthedwarf »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »

Look for a wi-fi signal on my iPod.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 05:31:27 pm »

Ooh, crystals are usually important! If they are a reasonable distance away I'll head off to investigate, otherwise I'll examine the sand? around here, see what it appears to be made of.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 07:07:31 pm »

(drinking will be modeled by a heat-moisture-time-exertion equasion that you wont see but I'll post to tell you when you are thirsty)
(eating is a less complex equasion of amount-time-fullness, you can check this whenever but you will normally go from full to hungry in about 4 or so turns, and I'll tell you when your hungry)
(Tiredness will be based on a time-slept-rest-exertion equasion and I'll tell you when your tired or you can ask)
(a large section of the pasenger side is missing, along with the roof, back and above the drivers side, the right head and tail light area, all that remains is the engine, gas tank, drivers seat,half the back seat, the left head and tail lights and the wheels and enough of the chassis and improtant parts to maybe start the car.

ed: as you go about making some shade you find that the appearently current haze? is keeping any direct light from happening, and the light isnt very strong as is.

adam:you activate your bluetooth but despite the strong recepting you cant seem connect with anything, while staring at the sky you desern that the haze? is not apearently of cloud origin as what you guess are clouds, of a slighly greener shade, move across it.

mason:as you examine the oily substance all you can denote is that it doesnt have any apearant odor and that it doesnt stain clothes, you assist in finishing the water trap and would make a trap out of the jeeps top but it apearently didnt make the cut.

100killer9: you find that you have wi-fi connection but your ipod cant seem connect to anything despite it.

kenton:you run off to the nearest crystal patch about 25 meters from the group, upon reaching it you find the group crystals, each about 5feet long and light violet in color, are in a depression in the sand where there is appearently a natural pool of some of the oily substance.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:09:53 pm by Hungry »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 07:14:31 pm »

Run over to Kenton's pool and attempt to set the oily substance on fire with a match.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 07:45:14 pm »

Wrap jacket around lower half of large tube, head to kentons pool and fill with oil. Grab a crystal, put it in the tube and submerge it in the oil.

EDIT: Didn't realise I said kenton twice. :P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:45:19 am by TheCatfish »
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 08:13:39 pm »

Run over to Kenton's pool and attempt to set the oily substance on fire with a match.
I run away from my pool before anything bad happens! Before that though, I'll see how the light from my flashlight refracts through the crystals.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 09:26:40 pm »

I notice whats happening at the pool and make sure I'm on the opposite side of the jeep remnants when their plan inevitably blows up in their colective face

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 11:06:25 am »

I dig another hole underneath the suspended basha.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 01:45:33 pm »

kenton: you run from the pool seeing 100killer9 wants to light it on fire.

100killer9: you run over you kenton's pool and light a match, chucking it in the pool you duck for cover, but oddly noing happens, and appearently the oily substance is not flamible as the match is floating dosed on the surface.

mason: from you vantage point all you can tell it that there was no blowing up to be had.

ed: you dig another hole underneath the suspended basha, with prodictable results.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34