Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: F-moarg  (Read 23925 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: F-moarg
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:02 am »

@Armok: "Not necessarily. A process that could bring us to another dimension could quite possibly change our chemical makeup as well. We may look the same, but that does not mean that we actually are. Of course, the actual physics behind how we got here is irrelevant compared to figuring out what exactly 'here' is. We have more pressing concerns now, like where to get food once we run out."

I'll repeat my previous action, with no regard for it's safety!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2010, 01:33:29 pm »

In regards to the death by alternate physics debate going on in here, if you dont die instantly upon ariving in another reality one of five things may happen; one the physics of this reality are close enough to yours that for general sense thing will happen as if it was your reality, two your body has undergone a change in physics and build to live in the occupied reality(you become your alternate), or three you have become a pocket of reality in as far as your molecules will react as they would if present in your reality as long as they are attached to your main mass of molecular presence, four you are pulling along a 'tube' of your original reality and in such case anything that enters your body becomes as it would be in your original reality, and five there is a small joining of realities centered around your body and as such multiple layers of rules of physics can apply to all your molecules and ones you may interact with under both your physics and alien physics.

I think about theoretics almost daily...
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2010, 05:37:14 pm »

I rip a piece of my notebook out and scrumple into a ball. Attempt to light on fire with heat vision. Inspect Kenton's red hands.
Poke the star shaped bruises on my hands then try and do a fire blast or something with my hands.
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2010, 08:57:18 pm »

I'll dip my left smallest finger into the pool. It's my least important. I'll hold it in as long as I can, as long as it doesn't appear to harm any other part of my body.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2010, 11:15:56 pm »

I dunk Barbarossa in the pool for questioning me earlier.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2010, 03:14:46 am »

ed:you move you possesions away from the people that had contact with the oil.

kenton:you put you hands back in the pool of oily liquid, and after several minutes the agonizing pain an unsettling form of elasion sinks in to force out the pain, when you remove your hands they are still quite red but each is decorated with a star shaped bruise.

adam:you rip a piece of your notebook out and scumple it into a ball, that just sits there while you fail heat vision, you then go and inspect kenton's hands, they sure are red and each has a star shaped bruise akin to yours, you poke the star shaped bruises on your hands, which let out a pang of pain, you fail at any strang fire powers with your hands.

barbarossa:you dip your little finger into the pool and its met with a feeling of exhilaration seeping into the hand and up your arm, you hold it in for quite some time and the feeling slowly diminishes, you then remove your finger to find your finger is one big bruise with star points at where it meets your hand, and the tip of your finger is translucent down to the bone.

100killer9:you push barbarossa into the pool of oily liquid.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2010, 07:30:47 am »

I'll try touching the bruises against the crystals.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2010, 07:58:02 am »

kenton:you touch your bruises to the crystal and they stick like magnets to a fridge.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2010, 08:12:17 am »

Oh [EXPLETIVE!]

Getting out of the pool, runnin' away from that crazy dude.

(Also, the oily substance appears to turn us INVISIBLE!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2010, 08:28:42 am »

translucent barbarossa not transparent...

barbarossa:you get out of the pool and run from 100killer9.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2010, 08:59:28 am »

Attempt to fill up my tube/container with oil and cap off the top with something. Store in the back of the jeep.
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2010, 10:32:25 am »

(Also, the oily substance appears to turn us INVISIBLE!)
No, it seems more like it changes us into something like the animals here: translucent versions of normal ones. The star shaped bruises on the other hand I have no idea about.

My theory: we were still ourselves when we arrived here, but exposure to this alternate reality is slowly altering us into something more suited to it, and the oily liquid can accelerate the process somehow.

Now for several tests:
1. I touch the two bruises against each other.
2. I see if I can climb the crystals like spiderman.
3. I touch one bruise against a flower, and the other against an animal(not necessarily at the same time).

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:53 am »

adam:after several minutes of searching you find a plasic bag in the jeep and use it to cap off a full tube/container of the oily stuff, and store it in the back of the jeep.

(you should read this more carefully)
your finger is one big bruise with star points at where it meets your hand, and the tip of your finger is translucent down to the bone.

kenton:you touch your bruises together and nothing interesting happens, you fail at climbing the crystals since the strenth of the attraction is more like refridgerator magnets then anything, and putting your hand near a flower it attempts to connect with your bruise, nothing happens when you touch your bruise to the dead rabbit, since the other animals wont stay close enough to you to attempt it, you are now hungry.

armok and barbarossa:you both now have nose bleeds and armok is thirsty.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2010, 11:15:08 am »

Hmm... I believe there were some rock clusters as well as crystals, I'll go investigate one of those.

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2010, 11:16:42 am »

laud myself for not wallowing in the strange liquid
>then look myself over: check for any of the sores

>cut/pull out one of the rabbit's long-bones and see how much force/hardness it takes to break it; test on my knee, my jeep, and the crystals (and see if it sticks to the crystals like my compatriots)

> see what happens when the bone is submerged in the liquid (keep fingers out of that stuff)
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34