Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: F-moarg  (Read 23929 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: F-moarg
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17:29 am »

>Realize that being with others is better when in the middle of nowhere.

>Wave to them. If one waves back, I'll run over. If not, I'll slowly move over, pocketknife at the ready.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2010, 10:10:20 am »

*hums "It's raining men" humorously*

>draw knife, continue hunting/scouting
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2010, 10:24:41 am »

adam:you remove your head from the oil and immediately feel as if your dieing and you pass out for about a minute, waking up you feel, not right.

armok:after you finish starting with a WTF look at everything, you feel yourself(you feel like you), the ground(feels like sand), and smell the air(smells like air), succeed at determining that this is real, you then look around and see a purple sand desert with violet flower patches and glowing crystal clusters.

kenton:you approach an animal(since armok didnt say if you could borrow his microscope), the animal appears to be some kind of translucent wolf or translucent dog, and seems to not care that you are near at all.

mason:you continue to observe the animals, aside from all being translucent they are just like earth animals in size and form.

barbarrosa:you move towards the group(?).

The sun is now exactly overhead.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:52:27 am by Hungry »
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2010, 10:56:16 am »

There....um what, a double post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2010, 12:20:37 pm »

Let's see... I will inquire about the surroundings. I'll ask 100killer9, he seems reasonable.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2010, 12:36:55 pm »

am I still passed out?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2010, 12:43:42 pm »

I'll bring several linked flowers over to the crystal patch and drop them in the black substance.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2010, 02:40:50 pm »

Count my extremities.
Head to the jeep and check my reflection.
Attempt telekinesis.
Greet the new guys and ask their names.
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2010, 02:49:12 pm »

>look for a small creature that looks like it won't put up too large of a fight; kill it with my knife and bring it back to camp

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2010, 05:04:29 pm »

(no, you cant borrow the microscope. And even if you could you'd have to ask iC.)

"Ok, let's figure this out then" breathes deeply "Alright, I can do this, I'm good at this kind of thing."

I start to smooth an area to draw in the sand, then bend down and start making a flowcart and some bayesan math complementing what I say:

"So. First lets review the facts, while narowing down a serch.
First of, cognito ergo sum, or atleast I appear to have some kind of subjective experience and a bunch of mamories and mental skills.
There are of my head 3 possible explanations for this in a tegmarkian multiverse, wich appears to be my a priori asumption.
1) This is an actual, raw, independant reality.
2) I'm a boltsman brain.
3) it is some kind of simulation

1 is what the universe I remember coming from is most likely to be. However, the laws of that universe are incompatible with my recent experience of telportationa and the folowing percived landscape.
2 is a fair bit more likely than before, but still at the standard basline, we might return to this if number 3 dosn't work.
3 is what I'm leaning toward curently, so lets expand this node.

Now, if this is a simulation, we have to figure out what it is running on.
These recent events give the impresion of not being very well thoguth out, but in the other hand I have rich memories of a complex life and seem to make evolutionary sense, and in general seem much more well thoguht out.
I have throguht tests ruled out almost completly this simulation is runigh on my own brain, such as  lucid dream or halucination.
A posthuman superintelegence from after the point of my memory would not be this clumsy, and I cant imagine an utility function that would make this a reasonable coarse of action.
An ailien intelegence writing something fiction-equivelent wouldd either be again smart enought to make a less clumsy transition, or else to stupid to design me.
Althou there are a few other posibilities, I find the most likely hypotesis being that I'm in a work of fiction by a human and based of an actual person (that can mostly be said to b e me, then) in that humans universe, and it seems probable that this human is reaonably close in time and culture to what i remember growing up in.
So, what kinds of works of fiction being writen might it be? Well, one main limiting factor is that I'm a fairly random person that most wouldnt write abaut, so it is probably an amature work pherhaps by someone I know. Most peaple I know are throught the internet, and even mor so if filtering by writing fiction. Writen pieices on the internet with these descriptions are usualy some kind of cumunity/forum fiction, or variants of roleplaying games. Roleplaying games are the most numerus and thus statisticaly this is most likely one. This is suported by there being several other persons having been teleported in that might presumably be other PCs.
The vast mayority of my interet  roleplaying is done on the bay 12 games forum.

Multiplying all these factors give... 68... Rounding to a 70% probability I'm a fictional character inside a roleplaying game on the bay12 games forums.

...crap.

So, lets test this:" I shout: "SO WHICH OF YOU PEOPLE VISIT THE BAY 12 GAMES FORUM ON THE INTERNET?"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2010, 05:41:01 pm »

I'm sure that you wouldn't be thinking "OH[DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE]OH[DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE]OH[DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE]!!!!!" instead of making up math.

I run up to 100killer9 and ask him if he knows what's going on.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:46:18 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2010, 04:55:36 am »

Barbarossa:you ask 100killer9 about the surroundings and whats going on(he HAS to reply since its a pc interaction and can happen between moves)

ed:you come around from unconsciousness, you are both thirsty and hungry, but your nose has stopped bleeding.

kenton:you bring a ring of about a dozen linked flowers to the crystal patch, and drop them in the black substance, they float and nothing else.

adam:you examine you extremities, you have two arms and two legs with relitive attachments(hands, feet ect.), but have about fifteen or so star shaped bruises on random places, you go back to the jeep and check your reflection and find that your eyes have changed from their normal brown color to an unsettling white on black color, you fail at telekinesis.

mason:you find that nearby is a group of bunny equivilents, you suceed in stealtily killing it with your knife, and bring it back to the camp.

armok:afterdoing sand math you shout a question at the group.(I can do this part as it is pc interaction)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2010, 06:26:17 am »

>I eat a can of beans and drink some water from my supplies

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2010, 08:04:10 am »

good: food.

>ask they newcomers If they remember what events brought them here

>begin preparing the translucent rabbit taking note of any external/internal biological differences between it and a normal rabbit(organs, skin, fat, and bones)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2010, 08:07:19 am »

I remember NOTHING! (except I was cursing Thor at the time)
Check out the star shaped bruises and run on over to the other guys. Check out ed see if he's bruised or anything like myself.
Attempt laser eyes!
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34