Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: You are in a dark room...  (Read 13806 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: You are in a dark room...
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 10:43:36 pm »

I'm watching the game. I'll read it later, but I have things to do.
like your mom

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 11:31:02 pm »

Look at the key in disgust and throw it away. Run at the door at full speed and attempt to knock it down.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 11:46:11 pm »

Looking at the key in disgust, you throw it on the floor, it bounces and lands on the now unbalanced table making it fall over slowly...
You now back up till your beside the eye, then run at the door full speed atempting to knock it down...

Now being such a failure and never experiencing such things before you instead headbut the door, and the door being with such thickness so you cant break it open, you knock yourself out sprawling recoiling and hit the floor...

A few hours later you wake up, the thudding is now closer again, your head hurts like HELL, you also notice that the blood content in the room has seem to have gotten larger...
You turn your head towards the door and see weird very long finger like apendages in the hole of the door (Think of half-life zombie claws/fingers) searching around the area that they can reach...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:49:33 pm by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 12:33:40 am »

BITE THE FINGER OFF!!!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 12:56:03 am »

...lol...

Waiting for more options.
Also there are like 10 finger like apendages... they have sharp nail like things on the end of them...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 01:05:44 am »

What is the "hole of the door"?

Pick up the key, look better around the now screwed up room. There could be some tools or a not-broken needle for a syringe. If there's some tool, pick it up. If you manage to find another needle for a syringe, replace the broken one.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:07:38 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 02:04:18 am »

...lol...

Waiting for more options.
Also there are like 10 finger like apendages... they have sharp nail like things on the end of them...
Oh...well that disappointing lol.
you could like use the table as a shield so you can get closer and bite the fingers off.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 02:12:57 am »

ok two is good...

And the hole of the door was made when the eye fired a lazer that most likely hit the previous things that were near the door on the otherside, making them run off?
----------

Being partly crazy, you decide to attempt to tell the searching fingers to, "piss off", the oldfashioned way, WITH TEETH!. (Oh god, i just realised how that sentance can be used in a specific movie...)

You manage to get closer to one of the searching finger appendages and start chomping at the base of it.
A lot of blood splurts out, the fingers are now aware of your presence, and quickly attempt to grab a hold of you.
One hits you at the back of the neck with the end claw.
Another bounces off of the top of your head.
and the others simpy just wack you...
You pull back and stand back in the center of the room, the finger you bit has grown limp and moves slower than the others...

Now getting over your crazyness, you decide to pick the key back up, and have another better look around the now screwed up room compared to what it was before.

In the room...
 -A cabinet in front of the eye on the bottom walls, the cabinet has a hole in it due to the lazer. It can fit five draws.
 -Two draws on the floor where the cabinet once stood ( right wall), they are empty.
 -A chest with approx 1 inch thick wood in the bottom left corner, the key you have doesnt work on it and it can not be broken by anything you currently have...
 -A round table that has had a leg removed, and is now lopsided, with one leg in the air, two legs on the ground and the edge of where the leg was removed is now touching the floor.
 -There is a spherical metal object, built into the wall behind the cabinet, you remember that it looked like an eye, and has "eyelids".
-There are lights all along the room, it seems like there is a meter inbetween each light and there are three lights on each wall, the lights are at knee height.
 -There is a pull-cord which controls the lights.
 -Beside the pull-cord there is a noose with the head of the mutilated creature still attached...
 -The lower left leg of the creature is near the cabinet.
 -The rest of the body, veto the head and the lower left leg is at the door.
 -The door is at the top of the room, it is 1 inch thick aswell, has a doorknob and keyhole, and has a hole in the middle where the lazer struck it, 10 long finger like apendages (think of half life zombies) are sticking through the hole in the door searching frantically, except for one which is slower than the rest as you bit it...

You can see nothing else in the room that you could be able to use properly...
----------
Hint: examine the head...

And @ xdarkcodex you didnt say so... also i write it up already, so dont expect me to do it again...
You could say to pick up the table, that way you have a moderatly heavy large wooden shield, and a club which is made out of a chair leg...

---

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 02:30:16 am »

I mean, i wont go back and rewrite it... you can request it again...
---------
INVENTORY.
1. Wooden chair leg (improvised club)
2- Bloody lab coat, looks to be the blood of the mutilated creature...
3. Bronze key
4- Silver coin in unknown language
5. two bronze coins in the same unkown language
6-Grey cotton pants
7.A broken gass mask
8-A white shirt
9.Green underwear
10-An almost empty lighter
11.A broken syringe with an unknown substance.
12-A packet of cigs
13.A very old rag.
14- the end peice of the needle.
15.The "blank" peice of paper which has some weird lines and an odd picture form on it...
16-The paper with nonsensicle writing on it has some sort of "word find" pattern on it, when you find the words and lines are circled around them.
17.The scrunched up paper is written in the nonsensicle format as the other peice of paper and some circles and a few lines on the new peice of paper
---

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:36 am »

Examine your head.

Also try to make the cabinet fall, and try to drag a chest on it to block the "eye-laser" with it. Maybe it will be able to break the chest?

Meanwile, examine the bodyparts of the dead creature, and the hanging head. Check if you can retrieve the noose.

By the way, we don't need a shield. All we need to do is to find a crowbar somehow.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 09:48:44 am »

Damn! now i have to remove that whole section...
jokes.

Cant update right now, will tomorrow, and damn you and your loopholes deon, that chest was suppose to be critical later for back tracking, so it can be somewhat opened by the lazer as it went through the door :(
Oh well, thats what makes it fun, the unpredictability of the players...
---

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 11:42:55 am »

I hate backtracking :P.

I say, FORWARD!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 11:57:19 am »

> Use club to bash the claw fingers every time they come into the room. But be unpredictable, attack from a different side every time, wait a different (short) time before whacking, etc. So it doesn't learn our movements.

> After a couple times of this, just lean the table up against the door so it can't see in.

> Use needle and blood to solve the word-find.

> Examine coins and key. Bronze coins, bronze key. Any similarities in design? Do the coins look like they fit together in any way? Try sandwiching the silver coin between the two bronze coins and twist them a couple times to see if they lock together.

> When the laser eye beam shot the door, did it somehow miss the filing cabinet? Or is there a hole in the filing cabinet now?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 12:16:28 pm »

In the room...
 -A cabinet in front of the eye on the bottom walls, the cabinet has a hole in it due to the lazer.
Read. Man. READ! NOW! :D

Ok thanks for reading.

Good idea with the word-find. I forgot about it alltogether, after all crazy actions.

And yeah, don't forget you have a club. Don't use your teeth you can conduct an infection!

We can always find a way to die in a silly way, let's try to solve this one please.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:18:03 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 01:19:10 pm »

> Put cabinet down on its side. Drag the chest over and pull it up onto the cabinet, then lean it against the eye so the laser will blow off the end when it fires next. If necessary, use the empty drawers as spacers. But don't place the chest so that the laser will destroy whatever is in it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20