Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well, that was unexpected.  (Read 2839 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Well, that was unexpected.
« on: March 01, 2010, 12:20:12 am »

So, I started a dwarven adventurer to go off and kill some goblins in a nearby fortress.

I couldn't find anyone to kill, but I did find a staircase leading to an underground tunnel.

"Cool", I thought. "Let's see where this goes."

So, wondering this tunnel for a very long time (listening to chasm creatures nearby plunge to death when I came near), I happened across a chasm that intersected the tunnel. I killed some stuff, and moved on.

I then walked straight into a demon pit which connected to the tunnel and got killed by two Spirits of Fire.

Awesome.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Well, that was unexpected.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:49:20 am »

I must have this world!
Show us the worldgen! It's been my dream to fight HFS in adventurer mode!

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:56:02 am »

This is awesome. Give us worldgen?
They started to collide~

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:40:24 am »

This must be a one in a million chance. I so want this world ;D
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 05:50:44 am »

Coooool. I want a world where i can fight HFS. It would be epic to carve out that legend into the history books of your world!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:28:56 am »

Good heavens, that sounds awesome. I wonder whether or not the clowns in there started to influence the world before or after you discovered them.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 12:30:04 am »

OK, I'll upload it eventually. I'll upload the whole file, as it's been modded.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 12:36:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's a sneak peek from my gamelog.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 01:18:38 am »

Alright, sorry for triple posting, here's the file. You'll have to abandon the fort that's been started, and the adventurer will need to head for one of the dark fortresses on the right-hand side of the world. IIRC, it's a grey one. It's a long trek and there's a chasm before the HFS, so that will help you track it down a bit.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1899

Balor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 05:38:19 am »

Where exactly it is? Can you provide coordinates? "right-hand" is a bit vague :).
Sapienti Sat.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 12:04:44 am »

Gah, sorry. I have a fort running which I'm loathe to abandon, but I'll try and get a duplicate file up to abandon instead.

EDIT: It's in the Crest of Burying. Sorry for lack of specifics.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:51:45 am by ungulateman »

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 01:03:16 am »

That looks ripe for a fortress embark, to me.

Or, at least, ripe for repeated reclaims.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Balor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 03:18:23 am »

Hmm, is that Weredrinkers, dark fortress of bemasto?

I scouted that, but cannot find any way down to the tunnel, though I did find some troglodytes and other chasm creatures - so, there GOT to be a way.

The fortress has three 'castles' - Bastion of Thieves, the Unnameable Caste and Ruthless towers.

Which of those has that tunnel?
Sapienti Sat.

Balor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 08:15:21 am »

I've found it!
The fortress is purple, called Trailedscourges, the exact 'castle' where the entrance located is called 'Palace of Seducing'.

You have to travel really long way.

And btw, I have found the adamantine and the pit, but it was empty! No demons, no victims, nothing. Perhaps that is an OTHER pit?
Sapienti Sat.

AnotherDwarvernDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 06:55:42 pm »

Maybe all the demons escaped and the prisoners vanished because of some weird glitch? :-\
Pages: [1] 2