Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Age of Dragon and Demon?  (Read 1919 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Age of Dragon and Demon?
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:27:10 pm »

So I gen this small world where only 70% of megabeasts have to die. Suddenly the worldgen stops at year 50. More than half the world is haunted, and according to the legends mode, only two great powers have risen, a dragon, named Olsmo Fortunewarmth the Flickering Brands, and a demon, Unu Burylies. Olsmo is pretty much decimating the human civilization with the help of the goblins and kobolds, while Unu is worshipped by both humans and dwarfs and took down a zombie cyclops. Both are still alive.

My question is: Does this happen often?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Dragon and Demon?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:45 pm »

not usually i think.. i certainly haven't genned a world like this.. consider yourself lucky and make some awesome engravings :P
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:12:48 pm »

Its not so rare as to be unknown (at least, the age name--the specifics entirely depend on history seeds).

Interesting certainly.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 12:34:36 am »

My world recently entered the Second Age of Myth. I had the normal "Legends - Myth - Heroes" you get in most worlds, killed some site leaders in adventure mode and embarked.

Ages with two or three powers like yours are more common in small worlds. It's less common in larger worlds.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 02:53:51 am »

I just genned a pocket world where a dragon and demon ruled. After 12 years, the dragon was killed by a dwarf, the remainder until year 30 was, and is still ruled by a demon. Of course, named the Age of the Demon.

Sounds fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 03:14:15 am »

I had this happen several times, but the most memorable was in a world that I let run for the maximum time. I had modded the dwarves to be very similar to "iron men", made the elves into giants and gave the humans 6 arms. I was bored.

Anyways, this demon rules over a goblin civ which conquers and assimilates the dwarves. For the rest of history there's this constant threeway war between the demon led dwarves and goblins, the humans and the elves. The demon has like 600 kills because, for some reason, it keeps randomly killing goblins in it's own civ, usually like once or twice a year. Long story short, I ran in, killed the demon and died in the process. (I missed the first blow and the demon broke my arm before I managed to pierce his heart with my spear. His dwarven body guards immediately stabbed me to death very slowly after this.)

It's fun to end ages. 

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 11:16:27 am »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 01:58:16 pm »

Olsmo lives?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 04:20:20 pm »

Most pocket worlds only have 1 megabeast.  If they have a goblin civ, then there is a demon as well.  That pretty much means you will have only 2 powers for the age name.  You may be able to get an age of heros, but I don't know the requirements on that.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 05:02:19 pm »

You may be able to get an age of heros, but I don't know the requirements on that.

There are a few details on the wiki.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 10:05:44 am »

can you get the age of adventurer?
do i just have to make them a power and kill all ther other powers?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 10:13:09 am »

can you get the age of adventurer?
do i just have to make them a power and kill all ther other powers?

Adventurers, not having the [POWER] tag can't become a [POWER]. ;)

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 01:43:58 pm »

The best thing to do in this situation is to kill off the megabeast, ending the age, then opening up the HFS in fort mode to start the 2nd age of Legends/Myth. 

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 07:08:35 pm »

The odd thing was, there was no age of myth/legends. It was just age of Dragon and Demon from the beginning.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 12:24:33 am »

That's because they were the only megabeasts / semimegabeasts in the world.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: [1] 2